G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 15 Non Members

Comments

• oldhendooldhendo    774 posts
    So Deto what can your team do to turn things around? Things seem very quiet at the moment.

Bloke was telling me he was taking his son into the city to see the dinosaur exhibit, his son commented Oh good will Nic Nat be there.

=)) =)) =))

detonator, Manchild likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,764 posts
    Deto, I think you may be right, 15 votes for the season is extremely low with club leader JK topping it with 6 votes.  Some of the club tallies make for interesting reading as do some of the votes from some games. Either the votes make a mockery of Fantasy points or fantasy points make a mockery of Umpires Votes and some clubs finishing outside the 8 have club tallies way in excess of clubs finishing in the top four. Players from high profile Melbourne Clubs obviously attract the umpires eyes more so than some non Melbourne based sides. And to illustrate the Fantasy Points nonsense, Cripps with 30 plus possessions and 12 clearances in the last round loss to Collingwood, was only the 4th highest fantasy points scorer behind Docherty, Cerra and Josh Daicos.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,764 posts
    In fact, confirmed, 15 votes is the lowest club total in the AFL era. And the highest vote-getter has retired, and the 6th highest Rioli (1 vote) is off to Port Adelaide. And still there are some in denial of the "rebuild" word? Stock clearance desperately needed.

oldhendo likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    20,063 posts
    mark edelman is my GP, jay jay. thats why i had the brain fade thinking of doc edelsteins array of girlfriends.

JayJay likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,375 posts
    Apparently Touk Miller got 5 votes each in the coach's award in the last game. Got zero Brownlow votes.
    Miller had 25 possessions. Swallow 30 Anderson off memory 30 ish.
    I have no doubt umpires last game of the season NM vs GC they just went to the stat sheet/fantasy sheet and voted accordingly cause they couldn't be bothered.

Tom Barrass no votes for the year ???
    Medal is a farce. :-q
    in the 30 mins i watched they made a big deal of the ballot box being paraded in by uniformed members of mayne nickless....nobody would have a clue how the votes went.... :-\"

RIO likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    and 6 by a bloke who is now retired! 
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    NELSON JACKSON........................................................

GONE

GONE

GONE

GONE

Manchild likes this post.

• jumjum    3,527 posts
    RIO said:

NELSON JACKSON........................................................

GONE

GONE

GONE

GONE
    One very Lucky Bloke  :))
    Got 100 AFL games more than he should have 

<:-P

VillageKid, RIO likes this post.

I heard Carlton are looking at him. :D
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,374 posts
    detonator said:

Is he as good as SPS :-c

RIO, jum likes this post.

edited September 2022

detonator said:

Much better than SPS.
    And he won’t cost you “pick 6” like you coughed up for SPS in 2016. Haha =))
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,374 posts
    detonator said:

detonator said:

Much better than SPS.
    And he won’t cost you “pick 6” like you coughed up for SPS in 2016. Haha =))
    Doesn’t say much for him lol ,think we’re pretty right now actually

B-)

RIO, jum likes this post.

Free to a good home  :D

thefalcon, RIO, Manchild likes this post.

Logan McDonald dropped for the GF.
    Thanks Sydney. We will gladly take him in 2024 cause he won’t be hanging around.\:D/
    Darcy Moore definitely gets a media gig post football career if he wants to go down that path.
    Very impressive on the Channel 7 GF panel this morning.=D>
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,696 posts
    edited September 2022
    Who wins Det, the Cats most likely?

My mate generally a non bettor is on the Swans at $7 he got that price a good few weeks ago.
    Spent 200 lol had 8 x 25 buck bets, 4 teams to make GF and 4 to win it.Only the Swans have survived for him had them in both scenarios and he omitted selecting the Cats I'd say because they would have been favourites(and very short)at the time.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,846 posts
    In Victoria, on Saturday Geelong maintained the honour of the
    greatest Aussie Rules state against a Sydney side that was not so much the
    Bloods, but bloody awful. But, having wanted Geelong to win: Franklin, my dear,
    I don’t give a damn.
                Terry Barnes - Spectator Australia

thefalcon likes this post.

the whole match was an embarrassment.

