G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members

Comments

• careycarey    6,369 posts
    spinking said:

Can’t wait for 20 more days so all this **** is over . And to see who on this site is wiping egg of their mugs

just checking if your ****, is better than my ****.
    one of lives great mysteries.
    how yours passed the auto censor.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,903 posts
    I try to look at both sides and fairly

You take inflation - latest figures - Aust has got an annual inflation rate of 5.1% - now alot of the Labour Party fanatics on this site  are blaming  the Liberal/Coalition for that

However if we go across  to New Zealand - their inflation rate is 6.6% and they have already raised their interest rate 50 basis points - but hell and behold -  Jacinta and her Labour Party have been running things in NZ 

Sol Eastlake the economist said last week - Aust inflation - 90% of the problem   is world wide events  at play - and  all logic would suggest the same for NZ

However the Labour Party supporters on this forum - Aust inflation problem  - its all your fault Morrison 

thefalcon likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,748 posts
    It’s shit because I am not interested in your or any one else’s political views or opinions . And I have a pretty good idea what your going to say next. And if I am your correct I shouldn’t have
    if i was going to say you did not not have to read it, or express an opinion, then you're perfectly correct.

and markovina i have admittedly just scanned quickly, but from my recollection, yours is the first post in the thread that mentioned inflation.
    if i am wrong them apologies.
    carey said:

if i was going to say you did not not have to read it, or express an opinion, then you're perfectly correct.

and markovina i have admittedly just scanned quickly, but from my recollection, yours is the first post in the thread that mentioned inflation.
    if i am wrong them apologies.

Look there are alot of issues re this election mate

Ive been listening to that PM Radio show - and one of the big issues - is the cost of childcare - figures quoted in Syd $120 a day for a kid and $190 a day close to the CBD 

Now there is a complex rebate system or whatever - however alot with 2 young preschool kids they are absolutely bleeding money  on this

Now an issue like that  has to help Labour - because people who are paying a fortune for childcare might say - look i will vote for the new mob - because they might be able to fix it - however in reality it is virtually impossible to fix

Albo doing his best Captain Binghamton impersonation again today 

If Labour lose this election - only 1 person will be blamed 
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    i backed scomo again yesterday...$3.25. i reckon i've taken unders...BUT hope springs eternal.
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    6 points ??? =))
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,762 posts
    edited May 2022
    Albanese's daily stuffs ups are embarrassing. Not fully covered by all media but no surprise there. Frankly he makes  Biden look good and that is saying something.

Albanese, Wong, Keneally, Bowen, Marles... A load of shite. Underperformers of the first degree. China reps of the first degree.

So called Independants... Simon Says representatives. Simon Holmes a Twat. Takes after his mother as an Anti Semite. A first degree disgrace. Low life.

First real debate for a so called independent as Ryan takes on Frydenberg who wipes his anal region with her. 

Another Simon Says representative Steggall wont debate anyone. A Steggall chicken. How anyone takes her seriously is beyond belief.

The Climate Change crap is a religion. You worry about climate 2030 (supposed end of the world to many alarmists) and 2050. How about 2022 and more recent years to come? The recent Russia Ukraine war highlights the impact on Europe's stupidity with climate change crap.

If common sense prevails Liberals should win by a landslide. Labor can't win without the ludicrous Greens and Holmes A Twat Simon Says Plebs. If Labor win with a minority relying on those Greens and other F***Wits then God help Australia.

easy to see why the blue boy is liberal.
    fits right in.

meatpie, Thunderstruck likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    carey said:

fits right in.
    They are a strange breed ...The Rum Corp....completely & utterly haven't worked out that they are  the tail trying to wag the dog.

meatpie, savethegame likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,669 posts
    Another shock gaffe as Albanese unable to prove Fermat’s Last Theorem, recite the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all on board the Titanic, refused to sing the tenor part in Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony (Chorale), speak Korean, or state the date the War of the Austrian Succession started to the satisfaction of some little wet behind the ears young Lib from Channel 9  who was out to get a gotcha moment to brag to his mates about. And these paid minions of major extreme right wing media companies (and the left leaning press when they do the same thing to Morrison) have the audacity to call themselves journalists? Alan Ramsay and numerous Willesee's would be turning in his grave.

