G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

Spring Carnival Group 1 tips 2022

East Coast Racing
goosegoose    1,628 posts
Time for my futures bet s for the spring carnival missed Bob Peters this morning on the radio apparently one of his runners is out can someone please confirm.
Really like Western Empire for the Makybe Diva Stakes at Flemington but is only 13 to 1 in the market very short I checked also at this stage Espiona for the Winx Stakes @34
Also Political Debate for the Caufield Guineas hoping he goes that way @15 hoping Magic goes the Coolmore or Serjardan both some value there.
Hoping Slippergolden can dissect the international cups runners to try and find some value for the needy.

Comments

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Saw an item somewhere that Superstorm was coming home

goose likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Superstorm Coming home---. Magic has filled out  to a magnificent individual. didn't strike a dry track first campaign; 2.5 million colt ---Stallion making race the guineas so L.G. he might head that way.  

goose likes this post.

• ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    Whatever Alligator Blood runs in I will be on , except if it’s under $4 ????
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Will be interesting how the Perth Cup winner, Midnight Blue goes in the East for new trainer Danny O'Brien
    edited August 2022

Superstorm Coming home---. Magic has filled out  to a magnificent individual. didn't strike a dry track first campaign; 2.5 million colt ---Stallion making race the guineas so L.G. he might head that way.  

Magic has drawn outside gate in the next at hawksbury  with Pike  on   his coconuts probably hing on this run, first one on  good track for the 2.5mil colt. his last trial was very plain.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts

Magic has drawn outside gate in the next at hawksbury  with Pike  on   his coconuts probably hing on this run, first one on  good track for the 2.5mil colt. his last trial was very plain.

Watched the race(luckily didn't bet)he was run off his legs got busy late charging into 4th, looks like he wants at least 1400 probably doesn't have enough earnings/form for the Golden Rose?
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    Two stone lighter should do the trick
    Watched the replay a few times his run was actual full of merit for what took place in the run and the times indicate he  carved out  less then 33sec. for last 600m. the winner  was home in 33.4 so magic stood him up 6-7 lengths, Stewards vision showed he knuckled over at the start and  caught 4-5 wide in the run & Pike eased him at the 700m losing a length and watching  Mcdonalds mount  Song Writer was a serial pest in the run  to his chance, 

His mother and sister best performance were Rising Romance mother won Oaks.(2400) full sister  Yearning best win so has been thousand guineas (1600).

Think the coconuts  are safe for the time being 
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    QUOTE: One of the nation’s most iconic fashion events won’t recognise the best dressed woman or man this year, ditching the coveted awards in lieu of titles that ‘drive equality, inclusion and individuality’.

Unbelievable. They should follow up from there by renaming the Wakeful...The Wokefull 

Manchild, JimmyPop likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts

QUOTE: One of the nation’s most iconic fashion events won’t recognise the best dressed woman or man this year, ditching the coveted awards in lieu of titles that ‘drive equality, inclusion and individuality’.

Unbelievable. They should follow up from there by renaming the Wakeful...The Wokefull 
    I'm going in a dress and identifying as Elle McPherson. I should bolt in. 8-}

Manchild, SLIPPERGOLDEN, thefalcon likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    679 posts
    I prefer my female companions without a cokk

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• NotapuntasNotapuntas    134 posts
    I've got $2 on Fengarada to win the Caulfield/Melbourne cup double at 10001/1 [-O<

rustyh likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,715 posts
    I thought Vow And Declare was pretty good at his first run back.

Also liked Duais effort first up on the weekend.

Melb cup/Caulfueld cup double must still be about 1200/1.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

I'm going in a dress and identifying as Elle McPherson. I should bolt in. 8-}

Either that or Elle in a hell basket  :D
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,715 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Found some 200/1 about vow and declare.

So far so good

I'm on VAD too unfortunately not at 200s ..got 126 at Ladbrokes last Friday night.

