G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 9 Non Members

Luke Beveridge

Sport
freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
Good on Luke Beveridge last night for giving it to Tom Morris.
He finally did what most coaches have wanted to do for the last ten years but have been too scared for whatever reason to do so.
Its about time someone put the AFL and their media contingency on notice.
The attack by journos including Nathan Buckley was nothing short of disgusting in itself and a great example of how they operate. Shout down someone because they can control what gets released until the person on the receiving end gives in to their tactics.
Some times to make a stand you just have to let rip and let the fallout take care of the situation.
That's exactly what Beveridge has done and good on him.
We will see if Tom Morris has a job by the end of the week.
He is nothing but a two faced liar along with some of his counterparts.
+1 -1

VillageKid, H-BOMBER, cisco likes this post.

Comments

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,253 posts
    Most of what I've been reading points to Bevo being out of line? Im not sure of the context so I have no opion either way

Manchild likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    That’s because your reading exactly what they want you to.
  • tonytony    2,373 posts
    I saw the whole thing and Bevo was out of order imo.

Morris's story was correct so the only complaint should have been at his own person(s) who leaked it. Generally have no time for Morris but he was right this time.

detonator, G-Mac, jum, Manchild likes this post.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/bb/11/1E3DA9A3-775A-485B-81B0-40E4D219BCC1/431E2785-65EC-450D-B095-A0DAAEEA6DA1.mov
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,846 posts
    Social media support for Beveridge is definitely in the minority. 
    https://www.3aw.com.au/tom-morris-stood-down-by-fox-footy/
    What goes around comes around.
    Like I said, see what comes out of the woodwork.
    And it wasn’t leaked,
    AFL have no choice and they now have to do something about it.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,253 posts
    Wow some of the Tom Morris stuff flying around is extremely cringeworthy, racist, mysogenistic etc etc. Points to him being a real piece of work
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,279 posts
    These footy & cricket reporters (not journalists) Morris, Browne, Stevens, Conn etc are nothing other than bottom feeders!
    Karma has finally claimed Morris, with luck hopefully the others will follow suit!

JayJay, cisco likes this post.

• Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    Unequivocal apology from Beveridge and the Dogs points to it being way out of line which it was.

The Tom Morris stuff that’s come out today is a seperate issue and he’s gonna cop his whack for that.  

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Bevo needs to go to anger management courses.
    He has form in this regard. He had Damien Barrett by the throat up against the wall in the toilet on Brownlow night a couple of years ago apparently.
    Old crazy eyes “ Ross the Boss” was a serial journo hater at press conferences. Then he joins the media. 
    @-)
    Ross The Boss was only a serial hater against West Australian media.
    And rightly so what they did to him attacking him personally and his family,, they should be ashamed of themselves.
    And Bevo shouldered Damien Barrett he didn’t grab him by the throat, unless Damien Barrett is lying too.
    AFL website Luke Beveridge being bashed all over the place.
    Not one mention of Tom Morris being stood down.
    How surprising.
    You have an axe to grind.  Beveridge embarrassed himself and the club, that’s a huge story public sentiment is against him, fair enough.

A journalist getting sacked for Social media posts is barely news.  You can’t have it both ways, you’re saying the journos are insignificant but complaining no one is talking about them?
    No one would be talking about Tom Morris unless Luke Beveridge had spoken up.
    Call it an axe to grind if you like but please explain how his female co worker would be feeling.
    Do you think just maybe those in the AFL media supporting this clown may have been aware of his behaviour before this so called leak was released.
    BTW he hasn’t been sacked yet !!!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,669 posts

These footy & cricket reporters (not journalists) Morris, Browne, Stevens, Conn etc are nothing other than bottom feeders!

Karma has finally claimed Morris, with luck hopefully the others will follow suit!

Yes, inclined to agree. Beveridge is probably out of order and has apologised accordingly but at the end of the day, I am positive he will have made a significant and lasting contribution to footy, and I am not sure just what it is that these alleged reporters actually contribute to the betterment of the game.

