SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
Vintage Stock for me.

Accidentally liked my own post.
+1 -1

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited April 2021
    Well..i've got a recent theme going bear with me...get ready to dislike it Slip because if it wins I'll eat it....

With hollandaise sauce and sauteed king prawns..maybe a small bed of flied lice for the leftover sauce.

:P

Cheering for Mycroft but reckon a city class galloper might win it, Our Idyll for Tiarnna R.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i'm with both of you..will take the q and exacta....

see where old profit street is up there 66kg down to 62kg with the claim....if i'd owned it he would have been gifted to an equestrian school.
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    You little ripper!

Top bloke JR, deserves this win!
    Well done Chris Graham mainly for saving a big serve of egg on my face and horse which i'm sue i wouldn't like. but also doesn't get many winners so good on him, a real battler.
    They should give up with Mycroft he was plain and or outclassed.
    Our Idyll was ok..the toppie taking it on didnt help but with 62 DS still beat my nonny home.
    Fair day backed a couple of winners mid program, no $200 doubles though.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    edited April 2021

Well done Chris Graham mainly for saving a big serve of egg on my face and horse which i'm sue i wouldn't like. but also doesn't get many winners so good on him, a real battler. 

You are kidding Thunder. He is very fortunate he is riding at all. He should have received a far more serious ban after not trying on Pushin' Shapes.  A real battler you say? He is lucky to get any ride.

Very good effort from Vintage Stock.

thefalcon likes this post.

100% correct, slip.
    mature age apprentice from the UK.....what poor bugger has his papers now?

You are kidding Thunder. He is very fortunate he is riding at all. He should have received a far more serious ban after not trying on Pushin' Shapes.  A real battler you say? He is lucky to get any ride.

Very good effort from Vintage Stock.
    sounds like someone is **** off they got beat by him.YOU wouldn't know whether CG is a good, bad or average bloke so get back in your box you sook...  :))
    Go tell your tales to YOUR mate Peter(the slandering clueless knobjockey)Profit...
  • WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Gee amazing how many times you see the fav who beat that winner of today  easy on line last start best sectional in the race well backed looked good in yard and go like that WA  racing lol.
    edited April 2021
    Actually agree with you here to some degree, with the weight turnaround it makes you wonder how he beats the fave 5 lengths this week..but i think i have also suggested to you it's Gero man anything can and does happen..often.
    I was impressed with Mycroft's win but even at $3 he was too short today and firmed in further late, that was probably the mad cashed up retiree part owners...
  • meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    edited April 2021

Actually agree with you here to some degree, with the weight turnaround it makes you wonder how he beats the fave 5 lengths this week..but i think i have also suggested to you it's Gero man anything can and does happen..often.

I was impressed with Mycroft's win but even at $3 he was too short today and firmed in further late, that was probably the mad cashed up retiree part owners...
    what a load of shite.
    and 3 starts ago Big Shot Paddy beat Mycroft home. 
    give examples where it happens OFTEN. Load of horse shite.
    edited April 2021
    Is that you John? lol 

Exactly so EXAMPLE 1 IS your post..its a load of horse SHITE plus devoid of accuracy, it was 2 starts ago facts are important and BSP got 5 kgs that day...
    So tell me wtf happened last start when still carrying 4 kilos less, Mycroft came from last with 61 kgs and beats Paddy fair and square when wide nearly the whole trip? LOL
    If you think their consistent at Gero? which clearly i interpret your dribble to mean, we shall agree to disagree >:D< and i toned that down to what i was gonna say...

Today Mycroft at level weights gets beaten 7 lengths....floor is yours 
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    Paddy was ridden an absolute treat today, got a perfect sit and outstayed them.
    Best horse on the day won.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

sounds like someone is **** off they got beat by him.YOU wouldn't know whether CG is a good, bad or average bloke so get back in your box you sook...  :))

Not at all and indeed the race was a profitable result for me.

Regarding CG I am judging him on his riding history not his personality.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    TS you are wasting your time trying to put a semblance of knowledge to how thing go up in Geraldton.
    Sectionals, weights, classes blah blah.
    Everyone gets a lick of the ice cream so that the industry remains viable on the cray coast.
    I would love to know the stats on how many favourites get done in country cups around Australia.
    Classic example today in the Terang Cup. Maher Eustice fav at $1.65 fails to run a place.
    The lack of vigour from the jockey (Harry Coffee) was that obvious that he deserves a please explain.

one indiscretion and as far as i know the only one(and likely under instruction too)is hardly a hanging offence imo.

