G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 14 Non Members

Cox Plate day 2021.

East Coast Racing
ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,692 posts
edited October 2021 East Coast Racing
Love the race, the track on the other hand is a graveyard thankfully most of the time in this contest the genuine star gallopers run up to form and best of them win.

Who wins this year? i had Zaaki over the line 9 days ago does he deserve a pass/forgive on the Caulfield run when "only" 3rd, it was far from rubbish but he just didnt win looked a little flat, i actually didnt think he was super impressive at 1800 on the same track either.Mentioned it once before he may actually be a bit better clockwise but definitely can't be dismissed if he is on song, JMAC going on is helpful and speed on will suit him too.

Anamoe is very very good just don't know if he will be strong at the end,.into 3.80 now geez not sure he is a bet at those odds...can win and 49.5 advantages the good ones every so often.

Verry Elleegant lost some gloss too(probably more than Zaaki)and i have a slight query on her at The Valley anyway.Love her with a passion as a horse and she has been a gun for years here, am not sure i could be with her in this field at this track.Those factors and considering the Turnbull run when beaten clearly plus no Jmac hurts her chances a lot imo i'm not quite D.Lane's no 1 fan, in all a lot of negatives so i have written her off almost completely .

I reckon Mo'unga is over the odds saw as much as $29 boosted that's a big price.e.g Captivant is 4 points shorter WTF is with that.

Haven't checked the weather forecast, hope it's dry or just into the soft at worst.Will make up my mind later in the week or Saturday though i must have a little dip at Mo'unga. 29 dollars is good value for a twice group 1 winner(once at the trip)and a big run ensued when half butchered in the Epsom 3 weeks ago.Goes fine the Melbourne way and will get his preferred race shape, speed on!

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,692 posts
    Might also add If Forgot You was to get a run(possible but i'm not sure of all those in the likely fieild)then the gap $51 for him to Anamoe at 3.80 is far too wide at this trip.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,802 posts
    Cox plate Trainer going crook---Horse  Keiai Nautique never got a run has  not won a race since may 2018.----But having a look  Theres a current embargo on  runner Gold  Trip (fr) on 8th OCT. Not to race until (vet certificate) clearance lame R/F R/H.--
     No mention of that taking place---on Racing Australia unless someone hasn't followed up. or you can issue vet certificate after acceptances .in a 5 mil. race  with a chance someone missing out if it fails the vet., or someone hasn't dated the removal of the Embargo for Racing Australia  its not a bong-bong- maiden
    edited October 2021
    Every horse in field has  Status---"Active''--- bar Gold Trip  Status  as "Pending"  hope  someone twigs before raceday. 9.22am E.S.T.  Tues 19th Oct. acceptance time probably somethink do with over 450 horses on your books.
    edited October 2021
    Agree on the Japanese import it looks average, no way it should have obtained a run..only 10 runners bit skinny really but decent quality.
    Unsure what is going on with Gold Trip assume it has been vetted(due to them now paying an expensive acceptance fee)and they haven't updated the lame isssue or there is a proviso somehow really don't know or care that much, Maher and Eustace train it i believe?

Hope they still run along in it, Gold Trip may be an on pacer though not sure..
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,762 posts
    edited October 2021
    Yes Thunder Gold Trip normally sits on pace and has won on the tight turns at Lyon. Has also gone okay ridden from midfield and near rear
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    I'm sticking with The Richards stable and backing Probabeel.

Just like Entriviere in The Invitation, she's been set for this.

thefalcon likes this post.

An average Cox Plate field gives State of Rest a massive chance. Won only 10,500 for a placing at the Curragh before winning the Saratoga Derby Invitation and 700,000. No go on a heavy track and careful on soft
    Gold Trip still lame  R/F-& R/H. 21/10/ ------ As he was on 8th OCT.  To  be Rexamined  22/10.  Call Sign Mav. showing lameness as well. to also  be  rexamined' 22/10.

