G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members
R1- GINGER LOCKS won really well on debut at big odds. Weaved his way through from the back of the field which is a good quality to have for a 2yo and really ran through the line. His trial prior to that wasn’t bad when being eased near the line and did look to have a little left to give. Again likely settles just worse than midfield but looks one of the few 2yos who is really suited by 1200 at this stage and should go close again.

R2- OUR BOY DYLAN has been racing in good form since returning from a freshen. Won a class one with plenty in hand before bumping into Cuballing in a class three. Two back he was a close up fourth behind Vadette Da Star and last start worked hard early in a high quality class three. Drops weight here back into 3yo company and looks to get a much softer run tracking the speed which he seems to appreciate.

R3- BRUCE ALMIGHTY seems to go lengths better with a rail to follow. Got that two back when leading and booting away from them into the bend and hold in a similar race to this. Last start came around the leaders back only to lay back in behind when third last Sunday in a race where the first three cleared right out from fourth. Draws one here in a race he should be able to lead comfortably and on the backup with easterlies around will make himself hard to run down.

R4- UNIVERSAL PLEASURE will be an interesting watch out of the gates. Drawn the outside in a field with little early speed do they come out running to find the fence or go right back with a horse they believe will be a better chaser. Regardless she is going along super having won her last three in soft fashion and beat two subsequent winners at her most recent. This is tougher and the draw doesn’t make things easier but hard to knock a progressive mare in form.

R5-RELIABLE STAR brings alternate form to the other three favourites having avoided the 1000 Guineas. Was unlucky not to win two back having ridden a bump near the 100 in a faster run race than the 1000 Guineas on the same day. Backed up into a 2000m race against older horses last week and won nicely and now backs up again here at 2200. That should have her rock hard fit to run the trip strongly where her rivals may be left wanting at the finish.

R6- MISS MARIETTA has returned in career best form. Seriously attacked the line first up in the Pearl Classic at 1300 before going close second up and bolting in last start on her home track. She may not have beaten much but was impressive enough to suggest she can go close back into Saturday grade. She looks to get another perfect run just off the speed from barrier one and just needs an ounce of luck in the straight.

R7- WESTERN EMPIRE is impossible to knock coming off a demolition job in the Lex Piper. Does find himself in a slightly stronger field here but with that he finds a field that should produce a stronger tempo to help him relax as he does have a tendency to over race. His form from the Summer carnival is outstanding and at set weights and penalties concedes 2kg to horses he beat by 5L+. Sits midfield and should be able to win in similar fashion.

R8- Best Bet: CUBALLING is starting show some versatility in his races. Early in his career was ridden for speed but has been able to sit back at his last two and produce a sustained turn of foot that can get him out of trouble like it did last start. Back to 1000m here which looks his best trip and from three think they try and have him settle a touch closer over the short course. He’s starting to turn into a real winner and that should see him continue through the grades.

R9- LORENTINIO is a handy front running type suited to Ascot racing. Is a two time winner in this grade this campaign and still gets in with a very winnable 58kg after Ramoly’s claim. Seems to appreciate 3-4 week spaces between his runs, loves 1400 and looks like getting things his own way out in front here. The race he won last start was very similar to this but there are no Resortmans he has to hold out late and he likely proves too slippery for them again.

Comments

• GoddGodd    199 posts
    R1- AWESOME RIVAL was quiet in her most recent trial, in an open race.

R2-DIVINE PAIR has shown above average ability and returned with a solid trial. SAVAGE ONE and SPICY DANCER will be in the thick of it.

R3-PETITE LA FEMME has been running out of her skin recently, her run last start in graduation 60+ was full of merit. She should be hard to beat at a good each way quote.

R4-UNIVERSAL PLEASURE has never missed the placings in her career and this will be no different.possibly her toughest assignment to date but can’t knock winning form.

R5-SOLAIA say no more she should win this. Throw SUNSET CRUISE into the exotics

R6-BERET was a good run last start, stretching out to the mile for the first time, but shows it shouldn’t be an issue.

R7-WESTERN EMPIRE after smashing his rivals last start he just wins. SHEIKH IT in for multiples , getting over a more suitable distance in my opinion but is running for 2nd.

R8-CUBALLING was a good win last start, drops 1kg on that win and can’t seeing it being far away again. MASQUERADE first up demands respect. Trk/dist stats are good and last time he was 1st up run 4th behind horses like long beach, condor hero’s and this’ll testya..

R9-LORENTINIO should find the front with lucky aboard and be hard to hold out. MY GREEK BOY is a big weight dropper and is a good each way chance.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    Thoughts on whether or not Solaia can run a strong 2200m?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ its iffy, flanders.
    brave angel was very dominant, reliable star is rock-hard, will get the trip on her ear so will have my money.
    i'm going tomorrow, lunch upstairs so taking train and godd's tips as guides...
    :!!

Flanders likes this post.

• FlandersFlanders    1,199 posts
    thefalcon said:

^^ its iffy, flanders.

brave angel was very dominant, reliable star is rock-hard, will get the trip on her ear so will have my money.
    i'm going tomorrow, lunch upstairs so taking train and godd's tips as guides...
    :!!

Enjoy the day!
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2021
    Ok it’s stand and deliver time - one word - Beret. Same old story small win and mostly place.

This is what she wants - her old man Helmet his best win was in a Caulfield Guineas over the mile, around 2011 and defeated Manawapoi or Manawanui something like that. Was a terrific finish with a gutsy Helmet holding on for Kerrin McEvoy and trainer Peter Snowden.