They ask these questions whilst holding the answers on the screens of their phones and this makes them reporters? Nothing other than low life snipers. This is why the public disengages with politics because of these marauding little twerps shouting out and interrupting when answers are being delivered. David Speers was no better last night on Q and A, why not just ask a question and then shut up and listen to the answer. The show isn't about the interviewer, it is about the person being interviewed. Leigh Sales does exactly the same thing, and although I never watch Sky News, those shouty bullying boofheads do exactly the same thing, having learned from Ray Hadley and Alan Jones.

meatpie, curmudgeon, savethegame likes this post.

• meatpiemeatpie    418 posts
    JayJay said:

Another shock gaffe as Albanese unable to prove Fermat’s Last Theorem, recite the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all on board the Titanic, refused to sing the tenor part in Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony (Chorale), speak Korean, or state the date the War of the Austrian Succession started to the satisfaction of some little wet behind the ears young Lib from Channel 9  who was out to get a gotcha moment to brag to his mates about. And these paid minions of major extreme right wing media companies (and the left leaning press when they do the same thing to Morrison) have the audacity to call themselves journalists? Alan Ramsay and numerous Willesee's would be turning in his grave.

They ask these questions whilst holding the answers on the screens of their phones and this makes them reporters? Nothing other than low life snipers. This is why the public disengages with politics because of these marauding little twerps shouting out and interrupting when answers are being delivered. David Speers was no better last night on Q and A, why not just ask a question and then shut up and listen to the answer. The show isn't about the interviewer, it is about the person being interviewed. Leigh Sales does exactly the same thing, and although I never watch Sky News, those shouty bullying boofheads do exactly the same thing, having learned from Ray Hadley and Alan Jones.
    yep nothing more than 'gotcha' questions, trying for notoriety. 
  • meatpiemeatpie    418 posts
    carey said:

fits right in.
    Its a social status thing 

Thunderstruck likes this post.

and there will be more "gotcha" questions to both leaders. do not for one moment think that scomo doesn't get them, he just seems to answer them.

i think we will sadly see albo really crack in the next couple of weeks. it will not be nice to see and i say that as a human being, not as a staunch liberal.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,692 posts
    meatpie said:

carey said:

fits right in.
    Its a social status thing 

Exactly right, always has been.
    thefalcon said:

and there will be more "gotcha" questions to both leaders. do not for one moment think that scomo doesn't get them, he just seems to answer them.

i think we will sadly see albo really crack in the next couple of weeks. it will not be nice to see and i say that as a human being, not as a staunch liberal.

You blinkered libbers are a deadset crack up :)) i had a spiel typed up for Slip then thought na i cbf..you two blokes particularly really should watch that satirical advertisement Carey posted, it is not only likely VERY accurate but very funny.

curmudgeon likes this post.

One thing that did surprise me - and ive got to say - thank goodness that i am unbiased - because i am the only one re the posters - there are Liberals fanatics - Labour fanatics - and  then my good self 

But 1 thing which really surprised me was the shared equity scheme for housing - where the federal govt contribute up to 40% and take an equity/stake - in a persons house 

Now again im not taking sides - it is current Labour party policy - and it was Liberal party policy for a good decade ( however not part of the Libs current policy ) so both sides were  right behind it 

But the raw numbers absolutely staggered me - totally flloored  me - i will give you an example 

On that PM Radio show Monday night - they played a clip from Jason Clare - and he said - look i will give you an actual example - of whom this scheme is to help

