G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    20,063 posts
    i don't think he'd get a payout, thunder. i have no idea of the inner workings of the mega complex but i get the feeling it was just a training partnership. did david buy in? i have no idea but in 6 months we will be saying "david who.." as the operation will just keep going successfully.

i don't know how david got the HK gig as he was not a trainer in his own right and you have to be invited. he came over as a bit toffee so maybe some dukes, hons.,earls etc put in the word.
    speculation only...
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,693 posts
    You sell him short, he is a very good Trainer.

Thunderstruck, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,696 posts
    edited December 2023
    I agree he should go well..apparently the money is outstanding to compensate for the stiff rules in place there.
    Saw something where the boffins in charge have just granted trainers to work til the age 66... LOL
    And 70 horses Max. Allowed.

Also, I think his uncle trained there Falc so he is a blue-blooded of sorts, anyway I like the bloke he can't help having a posh voice and I'm quite certain he isn't a snob :))
  • MuldoonMuldoon    344 posts
    JimmyPop said:

thefalcon said:

and promptly got himself into a financial mess...sad to see.

no way ollie will go down that path, that dollar coin tied in the corner of his hankie is the money his mum gave him for his first school lunch.
    I think there will be some big news in the media this week.

Just about to tee off, front page today's West, Oliver v Pinner , looks to be $4M purse to be located
  • ManchildManchild    740 posts
    Pinner " there is 2 sides to every story "  WTF

Tucool likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,292 posts
    Inflation?

JimmyPop likes this post.

• Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    511 posts
    You dont expect people to do the wrong thing, and im not saying anyone did, but power of attorney is a dangerous thing.

Nobody is that busy where they need someone to sign for them, thats a cop out and its lazy and this is the thing that comes from said laziness. I work for a wealthy perth family and there is not one cent of personal wealth unaccounted for let alone loans being taken out on properties without knowledge.

JimmyPop likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,292 posts
    Can't argue with that comment
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    511 posts
    Another article about another alleged fraudster linked to racing on the west
  • thefalconthefalcon    20,063 posts
    pinners life is in ruins. ishould imagine he has teenage or older kids..they suffer as well, the humiliation of it. his wfe could possibly know what went one..look at the sparkler on her finger.
    how these fraudsters think they can get away with it is unbelievable.
    what will happen to him is problematic but you can be assured that D.O. will want his pound (or 2) of flesh....and monetary restitution...
  • MuldoonMuldoon    344 posts
    thefalcon said:

pinners life is in ruins. ishould imagine he has teenage or older kids..they suffer as well, the humiliation of it. his wfe could possibly know what went one..look at the sparkler on her finger.

how these fraudsters think they can get away with it is unbelievable.
    what will happen to him is problematic but you can be assured that D.O. will want his pound (or 2) of flesh....and monetary restitution...
    Is that Wife 2 ?