Helmet could be a bugger of a horse for favourite backers, can recall being a beaten favourite several times, was heavily backed on the day in a Cox Plate to run fave and fair dinkum was the first horse beaten! About 3/1 into 7/4, was a big fluctuation remember that much. Won a Champagne Stakes in Sydney.

Anyway back to Beret - gets back but hopefully can get into the three wide line with cover and swoop.

Now for the outlandish - come Railway Stakes and Kingston Town time this mare will be running!
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited March 2021
    Going H2H with you again Riders I'm suiting up on Trump This again, hope he drifts a bit too which Is possible late in betting.
    Goes up in weight due to winning(he got 5 points), the slightly lower grade and Madi's claim dropping down to 2kgs.I don't think the rise to 56 will matter too much so ew all day(place heavier)on this honest gelding could see more cash go in the kick.

*I will add your tip looks hard to beat but otherwise they are just an average bunch i think he can beat.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• VoodooVoodoo    1,234 posts
    Watch Me Ney Ney to get right over the top of you both........
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Lukes Pierro $12
    Big Screen (best each way) $15
    Bruce Almighty $3.1
    Thrilled $18
    Reliable Star $5.5
    Miss Marietta $3.9
    Western Empire Win/Holy Enchantment Place
    River Beau (best) $3.1
    Lorentinio $4.6

Boo lol jokes...well i will be last I think and one of your two horse's will be carting mine into it ;)

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Agree with your Western Beau H, If he repeats that last run(and booming late sectional)look out.
    From a far better gate today and a smaller field will be closer and swamp them late.Even 3.30 on the boost is still decent looks like he will start shorter...6/4 I reckon

R2.SassyTrader wonder if Turner kicks up and.leads? Little worry if he is overrun early but small field should be ok getting a run(used to LOVE laying in though).

R3 Double Spice and a spec the maiden and drifting in price Petite La Femme who can win an even race.Last run was good.

R4 knocking the fav, Universal Pleasure if it gets over ok for Lucky can 4peat.

R5 looks hard to split 4 of them and after last start I'm sitting out would rather throw stake here at a standout additional bet in the "Western Empire" stakes.

R9 Not To Be Mist can turn the tables on the topple, on the proviso of an economical run.

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    edited March 2021
    Great race the Natasha Four fillies  you can make a case, with the other four on rip or bust at 2200m. Am on Pure Devotion for the  Oaks expect her  to tidy up the loose ends today. IMO think solaia is the one i would question the most regards the trip of the four fancied.--.but her internal toughness-------------- having 11th start in this campaign might argue..
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Good to see perth racing going good hes gold could not beat Secret plan home the other day but today it wins eased down lol  perth racing its just the best goes good.
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Then you look at betting 17s into 7s dont bother doing form just follow money enough said.The other horse out gate you dont need to to say what happens you saw it lol perth racing she goes good.

edited March 2021
    what did you back out of curiosity?? looked a no bet race to me by the way..
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    You mean Story Book?  That horse won on debut after 2 trial wins.  That could turn out to be super form.  
    IF Lucky takes a sit outside Sassy Trader two things likely happen 1.he finishes a lot closer to a bigger cheque 2nd or 3rd i reckon and Sassy Trader wins..not to say he had to let this occur but both would have benefitted from a less helter skelter pace.Big run the runner up.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    R6 Agree with Voodoo and Watch Me Ney Ney
    R8 Molten down in grade and second up usually goes well so each way at long odds
    R9 Tycoon Storm is best bet with an each way interest in Bonneville Black

I've put a quaddie on without seeing your tips slip. I know how this is going to end
    Gee it's easy afterwards but I put too much faith in the trials of Thrilled and ignored Universal Pleasure who just keeps winning with the champ on top
    edited March 2021
    your forgiven now Lucky.

As long as you have TS and maybe BB(is a stayer 1400 too short imo)in the last leg you will be sweet.Ney Ney is a cat and Molten could not beat River Beau with a start.
    Must be very skinny in legs 2 and 3? 1 out in both i'd go... 
    :D
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    How small could the oaks field end up?  Would think at least 3 of those that ran today would be wasting their time, in truth 5 of them probably would be
    Big go on Sluice Box  @-) i don't mind the galloper but better suited away from the city i would have thought.
    The plonk went awry, think both ours were disappoinitng Riders TT was so far back needed a sniper to sight it dunno wtf was going on there might need to stay a bit more in touch, ran on ok but Chataqua he aint ffs.
    edited March 2021
    Vegemite on toast all week after Beret. Not much luck in running though. Was hitting the line ok, got crowded and held up a little. Excuses excuses, into the clear earlier and she’s placed for sure. Another day for Beret.
    edited March 2021
    Watch replay again thunder..will swoop past them at the 1650 of Belmont Park. Still think she goes okay.
    Around the time said Uni Time was a Railway Stakes horse it was defeated by Go Crying at Belmont - last seen hovering around at Mt Barker, things can change!
    1.90 Holy Enchantment just way overs this morning to place. Getting a few units back now after a slow start

edited March 2021
    3.30 exacta was predictable also.didnt look on Sportsbet but wonder what the same race multi prices were...
    AND the slight drift to 1.50 for the fav was stealing it was a deadset 1.20 chance....
    The Moral wins not as dominant as it looked like it was going to be but never in doubt.
    Best bet home :)
    edited March 2021
    SMFH...is sacked that donk...