Who's Online

0 Members & 20 Non Members

Comments

• Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    edited November 2021
    Its over and has been for a while. Being announced after the KT
  • scenic11scenic11    231 posts

Its over and has been for a while. Being announced after the KT

Yep, as I've been saying, some retirements to be announced soon as some refusing to be vaccinated for Covid.
    Some are being pressured also to not be vaccinated by partners etc so interesting times ahead.

Manchild, spinking likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Just looking for the positives out of the potential split
    Ummm Grant and Alana will be able to get in front of the microphone more instead of Mr P……
    Not Mr Peters I meant Mr “Personality”. Haha.

=))

Manchild likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    i recall a few years ago after a gr1 win, i think it was Britteny who asked him what he was going to do that evening. he replied that Sandra will make some lobster sandwiches and he'll have that with a nice cup of tea.
    i just had a look at the replay of midnight blues race. am i mistaken or was there very little vigour over the last hundred or so metres?

detonator likes this post.

• meatpiemeatpie    410 posts
    Changes to the Williams training plan announced today in a press release.
    It is on Racing.Com if someone can post.
    Opening the stable to more owners
    Will continue to train for Peters Investments but not exclusively
    Opening a sattelite stable in Victoria in the early New Year.

The results for the partnership are staggering 600 winners since 2014

thefalcon, Arapaho, savethegame, jum likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Victorian Satellite stable ?
    Continue the association with Brent Stanley ?
    i am more than surprised bob is sending so many horses to HB.
    i'll watch that association with interest.

Tucool likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Hopefully he will still be training the gun ones when they kickarse over east.With even luck a few will win big races again there.
  • NgawyniNgawyni    738 posts
    edited November 2021
    Falcon said:
     i am more than surprised bob is sending so many horses to HB.
    i'll watch that association with interest.

Too good an opportunity to resist - will we see more scenes like this:

Arapaho, Rex likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Aw thats just plain nasty Ngawyni. LOL LOL. Freodockers will be onto you now LOL

Ngawyni likes this post.

• WhatisthepointWhatisthepoint    181 posts
    Chris said:

Perth racing is a funny place today Triple Missile runs better over all  time in winning than The winterbottom stake winner group 1.Yet The horse that it could not get within 2 lengths of last start Wilchino.Runs last  in the group1. the place loves a form turn around thats one of the best i have seen.

In the run pressure an unspoken factor
    Triple missile first 600m  race split 34.27 graceful girl first 600m race split 34.27.rACE PRESSURE? race pressure same Triple missile runs a faster overall time also on day.If wilchino turns up saturday  and not had a issue he would have been winning well.
    wilchino, SHE did turn up and was way out of class. how she was nearly favourite is one of life mysteries.

Thunderstruck, hash likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited November 2021
    NOW i know what @Whatisthepoint backed lol firstly the horse is a mare as Falc highlighted, she was way up in grade and the issue just meant she got beat further, of course there was more pressure it was a 16 horse field racing for a mill vs 8 or 9 horses in a ratings race, GG was far too good for them coming from last.
    As suggested by others and before by me too, do your form better man! and the prices she was overbet and even opened too short.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    edited November 2021

Chris said:

Perth racing is a funny place today Triple Missile runs better over all  time in winning than The winterbottom stake winner group 1.Yet The horse that it could not get within 2 lengths of last start Wilchino.Runs last  in the group1. the place loves a form turn around thats one of the best i have seen.

Triple missile first 600m  race split 34.27 graceful girl first 600m race split 34.27.rACE PRESSURE? race pressure same Triple missile runs a faster overall time also on day.If wilchino turns up saturday  and not had a issue he would have been winning well.
    Time run and pressure are not even close to the same thing.  If the Winterbottom was a time trial Wilchino probably wins but getting eyeballed especially after missing the kick and having to muster to lead is a different story.

In regards to Triple Missile race, that was run with the easterly still blowing and the Winterbottom South Wester was in although not overly strong.  So they have run the same lead time but did it a lot harder in the Winterbottom to run it

If you don’t think that was a factor then you believe Resortman would have won the Winterbottom 

Thunderstruck, JimmyPop likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts

Ngawyni likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts

Chris said:

Time run and pressure are not even close to the same thing.  If the Winterbottom was a time trial Wilchino probably wins but getting eyeballed especially after missing the kick and having to muster to lead is a different story.

In regards to Triple Missile race, that was run with the easterly still blowing and the Winterbottom South Wester was in although not overly strong.  So they have run the same lead time but did it a lot harder in the Winterbottom to run it

If you don’t think that was a factor then you believe Resortman would have won the Winterbottom 
    The SP on day and the after race report tell me all i need to know but its what makes a market.On top of that she may have had a flat run off 2 weeks as it was a peak run start before..But its good we all have ideas its what makes a market.Its y  people can have a go in  here and its good banter.At end of day if u are making money its all thats matters and enjoying it.

Chris said:

If you don’t think that was a factor then you believe Resortman would have won the Wint

Chris said:

If you have a look at resortman and who it was behind in trial then have a look at how winner of trial  had zero luck in winterbottom u might see what i am saying has something to it.Again even with wind change Triple Missile has run a better overall time  by a few lengths.At best add wind change  times are bang on same.
    Just to be fair i backed secret plan on day it was at rock bottom odds.The ride was a train wreck.But thats racing.

Chris said:

She never had lead in her lead in win were she smashed the clock its more on day i and thinking flat run.
  • PictureSon1973PictureSon1973    138 posts
    Bob is his own man Self Made I believe.?
    Bobs been breeding very good horses for a extended period of time with excellent
    Group 1 wins both in WA and Australia wide.
    Has been recognised internationally as well .
    You have to hand it to him a very capable operator.
    Yes Bob gives the Williams the talent to be a very astute training operation
    but Bob also has to bite his pride and reflect that at no other time has any training
    establishment in Australia given him sustained G1 Wins & Winners as the Williams.
    Feed of the Enjoyment the Williams give you .
    It’s like the Rolling Stones a Solo Performance was & is never as good as seeing all
    the members together.