G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

Belmont 14/7/21

West Australian Racing
R1- SHE’S A SWEET DEEL was excellent on debut at 1200. Was dropped out early much like in her trials in a race dominated by those on the fence. Was a little green in the straight but hit the line well behind a couple of smart ones. Her recent trial was much the same and she looks better suited out to 1400 and with the winkers on. Drawn to sit out of trouble and make a run down the centre on a wet track with the rail out.

R2- WUHAN WARRIOR won a recent trial with the blinkers on by space when leading. Blinkers went on race day in a field where he looked a certainty to find the breeze but was ridden with no intent and so found himself two pairs back in traffic. From there he finished off well into third with little room to work with in the straight. Drawn the outside here but Paul Harvey goes on and expect they come out humming to find a forward spot and that should prove the difference.

R3- LUKE’S CHOICE has been racing well since being freshened and joining Jarrad Noske. Hit the line okay three back before winning at 1650 two back beating a couple of subsequent winners. Last start stepped out to 2200 for the first time and got stuck three wide no cover the trip and was well beaten. Drops back to 1700 and is down 3.5kg to 53.5 up in grade but has been competitive in this grade before.

R4- ARAGAIN was a massive flop last start when a heavily backed favourite. She has over raced a touch at both starts over a staying trip this prep and think she is best without the blinkers once she gets to a staying trip so with them off expect her to bounce back. Should still take up a forward spot from a wide gate in a very moderate field even by midweek stayers standards and she has gone close in Saturday grade before.

R5- CONVALESCE has recaptured some of the form he showed early in his career. Went forward and led three back when third behind a talented 3yo in Jedi Mind. Was a little underwhelming two back before running another good race when stepped out to 1600 last start. Gets out to 2100 for the first time and may be looking for the extended trip now to find his best. Has been going better from forward spots and looks like he can find one here outside Tactical Ploy.

R6- SUNSPHERE has come back a different horse this campaign. Was a quiet trial before winning a maiden first up at 1400 beating Tena Koutou who has since won three in a line including the listed Aquanita. Second up stepped to 1700 and was a touch unlucky in a handy 3yo 0MWLY before coming back to 1400 when winning impressively in a high rating 58+ a Kalgoorlie. Sticks to 1400 in a race where they should get along up front and allow him to show his turn of foot again.

R7- STELLA FAIR is an interesting move back to 1000m but think it can be a winning one. Was three wide no cover first up in a race that has really held up as a form reference before going to Kalgoorlie rolling to the top and winning very soft. Battled away in a high rating race behind Ghost Who Walks and Cross Statement who both went well in a recent Saturday 3yo race. Like her drawn wide over the Belmont 1000 on a wet track and she can be positioned wherever she’s comfortable.

R8- SPECIAL VIEW was very impressive in his first campaign for the Ballantyne yard. Led first up at 1216 before rolling back to the cutaway in the straight and was still far too good. Stepped straight to 1690 second up with 60kg and was still far too good. His recent trial was encouraging as he went straight when tested in a quick heat. Looks a race he can control from the front if they want to do so and that is never a bad spot.

R9- Best Bet: VITAL FLIRT is really starting to find her feet as a miler. Has been jumping on terms with the field, travelling well in her races and letting loose with a super turn of foot which has seen her win two of her last three. Has been running well from back and on the fence so expect they try and find the fence from seven and with the cutaway they should still find a run. Paul Harvey going on is icing on the cake.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Hoping the track plays ok, if so agree with Train about R9 significantly wet ground should suit Vital Flirt and think this gallooer is likely to be the second leg of a race to race double for Ponty.
    He pilots the handy filly Gunmetal Grey in R8 who resumes, she should also appreciate the conditions.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    Topical multi race 1 and 2

Miss Rona into Wuhan Warrior ;))
    Quite seriously though, with favorite Wuhan Warrior drawn wide I'm willing to take it on with Heavenly Miss at $5. 400m trials don't normally get me in but a near 12L win and C Parnham good enough for me to find out.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    blowed if i can find one today, a bit of value is well hidden.
    ok if you twist my arm..smart princess r8 #8....good run last start....down to a cl3 54. danger of course is patrocity.
    last and second last.... X_X
    Nice finish for @Train . Pain free viewing for favorite backers in the last
    good pickings train... :-bd
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    How well is David Harrison going over the last 18 months.

oldhendo likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,025 posts
    I might have to ban myself from betting on heavy tracks. I was woeful yesterday. It's a humbling game.