They are a bit like the papparazzi minus the scooter and the camera, constantly on the prowl for a "gotcha moment" or hiding around a corner waiting for someone to tread on their old fella. Do they have "snitches" buried away inside clubs feeding them scuttlebut or "he said, she said, they did" crap for a couple of schooners? Who knows but I find these "scoop" claimers quite nauseating, none more so than Barret and his ilk, and locally, to be honest, I don't think we are much better off. I read Duffield a bit but draw the line at the rest of them. At least some of the analyst types that report have actually played the game but some of these nothing burgers that parade themselves as knowledgable  are exactly as you describe.....glass cleaners and algae eaters in a tropical fish tank.

Ross The Boss was only a serial hater against West Australian media.
    And rightly so what they did to him attacking him personally and his family,, they should be ashamed of themselves.

“Ross the Boss” continued the trail of Docker coaches who couldn’t handle the heat from the media.
    Connolly, Drum etc.Massive chip on their shoulders who lashed out at the media when things didn’t go their way. 
    They didn’t realise that in a 2 team town they were just adding fuel to the fire.
    And you wonder why the Eagles get the rub of the green when it comes to exposure in the press.
    How did RTB’s off field indiscretions end up ? 
    [-X

Manchild likes this post.

freodockers dislikes this post.

JayJay said:

Yes, inclined to agree. Beveridge is probably out of order and has apologised accordingly but at the end of the day, I am positive he will have made a significant and lasting contribution to footy, and I am not sure just what it is that these alleged reporters actually contribute to the betterment of the game.

They are a bit like the papparazzi minus the scooter and the camera, constantly on the prowl for a "gotcha moment" or hiding around a corner waiting for someone to tread on their old fella. Do they have "snitches" buried away inside clubs feeding them scuttlebut or "he said, she said, they did" crap for a couple of schooners? Who knows but I find these "scoop" claimers quite nauseating, none more so than Barret and his ilk, and locally, to be honest, I don't think we are much better off. I read Duffield a bit but draw the line at the rest of them. At least some of the analyst types that report have actually played the game but some of these nothing burgers that parade themselves as knowledgable  are exactly as you describe.....glass cleaners and algae eaters in a tropical fish tank.
    What these reporters add to the game is probably $50million a year.  The AFL would get a fraction of the TV rights if there wasn’t a 24/7 media system behind it.  How many AFL shows are there every week, all wanting an exclusive.  Those shows are worth a huge part of the TV rights deal and without them every player and coach would be on a large % less than they are currently.  Don’t see too many participants offering to play for less if the scrutiny and coverage drops.

detonator, jum likes this post.

freodockers dislikes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,846 posts
    Of course Micky Shithouse loved the media.
    I’m not going to comment on this matter Detto as it is not a laughing matter when WA media attack family including kids.
    Leave it there.
    Reckon your drawing a long bow there Freo re “attacking family including kids” but happy to leave it there too.

freodockers likes this post.

Interesting Freodockers disliked my comment.  Do you dispute that a huge part of the TV rights which funds the game and pays the players isn’t coming from the fact the stations get the daily shows etc to ride on the back of their coverage?
    Yep it comes from the players, the coaches, and the community/supporters.
    Without them their would be nothing.
    Just like horse racing, the media, boards etc have hijacked it and are making it their own and might I add making shitloads of money along the way.

cisco likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts

Yep it comes from the players, the coaches, and the community/supporters.
    Without them their would be nothing.
    Just like horse racing, the media, boards etc have hijacked it and are making it their own and might I add making shitloads of money along the way.

The Media and Boards  :))  :))
    Try the corporates Freo. Sportsbet, Ladbrokes, Pointsbet and the like.
    No argument from me Jum.

jum likes this post.

• G-MacG-Mac    1,570 posts
    It seems Beveridge won that stink as he is the one still in a job on Monday morning.

VillageKid, freodockers, Thunderstruck, jum likes this post.