In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members

Straight from the horses mouth!

West Australian Racing

Comments

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    meatpie said:

So that is your best opinion on the matter, Your best reply. Give it up Meatpie. I have posted the facts on what occurred and you have nothing in response

That answer from the pie, Slip, is typical of what you get when people are so blinkered biased that they can see no wrongdoing in those they love and admire. 

I watched that press conference, and you described McGowan's actions perfectly.

There is nothing wrong in Meatpie loving his Premier. 

But his answer is typical of, for example, blinkered biased football supporters, who, when their team is beaten by 10 goals, instead of blaming the poor performance of the players, blame the defeat on the umpires,  the weather, the condition of the ground, or any other ridiculous reason  they can f
    More patronising dribble from the verbose one.

Childish and pathetic to say I love him, I respect him, his position and the difficulties he faces every day as I do with every state premier or Morrison, never seen me personalise a criticism of any of them

you are so caught up in your narcissistic belief that you are an oracle, you are nothing more than a blowhard. Sage you are not.

and your football analogy is cringeworthy
    I don't care whether you love your Premier or respect him, or whatever feelings you have about him. I could have used any expression to state your pathetic inability to  acknowledge that McGowan's actions at the press conference, could not, and should not have been condoned by anyone.

Had your reply to Slippergolden been, "I agree with you that he should have taken a lot more care and been an example to others that if you have a runny nose or cough, make sure you have a tissue or handkerchief and do all you can not to spread your germs. Having said that, I still believe that he's done a great job under difficult circumstances."

Whilst that reply may have been a bit too fair and too verbose for your liking, if you HAD said that, you might have some credibility. But you didn't.  And in doing so, you became just like an aggrieved,one eyed, my team is perfect, football supporter. 

meatpie dislikes this post.

• meatpiemeatpie    410 posts

meatpie said:

So that is your best opinion on the matter, Your best reply. Give it up Meatpie. I have posted the facts on what occurred and you have nothing in response

That answer from the pie, Slip, is typical of what you get when people are so blinkered biased that they can see no wrongdoing in those they love and admire. 

I watched that press conference, and you described McGowan's actions perfectly.

There is nothing wrong in Meatpie loving his Premier. 

But his answer is typical of, for example, blinkered biased football supporters, who, when their team is beaten by 10 goals, instead of blaming the poor performance of the players, blame the defeat on the umpires,  the weather, the condition of the ground, or any other ridiculous reason  they can f
    More patronising dribble from the verbose one.

Childish and pathetic to say I love him, I respect him, his position and the difficulties he faces every day as I do with every state premier or Morrison, never seen me personalise a criticism of any of them

you are so caught up in your narcissistic belief that you are an oracle, you are nothing more than a blowhard. Sage you are not.

and your football analogy is cringeworthy
    I don't care whether you love your Premier or respect him, or whatever feelings you have about him. I could have used any expression to state your pathetic inability to  acknowledge that McGowan's actions at the press conference, could not, and should not have been condoned by anyone.

Had your reply to Slippergolden been, "I agree with you that he should have taken a lot more care and been an example to others that if you have a runny nose or cough, make sure you have a tissue or handkerchief and do all you can not to spread your germs. Having said that, I still believe that he's done a great job under difficult circumstances."

Whilst that reply may have been a bit too fair and too verbose for your liking, if you HAD said that, you might have some credibility. But you didn't.  And in doing so, you became just like an aggrieved,one eyed, my team is perfect, football supporter. 

Still just a tryhard
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    all should just have a nice meatpie and sauce and a pint of choice and just settle down.
  • scenic11scenic11    231 posts
    I was refraining on commenting re Pikey's anti-vax stance as I heard he was being coerced by  others in his family (wifey) who are have been openly anti-vax for many years before Covid came along.

After watching the most biased and bizarre interview with "Freedom Media" I am convinced he has gone well and truly down the rabbit hole with them.

It was ridiculous that he viewed his positon as "tragic" 
    Sorry Pikey it's NOT a tragedy you lost one days work. A tragedy is when people die...you know, like from a virus that was avoidable if not for some selfish twats spreading it around,
    ^^ well said, scenic11.... =D>
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    463 posts
    TheDiva said:

quoting the article -

“He thanks some police and nurses who had “walked away from their jobs” in paving the way for – in his words – giving him the courage to “stand my ground”. It might be worth remembering though William the countless numbers of frontline health care workers who have stood their ground in the face of a deadly pandemic for the vast majority of us. Selflessly and tirelessly.”

