G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

Belmont 18/8/21

West Australian Racing
R1- THE INVISIBLE MAN fought hard to go down by a lip last start. Worked hard to cross from a wide gate over 1200 and wobbled a little bit around the bend. Put in a very similar run on debut over 1000m when drawn wide with a cutaway in play. Finally draws a gate for his third up run back to 1000m on a track without a cutaway. Should again bounce straight to the top and gets his best chance yet to salute.

R2- PRINCE RAGNAR is a well related debutant on debut against the older horses. His two trials in February were encouraging but his recent trial victory beating a Saturday 3yo winner and runner up was great and made to look even better through the form. He jumped well, led and found something in that trial but looks like he has a sharp turn of foot at his disposal if he’s ridden with a sit. Gets an opportunity to be ridden that way here and he shouldn’t be too far off them from barrier three.

R3- THE LADY IS A VAMP was a little disappointing on face value first up when a well supported $2.5 favourite. Ran seventh but was only beaten 2L down the Pinjarra straight and came again near the line after looking lost for a good portion of the race. Gets back around a bend here and drawn to lead she may improve big time with a rail to hug. Some of her early season 2yo runs were phenomenal and her 400m jump outs this prep were solid. Could pay to be forgiving.

R4- MONG KONG is first up no trial in a race without any speed. He has run some of his races from the front in the past so expect him to take it up on the fresh side and that could be the key to the race. Split Blow Me Out and Mystery Man first up last prep and two back was close up behind Tradem’ In, Al Mahalo and Vital Flirt at 1600. That is more than good enough to be winning a race like this and won’t receive any bad luck from the front of the field.

R5- AGENT KENSINGTON took 15 starts to break his maiden but the way he’s been going this prep looks like he can go on with it. Split subsequent winners Pepper Assault and Somethingready first up before getting a gun run and bolting in last start. Beat Tiny’N’Tuff and Rulelee who go around earlier so the form could look even better by jump time. Should get a similar run here in the second pair and always promised to win races.

R6- NOBELLITY has been improving with every appearance for Mike Santich. Trialled up okay before being slow out first up at Northam over 1000m. Found traffic in the straight but finished off hard Pepper Assault. Raced in 60+ grade last start when beaten by a class mare in Wilchino but finished about a length off Express Time in fourth. That is brilliant form coming back into a fillies and mares class one. Looks suited up to 1200 in a race where she should fly straight into the breeze.

R7- Best Bet: ZAC LUVS TO FLY has found some serious form in the last couple of months. Split Gold Merits and Crescent City in a high rating maiden. Won his maiden in dominant fashion. Finished Behind Ginger Baker twice and last start ran third in a high rating class five that has already produced two winners when wide throughout. Comes back to a class three here in a race where he should fire straight to the breeze.

R8- AXEL ‘R’ EIGHT is a hard horse to trust but his best would blow these away. Trialled fairly before finding in the last 100m to get close first up over an unsuitable mile trip. Gets straight to 2100 second up in what should be a very genuinely run staying event. He needs a decent tempo and think he’ll go better being able to sit just off one being set for him. Looks to get a soft fence run from three and will just need to hope he isn’t shuffled too far back.

R9- SUPER TEROITOA was being tested out in trip and looked to find 16-1700 a little too far. Comes back to 1300 here and although drawn the outside should be able to follow the other speed horses across either to the breeze or down to the fence himself. Prior to his last two had been racing very consistently over this sort of trip without being able to take up an on speed position. Back in trip, back to basics, back into the winners circle (hopefully).
+1 -1

Tucool, SunnyBoy likes this post.

Comments

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Welcome Back
    Train how’s was Broome ?

thefalcon likes this post.

• ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    Story Book with a decent ride should win  :)>- Lady is a Vamp can get stuffed, is in my Cat book  Killed my account when backed at $1.50 last start was putrid! Never again  :-w
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    nice to see you back, train... :-j
    the meeting looks shite  to the falcon...i'll stay in my eerie.
    wrong emoji..... :-c
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    For the reasons you have stated that Prince Ragnar can win race 2. I have backed Finest Clobber to beat the fav in the first. Very nice trial against Ragnar 3 weeks ago.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    jum said:

For the reasons you have stated that Prince Ragnar can win race 2. I have backed Finest Clobber to beat the fav in the first. Very nice trial against Ragnar 3 weeks ago.

$3.60 into $2.35  :-B
  • BazmaceBazmace    31 posts
    Hi guys, longtime lurker first time poster.

Thought I’d drop a couple of ew bets down for later in the card.

R7 Call Again - I think should improve today after a difficult ride first up where it was camped 3/4 wide for a large part and still managed 4th. Paul Harvey replacing Lisa Staples is a massive plus.

Also like Surf Point in the race after. Finished 4th behind the Fav Buster Bash last time out. Gets a 2kg weight swing today with Madi Derrick on board. Little query over the distance but at $18 and 4.50 it’s worth a go.

Cheers

Thunderstruck, jum, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited August 2021
    Agent Kensington, LIFTED IT the Pontiff!!

hash likes this post.

welcome aboard Bazmace, hope you kick off with a few winners....they are good picks..

Thunderstruck, jum, Bazmace likes this post.

And ditto Chris Parnham on Smashing Lift 'em boys.

hash likes this post.

edited August 2021
    Reckon Celebrity Witness can run a race again up against a few budding journey horses again, hopefully doesn't lead this time from the good gate.
  • YankeeYankee    299 posts
    Be fair they will have to let Pikey get one soon!

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Ill have a stab at the last two races

Juliette Race 7

Thrilled Race 8
    They just did mate..a pretty simple 122 buck trifecta there also.
    H-BOMBER said:

Juliette Race 8

Thrilled Race 9
    i really wanna back Axel, the worry is 2nd up can he stick on the last 100...
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

H-BOMBER said:

i really wanna back Axel, the worry is 2nd up can he stick on the last 100...
    Yes it can  <:-P

Yankee, Thunderstruck likes this post.

Onya Mitch, peachy ride  :x

jum, Yankee likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Juliette Race 7

Thrilled Race 8

Think I'll stick to golf
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    I was fortunate to meet the great @Train

jum, Manchild likes this post.

Train
    Didn’t get a xxxx in Broome but
    Lol
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Chris said:

I was fortunate to meet the great @Train

Are you saying Train is not Scott Embry :-S
    geez, i know him well....broome gave it away.
    Train
    Is not
    Scott Embry
    You Clowns
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited August 2021
    Have Train and Scott Embry been seen in the same place at the same time?  :O)

Manchild likes this post.

no wonder train didn't get a xxxx in broome.....they don't sell it, sell mainly swan and emu.. :-\"