G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members
R1- CRITICAL ALTITUDE returns to racing in a small field of first uppers. In four starts in 3yo grade last prep was competitive in races won by How’s The Serenity, Kaptain Kaos, Son Son and Acromantula before running unplaced as a $1.50 favourite in an all age maiden when pulling up lame. Her recent trial win was sharp and suggests she’s be close to her best for her first up run. Should fire straight to the front from one to stay out of trouble and looks a class above here.

R2- BORDER FORCE looks a raw 3yo with a bit of talent. Had actually trialled quite well for his debut having finished second to smart stablemate Rockin Rupert in his first 1000m trial before a short break, coming back and showing fight to win a trial before his debut run when stretching The Velvet Queen. Last start went around a well supported favourite when sitting deep the trip at the front of the field but kept finding late to win. Looks like breezing or even leading here in a small field and should only improve again third up.

R3- CHEDDAR BOB returned to racing first up no trial at Narrogin last start when plunged. Opened as high as $34 and jumped $7 only to be grabbed right on the line. His two runs in his initial campaign were actually okay and instructions were to lead last start. Didn’t quite have the speed to do that over 1100 but held the box seat before getting checked in the middle stages and was a massive run to pick up and go close. Expect instructions will be similar here and if he can hold the front from two he looks capable of going one better.

R4- IMA SLY FOX is no star but certainly has run races good enough to be beating this field. Ran sixth in the Aquanita Stakes last campaign when sitting three wide no cover the entire and has returned in okay form. First up run was super, second up was taken out by a fallen runner, two back was a good run when third in a much stronger race than this and last start was too bad to be true in a Saturday race. Comes back to a class one and from the draw should roll to the breeze and stay out of trouble.

R5- Best Bet: AIN’T NO OTHER MAN looks very well placed back into a class three here. Has been racing well in stronger and okay in much stronger so far this campaign having run within 1L of The Front Bar first up before finishing back in the field without being too far from the winner in the Placid Ark and a high rating 72+ event. Last start was much more competitive when peaking late to run fourth in the Westspeed 3yo feature. Back to a class three, drawn to get a good run and in with a winnable weight after the claim. Placement/10.

R6- DANI BELLA looked back to her best first up behind the talented Mercanto. Didn’t really come up in two starts last campaign during Winter but can make up for that now. Trialled nicely for her return when rolling straight to the breeze on a day that favoured those swooping. To box on and run third was a really good effort considering it was only a race for second from the top of the straight. Gets straight to her pet 1400m trip second up and has the senior rider on her rode her at trials. Looks a nice option for her.

R7- OUR NORMAN has returned superbly for the Chris Willis stable. Showed a level of ability at trials prior to his initial campaign but looked a little flat at his runs for the Fernie yard. First up for the new stable was specced at odds and was able to give a good kick and lead for a long way when knocked off by subsequent winner Burnya To Survive. Last start again bounced straight to the front and gave a strong kick to hold a smart one in Fine Romance. Should bounce straight to the front again and make himself hard to run down.
+1 -1

Tucool, Gray, Thunderstruck, Chris likes this post.

Comments

• GrayGray    4,090 posts
    Best Bet Pink Carats
    followed by American Troop
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited January 2022
    @Gray I'm with Train and against you bud(take a quinella or exacta saver :D )Ain't No Other Man is very well in against this class with the claim.Has not been disgraced at all in mostly much better races as stated, i tipped him last start when a slightly unlucky 4th he will be winning this I agree.
    At a tick over $4 boosted he is a decent bet.

CJP rides tomorrow that i don't mind :

Cheddar Bob R3 the first up run was quite good, Narrogin to midweek city is a query but he finished off well and there is the upgrade in steerer to consider.
    Clint then just wins R6 i reckon on one of team Gangemi's I reckon, guessing that combo has a pretty fair strike rate too.

His best other chance is in the last Almaherman, think he will be in the mix with the right run decent gallopers can and do win C1's with 60 kilos.
    Only just noticed Train has tipped Cheddar Bob too hope we're in sync.
  • ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Is this the first horse in WA to win a race past 7pm?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    dunno if i'm going ga-ga but i only recognize about 2-3 horses at todays meeting. looks like we've done a swap with Alice Springs or Dubbo.

JimmyPop likes this post.

Chris said:

Is this the first horse in WA to win a race past 7pm?

No GP jokes please

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Proof of Vaccination required
    Today at Belmont,
    Does that Include Jocks ???
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    brady said:

Proof of Vaccination required

Today at Belmont,
    Does that Include Jocks ???

https://bit.ly/3JGZeTw

Arapaho, brady likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
     One rule for Race Participants and 
     Another for Punters ,
    Understand they are not mixing with the public ,
    But a very fine line ,
    Just Saying !

oldhendo, thefalcon, JimmyPop, freodockers likes this post.

Fairly big plunge(why??)goes awry on the Parnham galloper...oops!
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Just an observation on Troy Turner, he seems to not "get stuck into" his horses. Race 2 there as an example- the eventual winner was gaining ground on him and he just keeps going thru the motions with the whip. Maybe it was giving it's all, but didn't look like TT asked it for that 1% more and it goes down in a tight finish.

Fairly big plunge(why??)goes awry on the Parnham galloper...oops!

No Cheddar for Bob owners either

Sly Fox was beyond pathetic then
    Ran out of petrol late did Bob.

Can Carbs wind back the clock and ride a treble on the well backed Pink Carats?
    I'm sticking with Ain't No Other Man, might be me that needs to take that saver!
    Weak as, the kid looked awkward on it live...fav flat too.
    Sacked unless there is a very good excuse.

Well Train and I were in sync..in liking the wrong one's