G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 15 Non Members

Law Of Indices.

The Blackbook
Annabel Neasham trained import who had his first start in no less than the Golden Eagle Saturday 9 days ago.Monster run when planted deep the trip only got beat 1.75L and in quick time(actually prefers Soft ground too), unfortunately the juicy odds wont be on offer again but this galloper will win good races here based on that fantastic debut.

Might not see him til the autumn now.

Meanwhile watch out this Saturday for one i've mentioned once before, Top Ranked he is another good import she has acquired.
Reportedly training the house down and nommed for the feature race The Hunter at Newcastle this Saturday, is a better horse than Zaaki on just their European form so we will see if he adapts early on, she seems to get most of them firing straight away so far anyway.
+1 -1

jum likes this post.

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Resumes Sat at Rosehill in a 1200m stakes race.The stable have set the bar very high for this prep including maybe the Donny or QE11 dependent on results, will contest the George Ryder up against the top gallopers including one or two of hers.

I reckon Annabel thinks this horse could potentially be as good as Zaaki.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    4 wide in the golden eagle thanks for comin?
    was absolutely enormous... 
    probably a big ask Saturday first up from barrier 12... will definitely be following though. 

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Doubt this horse loves heavy ground so the jury is out as to his level? But he was pretty good on speed last Saturday i thought, stuck on well and left an epsom winner Private Eye in his wake and whom loves the heavy.
    Definitely can win a good race but will he get suitable conditions....
    Hasn't had much luck, what with bog tracks a fair few bad barriers etc so whilst I have not been backing him I have kept an eye on him..hasn't been bad at any stage imo so haven't sacked.

Stradbroke time and whilst not exactly well in with 56.5 it sort of highlights the quality, a lack of genuine group 1 horses..Private Eye has won 1 I think and Apache Chase just the other day notched his first and yet has a kilo less.
    Jmac will hopefully start from just outside the middle of this big field in gate 10 or 11 on Saturday and with more speed on(they didnt go that quick last time out and he had little hope from dead last)I expect him to run very well..is it a big ask to win? maybe but I think this race suits, reminds me a bit of the Golden Eagle but may get cover in this which will be a boost to his chances obviously.

Also reckon there will be a queue of horses right in the finish again something that occurs fairly often.
    Dunno how the subject runner will go today probably no good especially on a potential bog now(and has had a few fails also)but the other one i mentioned in the first post looks a massive chance in the Epsom next month...

Top Ranked, he made light work of the 59.5 winning very well first up today on a soft 7.
    edited September 2022
    Form this year reads on paper at least somewhat poor with just the one placing and while his races suggest he probably gets through the mud quite ok i don't think he loves it and he has struck heavy ground 6 times in 9 runs.
    For any of the perceived flops he has probably had legitimate excuses too eg was wide the trip in the Stradbroke and the preceding run in brissy and was also lame one day at Randwick.
    Latest 4th last Saturday was good carrying equal topweight and he was a few horses infield of the winner and runner up...highlighting I guess that pretty wet is ok for him, is he a horse that will he always find one or two better? Fair point and maybe that is the case however,,,

Has 54.5 in the Epsom and with better than $26 available all in I'm seriously considering having a bet and to do so soon after getting smoked on Showmanship(he still only got beat a tick over 4L FMD).
    I would be hoping for or prefer a soft 6/7 which is probably his absolute sweet spot but the weather in raincity will be another risk what's new there..

Long spiel nothing new lol have nearly talked myself into it and i have the insurance at Sportsbet in case he doesn't front up on the day..a better price is on offer at Ladbrokes however.

Top Ranked has 55.5 and is a great chance but the last price I saw for him was $6..bit too short.
    Enormous today, will get some luck fall all together one day, decent gate today and he wins.
    edited February 2023
    I'm bored so am gonna just humour myself if no-one else :D
    As a blackbooker he is a total fail as in 12 starts has placed just 4 times and 0 wins..thats undisputed, however.....

My questions are.
    Is this horse the best galloper in Aus to have not won a race - YES
    Is this horse the unluckiest galloper in Aus - again YES.

13 starts here barrier draws as follows:
    16/18
    11/11
    4*
    8/9*
    4*
    2*
    16/16
    10/18
    4*
    14/15
    3*
    10/11
    9/9 his most recent run and was huge again @Sha Tin, ran the best miler in the world probably to a length and off a wide run in 1.33.4.

Wont bother with commentary on each start but he has had bad luck nearly every time.The * denotes a heavy track which is not preferred by him(goes ok in it)and stuff me these 5 times he drew well were all on heavy as ground.

AND this Saturday has drawn 10/12 in the Apollo!! If Annabel drops an f bomb pre race she would be forgiven for sure.

I'm gonna search for place boosts anywhere and back him to run a drum on the weekend.Anamoe is the dominant fav fair enough and Mo'unga who I always like has trialled like a bomb(better than usual)but i'd argue this horse is the second best horse in that race.

Atm I've only seen tabtouch odds of 17/3.80, the other peahearts will be similar if not identical.

I am also going to have a decent crack at a 3 to 4 horse multi with Anamoe as 1 leg of it to win, but I'll also be having another with LOI to place for a fat divvy should all the legs salute.
    Looked to have every chance today idk about being on pace though..may remain a permanent enigma.