Gold Trip still lame  R/F-& R/H. 21/10/ ------ As he was on 8th OCT.  To  be Rexamined  22/10.  Call Sign Mav. showing lameness as well. to also  be  rexamined' 22/10.

AND he is out...wasted their money on fees..unless the MRC or whoever decide to refund some $$

Cox plate Trainer going crook---Horse  Keiai Nautique never got a run has  not won a race since may 2018.----But having a look  Theres a current embargo on  runner Gold  Trip (fr) on 8th OCT. Not to race until (vet certificate) clearance lame R/F R/H.--

No mention of that taking place---on Racing Australia unless someone hasn't followed up. or you can issue vet certificate after acceptances .in a 5 mil. race  with a chance someone missing out if it fails the vet., or someone hasn't dated the removal of the Embargo for Racing Australia  its not a bong-bong- maiden
    What a shamozzle  ---- Looking at the Japanese horses three runs in Australia  he ran the fastest last 400m in Makybe Diva group1 quicker then  winner Incentivise - Mounga  was 2nd. after his  firstup run in Australia  which he ran 4th to Mounga &- Very Eleegant  beaten 0.37L on the flip side he hadn't won in over 3 years

.Brave committee to pull him out  K.N. based on 3 starts in Australia with a new trainer, when  12 horses  could run ---they only allowed 10 to accept.-- including one that had failed the vet oct 8.with his current status being  prior to acceptances time showing current lame  so the last two days 6 different vets  have been unanimous  in calling him lame  Gold Trip---Oliver was  prepared to ride him.--Trainer said he was only mildly lame.over hindquarters.

Maher& Eustace have had terrible week watching what has unfolded  with three of there stars Sir Dragonet (dec) &,Explosive Jack went lengths below his best in C Cup hoping he just pinched his nuts when he  got buffeted other wise my M.C,ticket is confetti--Now  along with  Gold Trip- the three  would  have rated in there top 10 horses at 1600m plus   of  503 horses in the stable 
    Awful week for them and seem pretty likeable blokes though under a fair bit of pressure with a massive team of horses., not quite full redemption but 3 winners in 30 minutes should help a bit for team morale.
  • PCPC    2,201 posts
    Apparently Zaaki is out of Cox Plate
    I see  Annabel has a $2.1m colt suiting up in the first Nobel, Fung Family Rcing are the cashed up cats who own it.
    Nice run he finished off great, will be winning next time up in trip.36K back into the Fung kick :D
    Floating Artist crucified again and a MC run goes down ze schitter.

detonator likes this post.

Turns out the overs were worth phuckall :-q :-q
  • PCPC    2,201 posts
    State Of Rest wins the Cox Plate after the protest was dismissed. But we can only wonder what the result was if Gold Trip and Zaaki were in the race. Go and look at the form of State Of Rest...its Timeform rating was 116 going into the Cox Plate...that 116 was achieved in a weak G1 in the USA. The horse is a Listed/Group 3 horse in Europe. Time lots of people woke up and realised the state of Australian racing at 1600m+. Would State Of Rest have won a Cox Plate in the 1990s....no way...not even in the early to mid-2000s. Anyway well done State Of Rest and well done to trainer Joseph O'Brien. Good ride by Johnny Allen too.
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Apologies TS. I put the KISS OF DEATH on him. :-q
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Protest result certainly was 50/50.
    The style of protest reminded me of one of Northerly’s Cox wins where Ollie was on one rein to keep him off the other one. Just to straighten him up.
    John Allen went hands and heels after the brush so maybe that went in his favour ?
    PC said:

State Of Rest wins the Cox Plate after the protest was dismissed. But we can only wonder what the result was if Gold Trip and Zaaki were in the race. Go and look at the form of State Of Rest...its Timeform rating was 116 going into the Cox Plate...that 116 was achieved in a weak G1 in the USA. The horse is a Listed/Group 3 horse in Europe. Time lots of people woke up and realised the state of Australian racing at 1600m+. Would State Of Rest have won a Cox Plate in the 1990s....no way...not even in the early to mid-2000s. Anyway well done State Of Rest and well done to trainer Joseph O'Brien. Good ride by Johnny Allen too.

obviously bugs you greatly, maybe there are better/more active forums to bang on about this mate seriously..the same tune for me at least is getting repetitous at best and fuckingannoying at worst.
    I was cheering HARD the import got done on protest sadly not to be....
    detonator said:

detonator said:

Protest result certainly was 50/50.

