G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

Comments

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,883 posts
    edited September 2022
    Stick to rubbishing WA Harness Racing Marko that is where you excel.

I do agree that Degoey was outstanding.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,975 posts

Stick to rubbishing WA Harness Racing Marko that is where you excel.

No incorrect - i rubbish Gloucester Park not WA Harness 

And im in good knowledgeable company - alah the Professional body BOTRA 

Where as you wasnt to keep an 800 metre track  - dear oh dear oh oh me 
  • Marko Brayshaw had 32 possessions ans 8 tackles, bitterly disappointing????

If you actually break down his metrics, he was disappointing, his game had minimal impact. (I’m actually big fan of his, smart player)

Brayshaw 32 touches, 3 clearances, 3 inside 50’s 4 score involvements.

DeGoey 24 touches, 6 clearances, 8 inside 50’s,
    12 score involvements.

There’s also numbers within those numbers I won’t bore you with, it was a very disappointing 32 touch game. But he wasn’t alone

Markovina, RIO likes this post.

Coll had DeGoey - also Jack Crisp and Scott Pendlebury very good in the midfield 

And the Lions had Jarrod Berry - after h/time in the centre or midfield - and he was excellent - instrumental in them getting the win 

Your eyes tell you that - not some padded stats sheet 
  • oldhendooldhendo    774 posts
    I had a little chuckle this morning on turning the Harvey Norman Waste Australian to the back page and there was the Queen holding a football with a puzzled, bemused look on her face, i thought straight away that she would fit in very well at the West Coast Eagles.

=)) =)) =))
  • detonatordetonator    4,375 posts
    oldhendo said:

I had a little chuckle this morning on turning the Harvey Norman Waste Australian to the back page and there was the Queen holding a football with a puzzled, bemused look on her face, i thought straight away that she would fit in very well at the West Coast Eagles.

=)) =)) =))
    She was thinking how the hell did Dom Sheed get that funny shaped ball through the big sticks from that impossible angle ???? =)) =)) =))
  • spinkingspinking    3,804 posts
    Best comeback of the season Deto

savethegame likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,696 posts
    Yep would agree not bad at all LOL.

Marko Brayshaw had 32 possessions ans 8 tackles, bitterly disappointing????

If you actually break down his metrics, he was disappointing, his game had minimal impact. (I’m actually big fan of his, smart player)

Brayshaw 32 touches, 3 clearances, 3 inside 50’s 4 score involvements.

DeGoey 24 touches, 6 clearances, 8 inside 50’s,
    12 score involvements.

There’s also numbers within those numbers I won’t bore you with, it was a very disappointing 32 touch game. But he wasn’t alone

See - i try to be  a fair poster - unfortunately there are 3-4 on this board who sweat on other peoples posts and try to rubbish them - and prove that they are correct at every opportunity - well im not interested in that - i just give my view

So to be perfectly fair - here are the coaches votes for Sat final - re the Gary Ayres medal - best player in the finals series 

10 J  DeGoey

8 J Crisp 

3 J Howe

3 S Pendlebury

2 C Serong

1 A Brayshaw

Now i posted that Brayshaw was bitterly dissappointing - you said he was very dissappointing  - where as Chariots said he good with the 32 poss

So one of the coaches quite liked Brayshaws game - personally ( and not knowing the stats ) i would have had Cox Noble and Daicos ahead of him - and for Freo i thought David Mundy played better than him
    My 2c....

Go the Swans(all the way) :D
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    To be honest Marko i can never tell who the biggest dipstick is on here. I pride myself on having a damn good crack at the title. As being called a dipstick, by people who over value their views is one of the funniest things i ever see on Social Media pages.

So to see you and others debating an opinion is VERY good/funny reading. I personally believe its the main reason i am on this and other similar sites.

The only thing missing is sooky lala FreoDockers on here with a list of excuses why Flagmantle didn't happen........ again, for the 27th year....hahaha

Oh and my 2 bobs worth..Brayshaw had very little impact on the ground/game when it was needed.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,793 posts
    RIO said:

To be honest Marko i can never tell who the biggest dipstick is on here. I pride myself on having a damn good crack at the title. As being called a dipstick, by people who over value their views is one of the funniest things i ever see on Social Media pages.

So to see you and others debating an opinion is VERY good/funny reading. I personally believe its the main reason i am on this and other similar sites.

The only thing missing is sooky lala FreoDockers on here with a list of excuses why Flagmantle didn't happen........ again, for the 27th year....hahaha

Oh and my 2 bobs worth..Brayshaw had very little impact on the ground/game when it was needed.

Didn't happen because they (we, long suffering paid up season ticket holder) are still a fairly long way off.

Need some natural goal scorers recruited or an attacking minded coach brought in to the group.

The guys forward of the ball outside of Walters and now maybe Amiss aren't naturals around goal, work hard but that's just it every goal is hard work.

As for Brayshaw, think that knee knock early took a but out of him-would like to see his Kms covered vs his average over the year. Still had a crack though.

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    90,000 people.. 1st Finals for this squad + what you wrote.

It was a great year to build on. They really just need to play 4 quarters and they will be in the finals for many years. An they do that regularly.

This next season is their biggest test. Due to where they finish they will play all this years top 8 teams twice. If they can match this years games won, then 2024 and onward's will be their best opportunity to get that elusive GF opportunity.

