Sport
SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
Another Australian cricket captain losses the position due to 'ball tampering' 

He was exonerated nearly four years ago so he could be stiff  :-B
+1 -1

JayJay, Manchild likes this post.

Comments

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    He is guilty of being a sh*t bloke to his Mrs at the time but she was fully aware of it after the event and they’ve moved on.  The crazy part is if it was made public at the time before he was Aussie captain it would have made zero noise and he could easily have been appointed captain afterwards.  In terms of winning the ashes I don’t think it hurts at all but the current media climate is sooooo bad
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    Probably not the first time he has exposed his middle stump

thefalcon, Manchild likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    if Tim and his family have moved on who was the pr*ck who has dug it up now after 4 years.
    don't tell me it was bloody reporter digging around for some dirt.
    why didn't Tim say something along the lines of: "yeah, it happened 4 yrs ago, my wife and family are aware of my stupid behaviour, so are my bosses and we have all moved on. what are you going to do about it?"
    ....unless it was the girl who copped the pic looking for a few dirty dollars...
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    edited November 2021
    I’d suggest that’s the most likely culprit Falc, your last line.

The current CEO of CA coming out today and saying they wouldn’t have endorsed him as captain if they were in charge at the time.  What a p*ss week bloke he is.  Good luck Pat Cummins if that’s the level needed to captain Australia.  When these blokes get to this level they have women throwing themselves at them at times (I’ve seen it with the new skipper).  Cave once and you’re out apparently.  Ok you don’t have to send a d*ck pic but pretty sure they see it when they end up in a hotel room so is it really that bad?
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Both Paine and Langer appointed to clean up the show after sand paper incident. Their appointments were made after the Paine interaction with the woman but PRIOR to the complaint being lodged and investigated. Cricket Australia investigated, decided no case to answer and therefore no need to go public. So Paine stays quiet, apparently neither CA or Paine disclose to Langer what has transpired even though you may think the Coach with a mandate to tidy up a show that has clearly gone off the rails should have full disclosure of what he is dealing with. Subsequent changes to the board and the CEO at Cricket Australia now enable a "wise after the event/pass the parcel" attitude from the new boss to be trotted out today. These sort of things always come out eventually, it is inevitable and it is extreme naivety or arrogance to think they will simply vapourise into cyberspace. Appalling display of mismanagement and it was very difficult to listen to that CEO today trying to manage what is a train wreck. Even more surprising was Paine's offer to make himself available for test selection....as if....there are 4 other keepers in Australia that get a guernsey in front of him.
    Captaincy discussion currently favours the bowler but for me they have to allow Steve Smith to resume the position as he has done his time.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited November 2021
    Steve Smith as captain allowed the Warner and Bancroft “sandpaper gate” to happen.
    That was weak leadership and the fallout was catastrophic.
    With this latest “texting” saga , involving the captain Paine ,this is another setback for the integrity of Australian Cricket.
    I reckon the winning of the Ashes has become secondary to regaining some integrity back to Australian cricket.
    But we can still win the ashes with a Cummings as captain or another member of the team who is squeaky clean. Let’s give them a go and back them in. Could be one of the great series wins under those circumstances.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    According to the paper today (take with grain of salt), Langer was also informed. Adds another layer of intrigue.
    Australian cricket team is a boys club.
    Overpaid ego maniacs. You would think that Langer with 4 daughters could have come out stronger and made a statement.
    But it is all about winning. Getting the next lucrative contract. Looking after your mates. Etc etc.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Smith will captain won't he? Though i agree *Cummins could do the job it's either of them imo.

As for the shitshow Australian cricket has been the money is very likely the issue and the protection racket/cover up crew as mentioned.
    Many to blame over the years mostly administrators(wankers)but they lost me long ago when Clarke was top of the pops, that phuckin pansy/poser LOL no wonder Katich and likely a few others wanted to smash him, wouldn't have happened in Tugger's day..he would have let them go at it and let some blood spill!

detonator, SLIPPERGOLDEN, oldhendo likes this post.

detonator said:

Australian cricket team is a boys club.
    Overpaid ego maniacs. You would think that Langer with 4 daughters could have come out stronger and made a statement.
    But it is all about winning. Getting the next lucrative contract. Looking after your mates. Etc etc.