I was never a fan of Bruce, but he has gone up a million pegs in my opinion via this one paragraph.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    Important information for owners:

The WA Government has implemented mandatory proof of vaccination of PATRONS for all race meetings at Ascot, Belmont Park & Pinjarra Park, effective immediately. Details of proof of vaccination requirements are available from the below link.

https://bit.ly/3sWysAW

Owners are reminded you will need to have an approved form of photo identification as well as your vaccination certificate to gain entry to race meetings at the above venues.

oldhendo likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    So does the above applie to the general public as well entering a racecourse. Or just owners who may or may not enter the mounting enclosure
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    spinking said:

So does the above applie to the general public as well entering a racecourse. Or just owners who may or may not enter the mounting enclosure

Depends whether you can play tennis
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Where does that now leave any unvaxinated jockey . Or one that does not have  both shots
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    I am drawing great comfort that a group of prominent Riders/Drivers have a greater understanding of Covid/Vaccinations that the eminently qualified scientists around the world. The WA Racing Equine Industry is obviously in safe hands.

Perhaps they could consider trading in their whips for tennis racquets to get an exemption from vaccination.

Pinballwizard, thefalcon likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    edited January 2022
    Pike, Turner and Whiting are all booked for rides on Saturday... so it obviously only applies to Patrons, not employees.... I guess we'll find out in the next few hours. 

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    I presume the jockeys are being treated the same as hospitality staff who are required to be vaccinated by the end of January so at the moment not required.

When the govt announced that the public would require proof of vaccination to attend pubs etc with more than 500 capacity the staff were not included until end of January as that had already been announced,

I am drawing great comfort that a group of prominent Riders/Drivers have a greater understanding of Covid/Vaccinations that the eminently qualified scientists around the world. The WA Racing Equine Industry is obviously in safe hands.

Perhaps they could consider trading in their whips for tennis racquets to get an exemption from vaccination.
    I think the addition of Dr shingles outside the jocks & reinsmans rooms will be of great benefit. There is an opportunity for someone engaged in the first & last for instance to do a bit of brain surgery between races while idle.

thefalcon likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    So we can ditch the masks at Ascot tomorrow ?
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    edited January 2022
    The Muppet show, embarrassing, Willie should have just , he says kept quiet, says it no ones business (which it isnt) so keep it private I would have thought

My understanding Turner and Whiting had only had the 1 jab

I'm not the smartest bloke but what private information is he giving out, he just gave out private information by saying he is not getting the jab

So far my DNA hasn't changed, not having spoons sticking to me, so I'm not magnetized, and it hasn't stopped me losing on the punt

The Muppet show, embarrassing, Willie should have just , he says kept quiet, says it no ones business (which it isnt) so keep it private I would have thought

My understanding Turner and Whiting had only had the 1 jab

I'm not the smartest bloke but what private information is he giving out, he just gave out private information by saying he is not getting the jab

So far my DNA hasn't changed, not having spoons sticking to me, so I'm not magnetized, and it hasn't stopped me losing on the punt
    Gotta agree with all the above, Pikey didn't come across as the sharpest tool in the shed by talking to those Muppets.  Should have just kept quiet.

Somehow I feel there are others pulling the strings here and Pikey is just a puppet, anyway it's his choice so media should just drop it now and move on.
    RWWA released their vaccination mandate policy yesterday.

When you read the detail of the rules, unvaxxed trainers will have licence suspended and won't be able to live at training property/premises.

This will make things interesting/difficult for some of them. 
    Are more retirements imminent?