IF you get Jackson he may well be the missing link....however you now need 2 big bodied midfielders to replace Mundy and Fyfe. Fyfe just cant be the player he was and even though your midfield is doing well without hm, the retirement of Mundy takes away that elite big bodied ball winner/distributor that the best teams need.

Brayshaw played ok, he just didn't have the impact he has been having for the past 2 seasons, and the week before..

It should be a good period ahead for all their supporters.. Enjoy it. An i hope the club has things in place that keep them up in the finals race for a long time. That's the one thing that makes fans of Collingwood, Eagles, Richmond, Sydney and Geelong so unbearable at times
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,793 posts
    Personally I think we may go backwards a bit before we go forwards.

Amiss will need a few seasons but have strong belief in him.

Plenty of talented Mids untested yet, they will need to get to that 50 plus game mark.

It was just a pleasant experience to go to games or put the TV on and know we were a good chance of winning.

RIO likes this post.

Disappointed to see Willie wants out of the Eagles. We propped him up thru those difficult years to where he is now to be able to command a decent contract from Port. 
    Trevor Nesbit was strong in his statement saying he was bitterly disappointed. I totally agree.
    Play hard on this one Eagles.

Eagles still a sniff on Luke Jackson apparently ??[-O<
    And for all those ready to say he is not worth it based on this years finals appearances….he is still only 20 years of age.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,883 posts
    Trade time and Dockers have three considering their options:
    Acres a pretty good year on top of some ordinary ones - coaches stood by him - my issue with him is that when he takes a mark the game stops while he considers what is ahead - seems terrified that he may turn the ball over
    Lobb has been touting a move for some time but is anyone prepared to pay the asking price?
    Logue the questionable one as he is not really needed in the back line but can be a makeshift forward. Roos offer may be too big for Dockers to match for a swing man.
    Surnames initials are ALL and all may go and all are managed by the King Mercenary Manager in Colin Young who is a master at lining his own pockets.

Jackson - He had what I would call a Gap Year but as Deto rightly points out is only 20 and won't realise his full potential for another 3-4 years if he keeps progressing. Negotiations will be on a knife edge both for payment and trade conditions.

Junior Rioli situation is a disgrace and given his output this season let him go and get what you can but I fear it will not be a lot.

RIO likes this post.

If i was Eagles or Dockers i wouldnt be interested in Jackson at all - even though he is only 20 

Had a very average 2022 - Demons were crying out for a CHF ( Tom  McDonald  injured ) and FF - Ben Brown -- what an inconsistent spud .  The Melb forward line was their massive  problem  spot - so if Jackson looked likely they would have played him their at either CHF or FF 

Dockers have been burnt big time in draft picks with key position players wanting to return home - Hogan McCarthy . With Lobb - he is frustrating - he hasnt been a bust - but in my opinion he could be so much better - a bit like what Graham Farmer re his opinion on Rex Hunt as player  re CHF - because he coached him for a few years - but im not saying what Polly said about Hunt

The Dockers have got a few exciting players -Amiss- how he moves he could  be anything - hypothetically all the 17 other clubs would be lining up to get him if he became available 

I think the Dockers are still 2-3 good players off a flag winning team - and Mundy will be a big loss - because he was playing really  well - Geelong might take the pisss and put him on a 1 year deal - hah
    Agree with the Acres stop and look before deciding his next move. Is that game plan or looking after his efficiency stats ?
    Reckon Logue needs a change of scenery. What is his position ? Hybrid forward ? Swingman ?
    Listening to a different voice and or game plan may bring out his best.
    Reckon the BOOOO Coasters will be in full voice when Junior comes to town next year. I am warming up the tonsils already.:))

Gilgamesh, Manchild likes this post.

Freodockers not much input since the weekend. Hope he is ok

oldhendo, detonator, RIO likes this post.

Gutsy effort Oldhendo.  =D>

Manchild, oldhendo likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Gutsy to make the finals let alone get this far.

Rather ironic they go out with a less than 1 goal defeat, when they won so many games by that sort of margin

oldhendo likes this post.

With 2 mins to go who didn’t think the Colliwobbles where going to do it again win the way they have done over the last weeks. Another great finals game. Collingwood have been good to watch the last couple months. Bring on next week

Yeah, can not complain about the efforts shown by the boys, roll on next year.
  • thefalconthefalcon    20,063 posts
    all through the season you have been a bloody good sport, oldhendo.... =D>

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Thanks Falc, I have learnt over the years that there is a lot more to worry about in life than a simple game of footy. The banter on this site is a good laugh.

JayJay, detonator, Thunderstruck, Manchild, RIO likes this post.

Unlike most I don't hate the Pies whom were gallant in defeat BUT go those Swans!
    Tough ask(are the Cats morals?)next weekend but they will be in their giving it their all.
  • thefalconthefalcon    20,063 posts
    saturday will give us the best final for some time.

i've been a swans fan and lapsed member since their inception with dr. edelman the owner. i was living in sydney at the time and got conned into membership.

i have a funny feeling i'll be crying in my beer about 4pm on saturday.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,764 posts
    There is a Dr Edelman in North Perth....perhaps Doc Edelstein Falc lol.

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    You'll be fine Falcon.....They'll smother and frustrate the Cats for 3 quarters and then hopefully run away with the cup during the fourth quarter.

Sydney by 22 ;-)

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

I reckon the Eagles as a club has scored the least amount of Brownlow votes in a season in the history of the Brownlow medal. Haha \:D/