The style of protest reminded me of one of Northerly’s Cox wins where Ollie was on one rein to keep him off the other one. Just to straighten him up.
    John Allen went hands and heels after the brush so maybe that went in his favour ?
    50/50 but if a 130K race upheld imo.Touch and go although i didnt overanlyse it after mine went titsup late.Cheered the local only because i'm anti imports personally.
    PS..phuckup Willo you talk too much, surely your misses says the same thing A LOT.

Manchild likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    PC said:

That shows virtually no knowledge of what actually has happened.  The winner a 3yo is obviously a very progressive horse who put what was actually a very competitive field in the US to the sword. He was clearly on the upward spiral and will no doubt be a player next year at Ascot.  Even Frankel would have been rated 116 at one point, to say that’s the true reflection of the horse is folly.  And the Aus bred horse went toe to toe and anyone would say they are basically on a par with Anamoe 6 months his junior.  

hash, jum likes this post.

• tonytony    2,373 posts
    Also remember the winner was by Starspangledbanner.

He had only 2 starts as a 3yo before today, a third in a listed race at the curragh then winning the grade 1 in the US.

An average Cox Plate field gives State of Rest a massive chance. 

A healthy result for me on the winner but I thought the protest should have been upheld. Happy it wasn't.

hash likes this post.

• PCPC    2,201 posts
    State Of Rest - Timeform rating of 123 for winning the Cox Plate. Jonker - Timeform rating of 116 for winning the Manikato Stakes.

https://www.racingandsports.com/news/timeform/timeform-news/2021-10-25/timeform-recap-2021-cox-plate/562954
  • PCPC    2,201 posts
    2021 Cox Plate Timeform Ratings

1st: State Of Rest - 123

2nd: Anamoe - 120

3rd: Verry Elleegant: 114

4th: Mo'Unga - 112

5th: Probabeel - 101

6th: Dalasan - 102

7th: Callsign Mav - 90

8th: Captivant - 88
    I pay little heed to these but htf does VE rate 9 points lower when the winner got a perfect run taking the shortcut while she went via the Cape coursing deep and beaten only a length...

jum likes this post.

• careycarey    6,369 posts

PC said:

you talk about timeform a lot, so here is simon rowlands once a big wig at timeform.....,,

https://www.attheraces.com/blogs/simon-rowlands's-guide-to-handicapping/01-April-2020/the-basic-theory-around-creating-handicap-ratings

... you might learn something.....or maybe not...it's in 4 parts
    what you should do, is read....and critique.....and then....say good...or otherwise.
    but before you judge, you need to UNDERSTAND....that's the main thing...otherwise numbers are just things with no meaning.
    My own opinion(and it's only opinion), is that those cox plate numbers are nonsense.
  • carey said:

PC said:

you talk about timeform a lot, so here is simon rowlands once a big wig at timeform.....,,

https://www.attheraces.com/blogs/simon-rowlands's-guide-to-handicapping/01-April-2020/the-basic-theory-around-creating-handicap-ratings

... you might learn something.....or maybe not...it's in 4 parts
    what you should do, is read....and critique.....and then....say good...or otherwise.
    but before you judge, you need to UNDERSTAND....that's the main thing...otherwise numbers are just things with no meaning.
    My own opinion(and it's only opinion), is that those cox plate numbers are nonsense.
    The greatest skew off all assessment is margin. It’s the downfall of nearly all statistical modelling. Usually grossly overrated