Manchild, thefalcon likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts

William Pike will relocate to Sydney to continue his riding career. Will apply for license this week. Under current rules jockeys are not required to be double vaccinated in NSW.
    its going to be tough, trainers will have to ensure all their staff are jabbed, or will rwwa insist they provide them proof?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I would think there would be spot checks in the early days of certificate requirements like any other stable visit by the stewards. Just add "check of vax certificate" to the list of things
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,743 posts
    edited January 2022
    Time to be realistic. More than 60% (and rising) of claimed covid deaths in the USA were not caused directly by covid but claimed to get funds from the government and could very well be the same here when you consider an unfortunate motorbike rider crashing into a tree was claimed as a covid victim

For those that get the Chinese virus 99.5% have mild symptoms.  Science proves masks make no difference at all. You can't catch it outdoors. The heat kills it immediately. More people unfortunately die from the flu,

We have to tolerate a media induced scare campaign every day with a cricket scoreboard like tally on Chinese virus stats usually occupying the first half of any news bulletin. Most that pass are aged or have other contributing factors but that information is not disseminated.

The media enjoy the scare campaign. It makes news. 

McGowan needs adult nappies the way he reacts to minimal outbreaks. Do you really think he will open it all up on Feb 5th without any restrictions. As much chance of that as Falcon or me tipping the next four Quaddies at Ascot.

Face facts and wake up Perth we are living in a Communist and Marxist state

Manchild likes this post.

thefalcon, oldhendo, meatpie, LooksLikeTrouble, Uttsy dislikes this post.

Time to be realistic. More than 60% (and rising) of claimed covid deaths in the USA were not caused directly by covid but claimed to get funds from the government and could very well be the same here when you consider an unfortunate motorbike rider crashing into a tree was claimed as a covid victim

For those that get the Chinese virus 99.5% have mild symptoms.  Science proves masks make no difference at all. You can't catch it outdoors. The heat kills it immediately. More people unfortunately die from the flu,

We have to tolerate a media induced scare campaign every day with a cricket scoreboard like tally on Chinese virus stats usually occupying the first half of any news bulletin. Most that pass are aged or have other contributing factors but that information is not disseminated.

McGowan needs adult nappies the way he reacts to minimal outbreaks. Do you really think he will open it all up on Feb 5th without any restrictions. As much chance of that as Falcon or me tipping the next four Quaddies at Ascot.

Explain to me how this is a "Chinese virus". Is it the same process that a virus that originated in Kansas became known as "The Spanish Flu " ? I am interested to know whether it is based on  fact or is just a convenient racist narrative for some.....so that their brain doesn't hurt justifying their political allegiance..

meatpie, Uttsy likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts

Explain to me how this is a "Chinese virus". Is it the same process that a virus that originated in Kansas became known as "The Spanish Flu " ? I am interested to know whether it is based on  fact or is just a convenient racist narrative for some.....so that their brain doesn't hurt justifying their political allegiance..

Definitely political for poor old Slip..has a Lib boner that will just not desist LOL but why bang on about it on here ffs? go march on Parliament house when it resumes sitting(don't forget your mask and vaxx information Slip ole son) :P

oldhendo, meatpie likes this post.

SLIPPERGOLDEN dislikes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Don't know what happened there with the above post but I keep reading this tripe from Dr Trump wannabbe's about the inflated number of Covid deaths in the USA. It simply ain't true, it is garbage spread by George Christenson/Craig Kelly accolytes and must be called out. I prefer to get my knowledge from people and magazines actually qualified to comment factually.

But history shows it is difficult to argue with those who have cottoned on to some fantastic conspiracy theory .....there are some who still believe Dr Goebbels was harmless and had a great interest  in advertising and marketing.

Thunderstruck, thefalcon, oldhendo, meatpie, tony likes this post.

...and Himler was a sunday school teacher...

JayJay, Thunderstruck, oldhendo, tony likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Yes, Covid was propogated/released/leaked/engineered etc etc in Wuhan (re Chinese virus)

Unfortunately for the "Chinese virus" spruikers there is over whelming evidence it was from a US FUNDED LAB in Wuhan. Not a wet market. Not a Chinese funded lab. But a US lab. Go figure

The US has been funding Coronavirus research for many years in Wuhan, found in bats, ironically to study coronaviruses to avoid a pandemic. Start from there. Very interesting reading and Fauci prints all over this.

Interestingly, the initial genomic sequencing revealed a bat coronavirus that had a "non naturally occurring" insertion of 4 amino acids in a domain that is critical for virulence/transmission.

But I've said too much

;)

curmudgeon, meatpie likes this post.