G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

2 Members & 29 Non Members
R1- Best Bet: ISEERED ISEERED brings what looks like the strongest form to a small but select Wednesday 3yo race. Was a first up second beating home Gemma’s Son and Madam Torio before leading and fading late in the 3yo Magic Millions. Last start somehow found itself three back the fence before running the fastest last 600m in a bunched finish for the placings. Back to 1100 looks a positive and from two Pateman has the choice to lead or sit in the breeze and control the tempo from there.

R2- AMERICAN GRIN has put in two flashing light runs at his first two runs this campaign. Was charging at the end of 1200 first up when laying in and getting close before last start finding himself way too far out of his ground on a wet track. The leader was off and gone on the turn and he did a massive job to run second on that occasion. Draws a gate to sit closer and should appreciate 1500 as well as the dry track.

R3- NO APOLOGY gets one more chance in the weakest race he has seen since resuming. Loomed as the winner two back in a fast run class three before finally going forward again last start in a 66+ and running third. Returns to class three company and gets another chance to lead from a low draw in a race with little speed. The claim from Ramoly means he carries the same weight as two back and a repeat of any of his recent runs would see him very hard to beat here.

R4- TRADE MASTER finally gets out to 1400 for the first time this prep. Trialled really well prior to his first up run over an unsuitable 1000m trip and having nothing go right. Was sent back to the trials and trialled well again in blinkers behind a couple of smart ones. Was better last start at 1200 when sitting midfield and hitting the line okay. Now getting to 1400 with blinkers going on in a race where he can take up a forward spot it looks a chance for him to improve big time.

R5- TEMPTACION was a different horse last start when the blinkers went on. Was winding up into the race on the turn and when asked to go simply exploded. Looks primed for the step to 1800 fourth up after three 1500m runs and should get another reasonably strong tempo to allow her to replicate that turn of foot. That was only a class one but looks a filly who will be capable of measuring up to Saturday grade and if she can win this may even earn an Oaks start.

R6- PASARAN put in two good runs at the start of what has become an interrupted campaign due to a stable virus. Those issues seemed to have died down as the whole Pope yard is racing really well and this horses recent 1400m trial was really good without the blinkers. Blinkers went on this horse at the height of the stable issues so expect the improvement from them has yet to be seen. 1800 looks a good restart point after 50 days since a race run and can sit three deep with cover and wind up into the best part of the track.

R7- NO MEAN FEET has some serious soundness issues but is an incredibly talented horse nonetheless. 711 days between runs generally is a big red flag but it’s normality for him and Joy Kelly does a fantastic job getting him to the track at all. His recent trial was fantastic when taking 4L off the leader in the straight in a super quick trial which showed he was ready to rock and roll. Has gate speed and expect Corver to have him running in an attempt to break their hearts.
+1 -1

H-BOMBER likes this post.

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    I agree with Trade Master in R4  and even though 1 win from 18 starts isn't flash it will be my only interest for the day.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2021
    Just one in the last race of the day 3 x 7 basis Wiener Waltz always had a little bit of time for this guy, overall record not that flash though and unplaced at Mt Barker first up but goodness gracious, should’ve won hard held by 3 lengths, for replay watchers its a bottler. Interesting stewards report too.

By Zoustar who sired the recent Newmarket Handicap quinella with Perth horse Indian Pacific runner up and buggered if can remember the winners name now haha.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ bullshite.... :))

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited March 2021
    I see Pikey has swung by for some rides midweek.Back over east late in the week as he is riding at Mornington on Saturday i read within a story about Arcadia Queen.

Don't mind Iseered Iseered in this company but i see it's on the drift and the stablemate is firming so i will be watching betting til just before the jump.

Now or never for No Apology Train is spot on in the last chance stakes, was pretty good last time in better grade.May be my first bet banking on Lucky to be just that...

R4 i reckon Regal Dividend is ready now, down in class and Lucky rides her all the time they should hopefully win the 2nd leg of a race to race double.

edited March 2021
    Hey thunder have a look at Wiener Waltz at Mt Barker puts in strides like Super Impose over the last 150.
    If runs ok and heads back down south - get on!

Who did win that Newmarket haha, know it was top weight just like Corporate Larrikin, keep telling you gents the top weights are ( for @bomber ) absolutely thrown in these days!

