G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

East Fremantle Oval Redevelopment

Sport
GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
Just wondering if anyone has and information on this?

The last update I can find is from July last year. 

Sharks shipped off to play at the WACA ground this season when to the best of my knowledge there aren’t even plans yet let alone contractors in place to do the work. 

Has the gun been jumped here? Sure it will all happen eventually but I think we are looking at more a 2025 outcome rather than back end of 2022. Going to be a long few seasons. 

Comments

• G-MacG-Mac    1,569 posts
    I just looked it up. Seems a good use of the space. All info dries up around July 2021 so it appears the development has stalled. Might end up in the same bucket as the Belmont Park redevelopment; forever pending...
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    G-Mac said:

I just looked it up. Seems a good use of the space. All info dries up around July 2021 so it appears the development has stalled. Might end up in the same bucket as the Belmont Park redevelopment; forever pending...

Spend the 25mill on a contract printing out the footy guide for a coupe of years by a company the president owns perhaps….

Should be great once it gets going.

Vincent_vega likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    The coldest, characterless, most windswept ground in Australia.
    Needs a Claremont Oval, Waverly type redevelopment to give that desolate ground something. Haha
    Go Old Easts !!!!
    :-h

VillageKid likes this post.

freodockers dislikes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    I believe it is all systems go still but the ground works wont be starting until the second half of this season in which EF will start training at Dockers HQ.
    They are still playing all of their home games at the WACA for the next few seasons.

To be honest though I am not sure why they went ahead with this development at Moss St?
    For mine a ground share arrangement with SF at a redeveloped Fremantle Oval would have made more sense to me (or even look at sharing with Freo at Cockburn) than to waste money on a ground not even 2km from Freo Oval and one not on the train line so public transport isnt really an option for attendees!

jum likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts
    detonator said:

The coldest, characterless, most windswept ground in Australia.

Needs a Claremont Oval, Waverly type redevelopment to give that desolate ground something. Haha
    Go Old Easts !!!!
    :-h

Yeah I thought it was going to be more along the Claremont oval type redevelopment but looks like all open spaces. The side along Marmion was ripe for that sort of thing then leave the rest open so the sun hits the oval all year round unlike Claremont.

Personally being walking distance from the ground I’m happy it is getting a face lift, hope it hits the mark.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    You not far from me Gilga.