Clare said last year he was on the Central Coast of NSW - and a lady came up to him - he actually named her - Angela was her name - and he said her and husband said to him - look we want to buy a house on the Central Coast for 900k ( wow ) but the banks will only lend us 500-600k - and Clare said - this is a perfect example of who we are trying to help ( ie 40% of 900k equals 360k govt money/equity plus their 600k ( borrowed and deposit )

Helping someone buy a 900k house ( not in a capital city ) in Regional Aust - that  totally floored me 

The numbers ( and i was pretty good at Maths 1 and  2 ) - they are punting that house prices keep going up - the income limits are 90k for single and 125k for a couple - well after tax and food etc - there is not much their - not much wriggle room . 

You have an economic environment of rising interest rates ( thus mortgage paymts go up ) that 900k house in that environment - there is a big risk the price goes down - then what happens  ?

My unbiased view - im not comfortable about the govt helping people ( with taxpayers money )  buy 900k houses in regional  Aust - and Mathematically in a rising Interest rate environment it is extremely risky

Rodent, thefalcon likes this post.

Housing is primarily for shelter & safety .....not for some scumbag to make another persons life a misery while milking their bank balance.
    Try bringing up a young family when you can't have a pet or put anything up on a wall.... more & more young people are excluded from owning a house by the "market " forces.
    The best thing that could happen is for the arrse to completely fall out of the housing market & society gets back to what matters.

carey, savethegame, Thunderstruck, JayJay likes this post.

true, it is very hard at the moment for renters. i feel so sorry for them.

this interest rate rise is only the first or many. those who over capitalised are really going to feel the pinch. coupled with a 4wd each, a $3k television, karrinyup shopping and trips to millionaireville, once known as margaret river life will have to change. 
    have to give up 16 buck+ smashed avo on toast( buy one for a buck and make your own), $20 cocktails, 10 buck glasses of wine, food thru the roof prices etc etc. uber eats (try cooking). oh yeah, smokers paying upwards of $40 a packet...
    ok, i've exaggerated but the good times are ending.

i thought that a good read, and the blue boy even gets a mention in 'FIVE'

curmudgeon likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,041 posts

Housing is primarily for shelter & safety .....not for some scumbag to make another persons life a misery while milking their bank balance.

Try bringing up a young family when you can't have a pet or put anything up on a wall.... more & more young people are excluded from owning a house by the "market " forces.
    The best thing that could happen is for the arrse to completely fall out of the housing market & society gets back to what matters.
    I was in my 30's working as a veterinarian when I bought my first house. Unfortunately had to sell it 6 months later due to a break up. Eventually got married, rented and saved and finally bought a house when 42. I would love to have had a house earlier but couldn't afford it. One day I'd like to be able to afford an investment property. I didn't realise that if I could do it, it would make me a scumbag milking someone else's bank balance. Doesn't Albo have investment properties? Is he a scumbag?
    a lesson on how to miss the point completely.
    and they reckon i'm a **** punter.
  • RodentRodent    7,041 posts
    "Housing is primarily for shelter & safety .....not for some scumbag to make another persons life a misery while milking their bank balance."
    Sorry I must have taken things as they were written.. What's the point that I missed?

TheDiva, thefalcon, Manchild likes this post.

Rodent said:

I was in my 30's working as a veterinarian when I bought my first house. Unfortunately had to sell it 6 months later due to a break up. Eventually got married, rented and saved and finally bought a house when 42. I would love to have had a house earlier but couldn't afford it. One day I'd like to be able to afford an investment property. I didn't realise that if I could do it, it would make me a scumbag milking someone else's bank balance. Doesn't Albo have investment properties? Is he a scumbag?
    Look out of your kitchen window & tell me when you see the surrounding streets awash with the milk of human kindness emanating from landlords...I'll wait.
    My point is that the two parties have competing priorities on most occasions & there is a huge power imbalance in favour of the landlord if anyone cares to check. Of course there are cordial arrangements however but as soon as the renting becomes a marginal business for the landlord or they decide to sell the property then it's goodnight nurse to the priorities of the tenant....regardless of how good a tenant they have been.
    You argue my case for me. 
    I can't understand why people want to impose hardship on successive generations. The sooner in life any person or persons get the security and certainty of permanent residency of their own the sooner they turn their hand to opportunity & growth. It's a societal win win.
    For a period after your forced sale & the move into a new premises later on your life was in the hands of someone else. Had you been eligible earlier for a small deposit government equity loan that period would have been much reduced & you would have had the security of being master of your own destiny much earlier.
    You can only live in one house at a time..... why not turn your hand to something else rather than have any ambition to increase your personal wealth to the financial detriment of someone else ?
    The shared equity/rent & buy social housing scheme in WA was the start in life of a large number of local & migrant high achievers here in th 60's &  70's....no stigma & close knit communities of people given a fair & affordable start in life....many of those families are household names across the strata of society here now.
    The use of the term scumbag was worse case scenario stuff.....but it is too often not mutually exclusive in an artificially heated & integrity deficient market environment. 

edited May 2022

thefalcon said:

i had a spiel typed up for Slip then thought na i cbf..you two blokes particularly really should watch that satirical advertisement Carey posted, it is not only likely VERY accurate but very funny.

thunder you thought you had a reply but didn't and relied on another, Who does that replicate? Oh yes.... Albanese yesterday relying on others as well as notes passed on from others.

As far as your comment and Meatpie's re 'Social Status Thing'... Labor for the working class is long gone. Your front bench politicians are all multi millionaires. The nobody if not for a multi million dollar inheritance you really rely on for this election Simon Holmes A Twat and his Simon Says Girl Guide Brigade are also multi millionaires

Don't quote Social Status to me you ignoramuses

[-X 

I notice the  word scumbag has been mentioned in the property market  - hah 

My experience is that the real scumbags in the Property section  are some Real Estate Agents 

I came back to Perth about 12 years ago - simply to keep a relative out of a Nursing home - which i did with her - but there was alot of uncertainty how that was going to pan out - re her health - so i rented a house for approx 2 years before i bought something here . I was an A grade tenant - rent allways monthly in advance - and couple of property inspections each year - all good 

However both the 2 Xmas times i received a letter from them ( this was a major franchise R/Estate agency ) and i should have sent this letter to the W/A newspaper to highly embarrass them 

Now if your a Debtors clerk - you dont send out hurry up notices to your good Debtors who pay on time otherwise you would get sacked for incompetance - but not super dumb - super  lazy r/estate agents - they must  have sent this letter to everyone on their rent roll

The letter was personally addressed and they kept repeating your Christian name - so the letter read as follows 

Dear  ( John Bill Mary Joan etc ) Xmas is a great time - we wish you festive cheer - blah blah - very nice - very good 

The next line . However ( John Bill Mary Joan ) Xmas time in the real estate industry is also known as eviction time 

If that wasnt insulting enough from these dumb r/estate agents - the next line took the cake 

So  ( John  Bill Mary Joan ) please do not spend too much on your XMAS presents and thus get  behind on your rent - otherwise we may have to evict you 

Feucken Real Estate agents - as Paul Keating once said about some group - " they would be lucky to have the ability to tie up their shoelaces "

SLIPPERGOLDEN, curmudgeon, thefalcon, Rex likes this post.

Spoken sir like..an ignoramus to be fair :D

You Lib guys are supporting a loser so say the polls, that will be good for another laugh.

edited May 2022
    ReaL Estate is not about sales but about listings. Can't recall observing a property with a sales person.. Just property tour guides. 

When selling a property these greedy w****** charge for marketing your property.. Signs etc.. Benefits them and promotes their company. Earns them an over generous commission for the actual work effort. An absolute rort.

The above statements are the reasons I sell my own properties.
This discussion has been closed.