Thunderstruck, H-BOMBER likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,630 posts
    Zoutori

Yes mate, steamed home indeed after the jock gave it next to none restraining back to last strangely.
    Watch it with interest tomorrow i reckon they may be trying new tactics to get it to run 1200? gate 1 interesting to see where they possie up, same jock steers.
    Age shall not weary them either - runner up in the Esperance Cup Touch Of Silver - 9.
    Third place getter Push To Pass -10.
    Mt Barker Cup - Corporate Larrikin goes one better numerically in result and age first - 11.

They carried saddle cloth numbers 1, 2, 1.
    edited March 2021
    For sure thunder, never been a big fan of barrier one, also we are talking Mt Barker and up to headquarters tomorrow but their was something to like about the run.
    Should win a race or two somewhere this campaign.
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Dowadiidy tumivet
  • SeagullSeagull    39 posts
    Ascot BB’s Iseered, American Grin, No Apology, Doowahdiddy, Katona

H-BOMBER, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Good luck today

Airlie Queen $8.50 - Liked the trial and Pike back for a hit and run mission. 
    American Grin $1.90 - Picks itself after last two flashing light runs. 14 up to 15 now should be winning
    Yulong Earth $4.80 - Headcase that gets last last chance, only because of the small field. 
    Snip'n'tuck $6.50 - 2 quiet trials going to the line under its own steam, typical Durrant setup for a first up win
    Hyperspace $18 - 22 back to 1800, fit and can sit handy in the run for Lucy. Drops to a 60+ from a 66+and cops 0.5kg. No world beaters here so is a bet at the price
    Tumivet $1.80 - I was seduced on that first start at 1500m no less. Straight to 1800m and has a nom for the WA Derby. Just wins, put in and take out. 
    Weiner Waltz $7.50 - Nice each way to finish the day. As mentioned above, rocketed to the line at 1100, goes to the 1200. Jockey a ? mark

Best - American Grin/Tumivet W double
    Best each way - Hyperspace
    Drifter - Snip'n'tuck
    Firmer - Weiner Waltz
    i'll have 1 bet...a roughie, r6 #7, smoking barrel.
    yep, i know there is a shortie in the race, but i remember the old reckoning.."be careful of the start after a maiden win"...

i'm with you bomber re w.waltz, the steerer is a big no-no.....now watch her ride it like pike...
    ;)

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    You should have no problems backing Mollie Clark in especially when she’s riding one trained by her partner! Atleast you know she’ll be trying to win 8-|

edited March 2021
    Must have had some "wheelspin" last start then :P slipping back to last, wonder if he was happy with that ride(i'd suggest not entirely but could not say too much for selfserving reasons)
    I reckon it can run a race too, Ascot and grade of race not the worry but maybe the 1200 and or gate 1 are..
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    R2 No7 The Slug, with the blinkers on will get home.

R3 No3 Yulong Earth, should be close enough in running for today to be the day.

R5 No3 Lyle's Choice, has beebn a great horse for me and is beautiful odds today.
    edited March 2021
    Ahh yes that was nice, down in class and 1100 was the key the betting equalised and the toppie was a big drifter late and went just fairly.

Seems everyone found Iseered so well done on that. Airlie queen 8.50 into $5 and dint give a yelp  b-(

• savethegamesavethegame    2,788 posts
    Pateman on track for 4.
    ^^^^ Jonah ... :))

savethegame likes this post.

Horse to blame there. Looked a horrible ride for Pateman

savethegame likes this post.

edited March 2021
    untractable for the 3rd time in a row, sack it is my advice and started decent unders too @ 1.60

Yulong Earth will stop getting my attention. Its time. 

what are we gonna do when "lucky r." goes home? here until the end of the season...we'd better T him up with a beautiful mauritian lady...
    hash, when did mollie last throw her leg over a horse on race day? outer country does not count.
    Staying longer is he Falc? yeh maybe if he get's his hooks into a young lady he might stay long term.

Good idea H, i backed that err galloper in one of its 4th placings a few back..decided then NEVER again. 
    good thinking, thunder... :-B
    Cats(the toppie)going to the front when they have none and then just fn end up getting in the way boo...Mitch wil be going well to land two at this rate.
    Well I'm hoping the last 3 can salvage something.
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Gee perth racing she goes good Tumivet sp 1.70 and cant run a place  in that class lol  alot of thoughts come to mind.