YES Skids, CG rode him a treat i was not upset to see that horse get up.
    come on slip, CG is what you would call a very, very average hoop, what riding history are you talking about?
    how many rides does he get in the smoke?
    having said that, glad to see him score the win...

nice to see the race was profitable for you....another win, gee whizz...
    :-?
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    thefalcon said:

come on slip, CG is what you would call a very, very average hoop, what riding history are you talking about?

how many rides does he get in the smoke?
    having said that, glad to see him score the win...

nice to see the race was profitable for you....another win, gee whizz...
    :-?
    How many reds deep Falcon?

Is that you John? lol 

Exactly so EXAMPLE 1 IS your post..its a load of horse SHITE plus devoid of accuracy, it was 2 starts ago facts are important and BSP got 5 kgs that day...
    So tell me wtf happened last start when still carrying 4 kilos less, Mycroft came from last with 61 kgs and beats Paddy fair and square when wide nearly the whole trip? LOL
    If you think their consistent at Gero? which clearly i interpret your dribble to mean, we shall agree to disagree >:D< and i toned that down to what i was gonna say...

Today Mycroft at level weights gets beaten 7 lengths....floor is yours 

Semantics not your strong suite.

Todays race been run and won hence third run back.

It ridiculous and shallow, BSP has won and run second in the two lead up races to the Cup, maintains his consistent form and wins 3rd run.

Mycroft won or ran second to the same horse then runs average race as favourite and that is a way to shaft Geraldton racing. Pathetic, if it the only place that happens.

Mycroft is a suss stayer, anyone who does his form would know, he was a false favourite. He wont the previous race in a time almost 4 seconds slower after a gem of a ride. today he found out in a stayers racing, race 4 seconds quicker.

if weights and measures that easy there be no losers in the game. Variables of rides etc level that out sometimes.

Say what you like, you a pretender with an opinion.
    thefalcon said:

The ONE ride or should I say Non Ride.
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    Nice win Big Shot Paddy but the result just shows how Mycroft's form fell off a cliff in the space of 10 days. He was disappointing in last year's Cup too.
     @Meatpie suggested Mycroft is a suss stayer who was found out in a faster run race. He did complete a very fast run Ascot 2100m race with 59kg less 2 for K.Witten in 2:10.36.
     He was a last start winner with 61kg over 2125m where the pace was genuine. To suggest dropping to 54kg and coming back to 2100m he was found out due to being a suss stayer I think is a convenient way to explain his flop. 
     I won a little on the race as I thought BSP was overs but I don't think anyone who knows form priced BSP shorter than Mycroft. That's it for me. It's all about just how bad Mycroft went. It happens.

meatpie likes this post.

Rodent said:

Nice win Big Shot Paddy but the result just shows how Mycroft's form fell off a cliff in the space of 10 days. He was disappointing in last year's Cup too.

@Meatpie suggested Mycroft is a suss stayer who was found out in a faster run race. He did complete a very fast run Ascot 2100m race with 59kg less 2 for K.Witten in 2:10.36.
     He was a last start winner with 61kg over 2125m where the pace was genuine. To suggest dropping to 54kg and coming back to 2100m he was found out due to being a suss stayer I think is a convenient way to explain his flop. 
     I won a little on the race as I thought BSP was overs but I don't think anyone who knows form priced BSP shorter than Mycroft. That's it for me. It's all about just how bad Mycroft went. It happens.
    think that a very good summation although I still think Mycroft a doubt at a staying trip.

BSP had a much better prep, whereas Mycroft was managed through a long prep and found out.

wasnt suggesting that BSP should have been shorter in the market than Mycroft given their recent clashes but the $10 difference was a false market.
  • Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Think BSP should nominate for the 3100 down in Albany.. looks like he would get the trip..
    Yep I was on Vintage Crop, standard 2nd but was a good run..
  • RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    Buddy123 said:

Yep I was on Vintage Crop, standard 2nd but was a good run..

Yes it was thrown in at the weights but age catches up with all Melbourne Cup winners.

SLIPPERGOLDEN, Buddy123 likes this post.

edited April 2021
    Easy one word error from Buddy regarding a different class of horse. A clever comment Rodent
    ^^ ditto slip.... =D> rodent...
  • Buddy123Buddy123    208 posts
    Ha.. sorry for the stuff up.. thought the name looked a bit weird..
    Just watched the 93 replay and vintage crop won easy..