See a headline in the Herald Sun posted 30 mins ago “Inflated Ego”
    Going off my pervious post I am ahead of the game. Haha
    =D>

Thunderstruck, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

edited November 2021
    detonator said:

detonator said:

And that post suggests a similar ego :))

freodockers, detonator, Chariotsonfire likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Tubby Taylor on the Sports show this morning was sickening to say the least!
    He says it was best for the game and to keep it in house,well,Tubs you are to blame to this saga as Paine
    INTEGRITY MEANING-Being honest and having strong morel principles!
    You and your scumbag board cleared him of any lewd texts which is disgraceful especially this is straight after the Smith saga!
    You and your board could of left him playing for Tassy and no one would give a rats **** what he did as he was only the second keeper to Wade!
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Latest reports are the brother in law was doing the same thing with her, i dont know enough about it to judge but there are nearly always two sides not necessarily always the man/men at fault..just saying.

Not sticking up for Paine btw he was lucky to get the gig on ability anyway but who is to say she wasn't all about being vindictive after alleging consenting and maybe getting rejected later?..
    Messy and sounds like he may be out of the team altogether, you won cricket lotto for 4 years Timmy time to move on mate.

detonator, VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

Latest reports are the brother in law was doing the same thing with her, i dont know enough about it to judge but there are nearly always two sides not necessarily always the man/men at fault..just saying.

Not sticking up for Paine btw he was lucky to get the gig on ability anyway but who is to say she wasn't all about being vindictive after alleging consenting and maybe getting rejected later?..
    Messy and sounds like he may be out of the team altogether, you won cricket lotto for 4 years Timmy time to move on mate.
    Gee these Tassie lads like to keep it in the family!

X_X

Manchild likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    thefalcon said:

why didn't Tim say something along the lines of: "yeah, it happened 4 yrs ago, my wife and family are aware of my stupid behaviour, so are my bosses and we have all moved on. what are you going to do about it?"
    Astounding yes. Time someone stood up to the media etc.
    Resigned over absolutely nothing, but more so that's the action he now has to live with - rather than standing up and telling them to P Off.

And yes, it was the other party who caused it to come out.
    Asked for money at the time (blackmail), and now got caught theiving so I imagine said let me go or I'll expose this (pardon the pun).
    He was hard done by but his choice to relinquish captaincy
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/cricket/woman-at-centre-of-tim-paine-sexting-scandal-files-sexual-harassment-claim-against-cricket-tasmania-c-4716734

This is an absolute joke.
    I this story says it all.
    She is playing the system.
    The world has gone mad thanks to our “professional” media.
    Let’s be honest….who hasn’t sent a dick pic ?
    Ummm…..sorry I retract that. 
    B-)
    detonator said:

Let’s be honest….who hasn’t sent a dick pic ?

Enough of your SMALL talk Detonator.

detonator, freodockers likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    "Ferguson resigned from her position at the state cricket organisation in 2017 after she was accused of stealing. She was later charged in relation to the matter and is set to face Tasmanian Magistrates Court early next year."

Wrath. Woman scorned. And all that.

I don't condone what the guys did. They are idiots. But would like to see the whole story. It appears that the 47 yo "Ms" in question loves a bit of attention from the boys and when it all went down the shitter through her own actions of stealing, she burning them all down.

The while story will probably paint a different picture. But mud sticks. Plenty of mud on these guys now.

jum likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Agree H Bomb was expecting someone a lot younger and vulnerable.
    Would love to hear the whole story to expose everyone involved from top to bottom. That includes the media.

jum likes this post.

Manchild dislikes this post.