He gave the other 2 7 kgs and only really got going the last 400 they would be very happy with how he is tracking.
    7 weeks tomorrow, wonder how many more runs Obrien will give him before the big dance 1 or 2? I think he might run in the Caulfiled Cup as his final lead up that did the job last time..

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    I have a feeling there is a win in store for Midnight Blue...but in what race I don't know...at some stage during the spring carnival.
  • JimmyPopJimmyPop    316 posts
    Japanese Emperor won well on debut. He looked a nice type. Interesting to see how he goes in the Prelude.
    Gilgamesh said:

Gilgamesh said:

Found some 200/1 about vow and declare.

So far so good

Still needs a group placing at 2300+ to qualify I did not know that, did you G?
    No cigar today as Lane finds traffic on VAD, was a nice run again though and he seems in very good nick.
    Which is all well and good but still needs to(as far as I know)place in a group 3 2500+ or finish top 8 in the Caulfield Cup..otherwise the overs on futures tickets ain't worth jack.

oldhendo likes this post.

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,372 posts
    Be very surprised if McNeil rides Inspirational Girl in cup,just slaughtered Bobs last two :-?

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    Horses to win the Foundation Cup (Naturalism Stakes) and Turnbull Stakes in the same year

2022: Smokin' Romans

2011: December Draw

edited October 2022
    Hasn't worked out for Bob thats for sure.How good is Smokin Romans going stuff.me didn't have a cent on today :(

Changing tack..God I love Annabel Neasham what a great trainer and seemingly lovely person she is.Real asset to racing and a superb horsewoman.
    Knows her stuff very well Top Ranked is off to the Cox Plate.
    CH 7two coverage has a yank sheila doing some interviews I note, i don't have a single clue who she is :))
    Metropolitan and Epsom today were both sensational races.

rustyh likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    I thought Midnight Blue stuck on for 4th in The Bart Cummings in a muddling stop-start race. Usually he isn't on pace and runs on from behind.

His 4 starts so far in Victoria have been: 4th, 2nd, 8th and 4th......so he has done not too bad for a WA stayer in the East. He is still in the Melbourne Cup order of entry/ballot.

Maybe a Moonee Valley Cup might be a suitable option?
  • Precision1Precision1    544 posts
    I thought both of Bob’s were great today.  Midnight Blue was wide for the first half of the race but was still there at the 100m mark, can only improve as long as the tracks stay firm.

Inspirational Girl was as good a run as any in the Turnbull, they crawled up front and she only got out at the 200m mark and was probably the strongest on the line.  She’s actually drifted in Caulfield Cup betting off that which is crazy

BlacksAFake, jum likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts

https://www.racingvictoria.com.au/news/2022-10-03/rv-media-release---no-compromise-and-lunar-flare-handed-cup-penalties-after-weekend-wins

The 7 year old mare Lunar Flare - a 0.5kg weight penalty for the G1 Melbourne Cup (3200m) after winning the G3 Bart Cummings (2500m). This takes her weight for the Cup to 51.5kg. Last horse to win the Bart Cummings and Melbourne Cup in the same year was Almandin (2016) and before that was Brew (2000) and a bit further back.......Baghdad Note (1970). The last 7 year old mare to win the Melbourne Cup was Makybe Diva (2005) and before that was Acrasia (1904).

No Compromise recieved a 1kg weight penalty for the Melbourne Cup after winning the G1 Metropolitan (2400m). His weight for both the Cualfield Cup and Melbourne is now 53.5kg. The last horse to win the Metropolitan and Melbourne Cup in the same year was McDougall (1959). Whilst Tawqeet (2006) was the last horse to win the Metropolitan and Caulfield Cup in the same year.

oldhendo likes this post.

Is it just me or is this Melbourne Cup shaping as the weakest field in quite a few years?

jum likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    the next few weeks will see if that muse is correct.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    the way the weather is playing in the eastern states they will be lucky to race tomorrow, especially sydney.