G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 10 Non Members

Narrogin Trots

Harness & Greyhounds
Hats off to the Narrogin Club for a pretty special Christmas Meeting last night. The Pavillion/Dining Room and the terraces outside were as full as I have ever seen it....Yes, it was their Christmas Meeting complete with a very authentic Santa and Elves in attendance..... but it was a great crowd.

On top of all stakes, every winner on the night collected a bonus $500 cash ....plus an Esky chock full of goodies...750 mL bottle of Scotch, half bottles of Red or white wine, chocalates, bickie presentation packs, a stainless steel hot/cold coffee mug etc etc.....I'm guessing at least  $200 bucks worth of product on top of the esky. Magnificent trophies and a great night to win a race at Narrogin (Hope your reading this Mikipelo).

Bit of a headwind up the long run in saw some swoopers come into play with some great battles up the straight and the first 5 winners all rolled the faves at some very decent odds. Saturday nights is a bit of a black hole turnover wise, especially following a feature day at Ascot but (TabTouch only), the biggest win pool of the night was on the HANDICAP stand and it exceeded a lot of the GP win pools from the previous night. The winner came off 50m and it was a terrific contest.

Just on the kitchen, the $10 buck Hamburger would feed two people, the staff operating it were frantically busy most of the night but unfailingly obliging in knocking up a last minute coffee and brownie slice for a weary patron heading back to Manimup.

Comments

• Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    858 posts
    JayJay said:

Hats off to the Narrogin Club for a pretty special Christmas Meeting last night. The Pavillion/Dining Room and the terraces outside were as full as I have ever seen it....Yes, it was their Christmas Meeting complete with a very authentic Santa and Elves in attendance..... but it was a great crowd.

On top of all stakes, every winner on the night collected a bonus $500 cash ....plus an Esky chock full of goodies...750 mL bottle of Scotch, half bottles of Red or white wine, chocalates, bickie presentation packs, a stainless steel hot/cold coffee mug etc etc.....I'm guessing at least  $200 bucks worth of product on top of the esky. Magnificent trophies and a great night to win a race at Narrogin (Hope your reading this Mikipelo).

Bit of a headwind up the long run in saw some swoopers come into play with some great battles up the straight and the first 5 winners all rolled the faves at some very decent odds. Saturday nights is a bit of a black hole turnover wise, especially following a feature day at Ascot but (TabTouch only), the biggest win pool of the night was on the HANDICAP stand and it exceeded a lot of the GP win pools from the previous night. The winner came off 50m and it was a terrific contest.

Just on the kitchen, the $10 buck Hamburger would feed two people, the staff operating it were frantically busy most of the night but unfailingly obliging in knocking up a last minute coffee and brownie slice for a weary patron heading back to Manimup.

Gee you’d hope the night wouldn’t be a blackhole for turnover when we were running inters heats between races

Cant_Refuse likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,712 posts
    Enjoy your winners pack Rocket.

LightningJake likes this post.

• Cant_RefuseCant_Refuse    198 posts

JayJay said:

Gee you’d hope the night wouldn’t be a blackhole for turnover when we were running inters heats between races

don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,947 posts
    edited December 2023

JayJay said:

Well whats the truth  ?- please elaborate 

Someone posts a happy/pleasurable experience at a WA Country meeting , and the next post in line is from RR and you  just know it will be a sour post and he will try to pisss all over that happy post , and sure as night follows day you will instantly give RR post a like 

So please elaborate on the truth , or havent you got time because your too busy mucking out one of Rockets stable boxes , now am i getting a little bit warm their , id say boiling hot  .
    edited December 2023
    Markovina said:

JayJay said:

Someone posts a happy/pleasurable experience at a WA Country meeting , and the next post in line is from RR and you  just know it will be a sour post and he will try to pisss all over that happy post , and sure as night follows day you will instantly give RR post a like 

So please elaborate on the truth , or havent you got time because your too busy mucking out one of Rockets stable boxes , now am i getting a little bit warm their , id say boiling hot  .

I’m all for a positive country meeting. I’m talking about chucking a dig in about it having more tote turnover then the previous gp meeting. Which is totally unnecessary but We all no it’s anti Gloucester park and would much rather run around at collie in front of a full lawn of 100 people drinking $5 stubbies and racing for ribbons

Rocket_Reign likes this post.

PS I live in Melbourne so I’d say that your freezing cold
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    858 posts
    Markovina said:

JayJay said:

You said he was me a couple of weeks back? Keep throwing darts you might hit the board eventually.
    Good on Narrogin putting on a good night I was more so pointing out that turnover should have been good being run between inters heats.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,779 posts
    Yeah but you're preaching to the rusted on 10% already there punting. You need to be reaching that other 90% that have clocked off by then.

LightningJake likes this post.

• jumjum    3,518 posts
    edited December 2023

PS I live in Melbourne so I’d say that your freezing cold

PS I live in Collie. 
    And yes, I am one of the 200 that sit on the lawn and drink $5 stubbies 
    <:-P
  • JayJayJayJay    7,712 posts
    jum said:

PS I live in Collie. 

The Club puts out 500 chairs each meeting, very few unoccupied....and the 5 buck stubbies are freezing cold.

jum, LightningJake likes this post.

• jumjum    3,518 posts
    JayJay said:

jum said:

PS I live in Collie. 

The Club puts out 500 chairs each meeting, very few unoccupied....and the 5 buck stubbies are freezing cold.
    Agree JJ, bigger crowds than the last 4 GP meetings I've been too.
  • Chopchop43Chopchop43    166 posts
    Well yea of course there is a bigger crowd whatelse is there to do in alot of these country towns on a Sunday afternoon, gp has alot more competition as far as entertainment in its immediate proximity

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts

Well yea of course there is a bigger crowd whatelse is there to do in alot of these country towns on a Sunday afternoon, gp has alot more competition as far as entertainment in its immediate proximity

Just wondering population of Perth CBD v Collie.
    Any idea or Dear with no eyes ??

Markovina likes this post.

• Chopchop43Chopchop43    166 posts

Just wondering population of Perth CBD v Collie.
    Any idea or Dear with no eyes ??

wouldn't know tbh but if you've taken a stroll in Perth city in the past 20 years even blind freddy could see there are more attractive propositions as far as a good night out for the casual viewer than the trots simple as that, where as collie,williams and Bridgetown on a nice Sunday arvo what else is there really to do ??

• jumjum    3,518 posts