G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

Rick Mackintosh

East Coast Racing
I've always thought that the bloke was a complete goose. Waits 100 metres after they have jumped before he actually  starts calling a race. 
Cr@ps on add nauseum about stuff not relevant to the meeting he's calling. Goes on and on about stuff during a race irrelevant to the actual race. Takes an eternity to go through a field on his first run through.

In most jumps races instead of calling a race as they are running, again, goes on and on about irrelevant stuff like, "we will be seeing these blokes going around at Warrnambool in 6 weeks time and what a carnival that will be bla bla bla". Was cr@pping on about something at Ballarat  during a jumps race and completely missed that a 4/1 chance in the race had fallen with 1200 to go,  until the race was over. I remember that one as I was listening to the race in my car and had backed the horse and couldn't work out what had happened to it.

But today at Terang took the cake. 

Dean Yendall shot his horse in race 3 Saintly Rose three lengths in front with 100 metres to go, only to fall off the horse. Mackintosh called the fall, but that was it. after they passed the finishing line, he went on about the horse who'd won, and then cr@pped on for at least 2 minutes if not longer, about how lucky for favourite backers that the winner had won, and about how your Xmas and New year was not going to go well if you had backed the fallen horse, until he finally went back to the fallen jockey and said, hope he's ok, and that was it.

He did that after watching as we all did, half the field go over the top of the jockey and the others doing all they could to avoid him. At time of typing this, Yendall is moving his limbs, is very dazed as you would be, and is off to hospital. 

Not that Mackintosh cared. He's got an ego bigger than the Grand Canyon. If he tips a winner you'll hear about it all day. As far as I know, I reckon he's the only caller who, if his so called best bet wins, or any other horse he tips wins, goes on and on about how he tipped it.

Today Mackintosh showed virtually total indifference to Dean Yendall's plight, It wasn't until Matt Stewart covering the program at the track for Racing.com took over that we knew that Yendall's partner and some other jockey's had run onto the track to be with Yendall. All of that happened as soon as all horses had passed the finishing post, but none of that interested Mackintosh. It confirmed everything I have ever thought about the bloke. 
A complete self centred Richard Cranium.

+1 -1

tony likes this post.

Comments

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    I often disagree with your opinions BL but in this case am 100% in agreement.

I have never understood why so many think he is a decent caller of jumps racing
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    With you there too
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Thankfully don't follow the jumps/country or 2nd tier meets much but agree he is painfully average.