JayJay likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,975 posts
    Not if you like the Cats it wasnt 

Absolutely smashed them 

And that 3rd qtr - especially the 1st half of it - was what you call champagne football - viewed that quite a few times

Age is no barrier - i think Geel have got 10 blokes over 30 

I know David Mundy couldnt go on for ever - i think hes 37 - but he will be a big loss to Fremantle - and he was still playing very good football - and that final against Coll - i think he can hold his head high - because he played quite well 

thefalcon likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I'm pretty sure i said on here Somewhere that Rory Lobb was leaving at the end of the season and going to Sydney or Melbourne.

Half right, got no idea how Melbourne is going to work for him based on what i was told, but obviously things do change.

Think both WA sides did okay in the draft.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,296 posts
    RIO it was reported (yes I know the media rarely have a clue these days) that Lobb had bought a pad in Inner City Melbourne somewhere either last year or earlier this year and his other half has been living in it, hence his haste to get to Melbourne. 
    And to those morons in the Vic media (equals almost all of them) he isnt moving "back" to Melbourne (VIC) as has been widely reported, he is a West Aussie (from Swan Districts- via Swan Valley (Amateur footy) & Perth Hills (Eastern Suns basketball, he was working in the mines at age 14/15 too I might add) who was drafted to GWS (Western Sydney NSW) and then traded back to Fremantle (WA) before this latest move to Footscray!

RIO likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    740 posts
    Another coach sacked .....
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

RIO it was reported (yes I know the media rarely have a clue these days) that Lobb had bought a pad in Inner City Melbourne somewhere either last year or earlier this year and his other half has been living in it, hence his haste to get to Melbourne. 

And to those morons in the Vic media (equals almost all of them) he isnt moving "back" to Melbourne (VIC) as has been widely reported, he is a West Aussie (from Swan Districts- via Swan Valley (Amateur footy) & Perth Hills (Eastern Suns basketball, he was working in the mines at age 14/15 too I might add) who was drafted to GWS (Western Sydney NSW) and then traded back to Fremantle (WA) before this latest move to Footscray!

Now its a done deal. I know his brother and he said that she was primarily working out of Sydney and Brisbane and he was hoping to go to any of the teams up there. I think i saw him in about June. Got told she earns a **** more than he can, so it was never going to be about how much he was earning as long as he was earning something.

So i'd suggest there has been a shift in her work focus that has her based in Melbourne now. But his bro was adamant he was going no matter what.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,975 posts
    Poor Brett Ratten hey 

He is a nobody -  an absolute nobody  in the eyes of Curtin Radio

Their 8am news bulletin this morning - the lady read all the news - very good 

She then said - Sport - look quickly - St Kilda coach Ben Rutten has allegedly been sacked - now onto the weather - ha - ha -ha

And while on Curtin radio - Ernies value tip at Ascot  - Mrs America @ $9 quote 
    “Ross the boss” in the news as a possible replacement for Brett Ratten.
    Didn’t RTB dump St Kilda to join The Dickers and in turn knife Mark Harvey ?
    Not sure Saints supporters would be too keen on him coming back. His early 2000’s defensive “snorfest” game plan is outdated.
    But his potential appointment will give me plenty of ammunition because he is the gift that keeps on giving.  Haha 
    \:D/
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,883 posts
    Fairly quiet on here without the agitators detonator and FreoDockers.

oldhendo likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    740 posts
    Ross the boss will stir things up , personally I think he is well past his use by date.

oldhendo, RIO likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,296 posts
    I think most would agree the AFL was a far more attractive competition to watch this season with a more attacking mindset from teams on moving the ball quickly forward (except the rabble that is WCE) after nearly a decade of lower scoring, scrum like pack footy that was very ordinary to view.
    And now we have Lyon, Clarkson & Scott all coming back in to the coaches boxes at StK, NM & ESS respectively I bet they go back to their dull as dishwater, defensive minded based game plans that they only know especially Lyon! 
    :-&

jum, RIO likes this post.

Fairly quiet on here without the agitators detonator and FreoDockers.

Obviously didn’t see the post before yours. :-B