G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members
R1- LAGUNA MISS looks a fast 2yo. Early speed is a major factor in 2yo racing as they generally go much better when able to follow the fence. Has had the two 400m trials, the first without blinkers when jumping cleanly and matching motors with initial plate winner Pot Shot. In the second, she had blinkers on when launching out the gates and cruising down to the line in slick time. Suspect Instructions will be to burn to the fence and looks like she can give a kick into the turn.

R2- CASTILLO DEL LAGO hasn’t quite raced to the ability he’s shown but this looks the right type of race for him. Sat wide with the apprentice on over a brutal tempo first up and faded, circled from back and wide second up when third behind Big Screen then placed behind Big Screen again in a high rating class three. Gets to 1500, draws to get a soft run close to the speed and drops weight coming into a WestSpeed 58+.

R3- SPEED DREAM was excellent last start when first up no trial. Sat midfield over 1200 and showed a good turn of foot to beat all bar Secret Plan with 2L back to third. Prior to a spell he was placed 3/3 in Saturday 3yo races behind Timely Outburst, Real Charisma and Nobel Laurence. Looks like he is now searching for 1600 so although it is a minor concern that he is 1200 to 1600 second up, willing to trust the horse. Should get a soft run one out two back and charge late.

R4- AXEL ‘R’ EIGHT is hard to trust but is pretty talented. Was almost two months between runs last start after some niggles saw him scratched a few times and went around a well supported $3 favourite but did nought. Is only two weeks between runs here and reunites with Mitch Pateman up to a staying trip. Two back over the extended trip won easy in a huge figure. Leads from one, rolls and at his best wouldn’t get caught.

R5- TESTING LOVE looked the best of Bob’s autumn 3yo crop but didn’t look like an Oaks type and never made it. Resumed with the Durrant yard and was a super trial before being completely luckless first up. Went to Geraldton second up and was taken back to last and found traffic again but picked up really well late to overcome it and grab Startrade who is a nice enough horse. Doesn’t have to get as far back here from five and should appreciate what looks like being a fast speed.

R6- SECRET PLAN looks the real deal this prep off the back of the massive first up win. Trialled absolutely super for his return when smashed in betting. Was four deep with cover bolting on the turn and when let go dispensed with them and won eased down by more than 2L. Likely ends up last here from ten but looks like he could measure up in a Winterbottom which would require him to win here. Sit back and watch the show.

R7- WILCHINO has won five of her last six with her only failure coming when seeming to not handle the Pinjarra Straight. Questions could be raised of the quality of what she’s beaten but she has consistently produced seriously good figures to suggest she’ll make it in better grade. Sat three deep no cover with 60kg last start and was still able to win quite nicely. Comes out running and should cross, from there she’ll fly along and make them work to catch her.

R8- IT’SARAYDAY looks an exciting prospect for the Summer Carnival regardless of what directions he heads. Bolted in on debut as a 2yo off the back of some nice trials and immediately given a short break. Made Spritely Star look second rate in a recent trial and that mare has bolted in twice to start her campaign. First up in a weak class one he blew the start, almost got put through the rail and still bolted in. Should only improve off that and looks like getting a perfect run midfield with cover from a middle draw.

R9- Best Bet: COMFORT ME was a revelation last prep and trialled even better this time in. Was unlucky not to win his first three last prep when narrowly beaten first up when four deep no cover before sitting three deep no cover and beating Sheza Chalmer and Bright Diamond. His first up run this prep with 61kg was excellent when stuck behind tiring leaders and picking late to photo third. Drops 3kg into a grade he’s won in previously and gets to his pet trip.
+1 -1

Thunderstruck, detonator, Tucool likes this post.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Got 3 races into the preview then got steered into some crypto action AND cloud security solutions, f me we have all the bases covered here lads  :D

Manchild likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Some value for me

Universal Pleasure
    Femme Fatale
    Creator

Out of his depth but i've still had a spec King's Authority..Lucky could get a 3 wide trail as they will go lickety split up front on a drying track, if gets this cover he is a fluker's hope of figuring in the finish, plus i was on last time so he owe's me nothing.

Agree It'sarayday can win again, i loved his sire who was a speed machine/freakish sprinter.
    Ex Sport man is a big price? though the trials haven't been eyecatchers they did go 55.7 in the latest one..could run a race the Karrakatta winner.
    He really has become king of the 2yos Dion Luciani

Manchild likes this post.

Universal Pleasure :((
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

He really has become king of the 2yos Dion Luciani

I hope you’re only referring to the 2021/22 season
    Should have said "early 2yos"
    Yes but still this season lol
    I think S.Miller would have a thing to say about your claim :-?
    Paul Jordon, D.Harrison etc etc
    C Parnham giving Pikey the "bird" today..A 5peat from 8 races =D>

Thought It'sarayday was good off a wide run, can turn the tables on the winner when they meet again.

hash likes this post.

• psychopsycho    653 posts

C Parnham giving Pikey the "bird" today..A 5peat from 8 races =D>

Thought It'sarayday was good off a wide run, can turn the tables on the winner when they meet again.
    As they go "out" in distance Searchin' Rocs will only get better, whilst It'sarayday was good I cannot see it matching Rocs when they get to 1400m +

Vincent_vega likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Magical Dreams stats....3 from 3 first up before yesterday ..now 4 from 4.
    Track now 4 from 6
    Distance now 3 from 3

$8 was well overs ....first up form rarely tells lies

hash likes this post.

• GrayGray    4,090 posts
    Can I just say Sky active does my head in, unreliable garbage, commentators turn up willy nilly if at all and outside run standard def if not worse
  • GrayGray    4,090 posts
    Gray said:

Can I just say Sky active does my head in, unreliable garbage, commentators turn up willy nilly if at all and outside run standard def if not worse

Gray said: