G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 6 Non Members

GP- Members Sprint

Harness & Greyhounds
GP
Race 1-   Marbeechsam,  Stereophonic,  Spring Line,  The Kraken
Race 2-   Lucca,  Per Ardua Ad Astra,  High Price,  Our Shelley Beach
Race 3-   Mister Montblanc, Sugar Apple,  Ifeel Sikdarl,  Joey James
Race 4-   Sovrana,  Three Rumours,  Rocknroll Sass,  Beyond The Sea
Race 5-   Machnificent,  Cordero,  Goodfellaz,  Mr Fantastic
Race 6-   Chal Patch,  Navy Street,  Otis,  American Bullitt
Race 7-   Watching Our Coin,  Jaspervellabeach,  Thomson Bay,  Firerockfireroll
Race 8-   Ardens Horizon,  Lamandier,  October Reign,  Rupert Of Lincoln

Busselton
R1- Flys At Night
R2- Mega Mach
R3- Im The Best
R4- Follow The Music
R5- Motor On Lilly
R6- Homecoming Queen
R7- Alfa Princess
R8- Briggs On Bond

+1 -1

jum, Gilgamesh, freodockers likes this post.

Comments

  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,687 posts
    R1: The Kraken has to be a major chance of getting crossed. I'm happily backing No4 Machlani EW, loved its last run, sit in somewhere and swoop late.

    R3: Thought this could have a bit of speed early from the 1 and 3 which would suit No4 Sugar Apple nicely, capable of even breezing and winning against this lot. Price has gone but at the same time I don't see anyone else they will want to back to get his price back out.

    R5:
    Very small spec on No3 Mr Fantastic at the double figure price thinking he might get across.

    R6: Market is really suggesting I've got this wrong but I thought this could be a bit of a Voak train master class, jump No4 Deorse to the front and run them in to the ground. 40/1 doesn't cost much to go along for the ride.

    R7: Another very small spec on potential leader No6 Jaspervellabeach.

    Busso

    R3: No1 Major Dalton
    , as long as Peterson doesn't go too slow the $1.85 should be free money, probably get a bit more on top as well.

    R4: No4 He's Royal Blue was absolutely gassed last start over the 2600m, back to the 2030m here, likely to be on the pegs and I think dropping in grade, with a bit of a price drift a great EW play.

    R6: I think as long as he can time turning to face the strands reasonably instead of having her standing there too early like last start No2 Homecoming Queen should be the leader and represents huge value at the $4.

    R8:
    One for the thrill seekers with it being beaten a total of 139m its last two starts but I see a world where No4 Elliegozoom is in front after 200m from which point they don't run it down.

    Good luck all.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Blue Blazer surely clear running will go very close.
    Per Adua Ad A same again tuck away one last crack.
    Franco West 12s fixed place worth a crack.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,687 posts
    Voak train has had a flying start to the year.

    freodockers likes this post.

  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

    Voak train has had a flying start to the year.

    He’s certainly had some angry pills.
    Driving with a bit of aggression and cleaning up ????

    Gilgamesh likes this post.

  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Looks like they wore off just in time for FW.
  • sonnysonny    1,045 posts
    Well done Gilga ,150..BSP

    Gilgamesh, freodockers likes this post.

  • ChrisChris    5,216 posts
    Amazing! I took serious unders too!

    Gilgamesh likes this post.

  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    557 posts
    It wouldnt have mattered if they had 10 races or not.

    WA weather strikes again.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,867 posts
    I think they have some poor rules in harness racing 

    Race 1 Melton last night  - the fave $2.25 into $1.75 and it did have 50 metres on them 

    Sugars normally drives it and it goes well for him - the trainer drove it last night - galloped beaten 400 metres 

    Point is it was the trainers 1st drive in a race - surely you have to have 20-30 drives out in the sticks somewhere - before you can drive at Melton on a Frid night which is the number 1 night for betting turnover 

    If you want to see a willing race/affair have a look at the 15k Oberon Cup at Bathurst last night - havent seen a fast class race like that  run like that for a long time 


    freodockers likes this post.

  • sonnysonny    1,045 posts
    Hey, Some run the 2nd horse...

  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,824 posts
    Markovina said:

    I think they have some poor rules in harness racing 


    Race 1 Melton last night  - the fave $2.25 into $1.75 and it did have 50 metres on them 

    Sugars normally drives it and it goes well for him - the trainer drove it last night - galloped beaten 400 metres 

    Point is it was the trainers 1st drive in a race - surely you have to have 20-30 drives out in the sticks somewhere - before you can drive at Melton on a Frid night which is the number 1 night for betting turnover 

    If you want to see a willing race/affair have a look at the 15k Oberon Cup at Bathurst last night - havent seen a fast class race like that  run like that for a long time 


    Rules in the backwater of Australian Racing (WA) does not allow that to happen.

    Markovina likes this post.

  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    If your going to suspend little old Tony Bertwhistle fur unacceptable drive then why would Nathan or Jett Turnbull get suspended.
    Particularly Nathan.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    557 posts
    Markovina said:

    I think they have some poor rules in harness racing 


    Race 1 Melton last night  - the fave $2.25 into $1.75 and it did have 50 metres on them 

    Sugars normally drives it and it goes well for him - the trainer drove it last night - galloped beaten 400 metres 

    Point is it was the trainers 1st drive in a race - surely you have to have 20-30 drives out in the sticks somewhere - before you can drive at Melton on a Frid night which is the number 1 night for betting turnover 

    If you want to see a willing race/affair have a look at the 15k Oberon Cup at Bathurst last night - havent seen a fast class race like that  run like that for a long time 


    It was a country front meeting at Melton not a metro meeting...

    Chariotsonfire, LightningJake likes this post.

  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,867 posts
    AbbysAce said:

    Markovina said:

    I think they have some poor rules in harness racing 


    Race 1 Melton last night  - the fave $2.25 into $1.75 and it did have 50 metres on them 

    Sugars normally drives it and it goes well for him - the trainer drove it last night - galloped beaten 400 metres 

    Point is it was the trainers 1st drive in a race - surely you have to have 20-30 drives out in the sticks somewhere - before you can drive at Melton on a Frid night which is the number 1 night for betting turnover 

    If you want to see a willing race/affair have a look at the 15k Oberon Cup at Bathurst last night - havent seen a fast class race like that  run like that for a long time 


    It was a country front meeting at Melton not a metro meeting...
    Doesnt matter mate it is totally irrelevant and should never have been allowed 

    Common sense rule would be in Vic -1st say 15-20 drives are on outer Vic tracks - put a WA slant on that , that would be Narrogin , Wagin Kellerberrin and Albany - and when the stewards are happy and signed off with that - you then progress to 15-20 drives at the major Regional tracks - in Vic Ballarat - Bendigo and Shepparton and in WA - Bunbury Pinjarra and Northam

    At that point you can drive at a Melton Frid night Country front meeting or a Sat night GP -  country front meeting 

    That horse was $2.25 into $1.75 and contrary to what Gilga says - $10 e/w bets dont do that , so say there is just a general  allround punter , mainly gallops , but it is Frid  night and i feel like a bet , so he has 2k on it 

    Then after the race someone says to him - you know that was that blokes 1st drive in a race - you would shake your head in disbelief - and say the stupid rotten Red Hots - never ever ever again
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Marko don’t know what the rules are now but back in the day it was so many wins before you could drive at GP.
    That may have been relaxed due to all the country front racing there now. Agree though 1st drive on a odds on in metro area not good enough
    For the punter.

    Markovina likes this post.

  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,867 posts

    Marko don’t know what the rules are now but back in the day it was so many wins before you could drive at GP.
    That may have been relaxed due to all the country front racing there now. Agree though 1st drive on a odds on in metro area not good enough
    For the punter.

    Maybe Rocket can tell us - when he 1st kicked off , how many trials did he have to do to get his drivers license 

    Then how many drives ( and could it be anywhere outside of GP ) and perhaps wins and placings he needed so he was eligible to drive at a Sat night Country front GP meeting or a Frid night normal meeting at GP 
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    812 posts
    Markovina said:

    Marko don’t know what the rules are now but back in the day it was so many wins before you could drive at GP.
    That may have been relaxed due to all the country front racing there now. Agree though 1st drive on a odds on in metro area not good enough
    For the punter.

    Maybe Rocket can tell us - when he 1st kicked off , how many trials did he have to do to get his drivers license 

    Then how many drives ( and could it be anywhere outside of GP ) and perhaps wins and placings he needed so he was eligible to drive at a Sat night Country front GP meeting or a Frid night normal meeting at GP 



    30 trials to drive in a race, can drive a country GP meeting from drive 1. Discretion is on when you can drive metro as a claim driver, it’s decided by Trevor Warwick mostly when he thinks you’re ready

    Markovina likes this post.

  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,824 posts
    Those 30 trial drives have to be passed so not just a matter of turning up.
  • freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Why would anyone in their right mind come up with 30 trial drives.
    Sounds like a cover your arse decision.
  • Chopchop43Chopchop43    145 posts

    Why would anyone in their right mind come up with 30 trial drives.
    Sounds like a cover your arse decision.


    how many would you recommend, I did my 30 it seemed like a fair amount I was just a crap driver no matter how many trials I did
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,867 posts

    Why would anyone in their right mind come up with 30 trial drives.
    Sounds like a cover your **** decision.

    Dead set hopeless system typical of trotting 

    Ive watched plenty of trials - particularly Bathurst for the form and Byford 

    They prove nothing - a typical Bathurst trial , there is 5-6 in it , they string right out , 1st 2  -  30 metres ahead of the next horse , who is 20 metres of the remaining 3 ,and they are all on the pegs  bar steering them you are going to learn very little 

    Contrast that to the bloke who 1st up drove the $1.75 pop at Melton , if he had 6 drives in actual races - outer Vic tracks , like Boort , St Arnaud , Gunbower in full fields - where he might have drawn close in , or wide on the front , back row , he would have to make decisions , horses might break in front of him , so he has to take evasive action , hes got to decide when to make his run , or ease someone out of the way , or he might be pushed wider , that is invaluable race experience 

    6 drives in actual races like that in actual races would be a million times better than 166 trials - and if he had those 6 drives in actual races he would have been so much better prepared - call it race hardened for driving that $1.75 fave 

    Driving that favourite 1st up at Melton  Friday night ( the number 1 turnover night with a big audience ) without 1  actual  race drive under the belt  is beyond ridiculous and typical of Trotting , and that is why alot of people will not bet on the Red Hots - that is their golden rule - dont touch ( bet ) on the Red Hots 
  • Chopchop43Chopchop43    145 posts
    Markovina said:

    Why would anyone in their right mind come up with 30 trial drives.
    Sounds like a cover your **** decision.

    Dead set hopeless system typical of trotting 

    Ive watched plenty of trials - particularly Bathurst for the form and Byford 

    They prove nothing - a typical Bathurst trial , there is 5-6 in it , they string right out , 1st 2  -  30 metres ahead of the next horse , who is 20 metres of the remaining 3 ,and they are all on the pegs  bar steering them you are going to learn very little 

    Contrast that to the bloke who 1st up drove the $1.75 pop at Melton , if he had 6 drives in actual races - outer Vic tracks , like Boort , St Arnaud , Gunbower in full fields - where he might have drawn close in , or wide on the front , back row , he would have to make decisions , horses might break in front of him , so he has to take evasive action , hes got to decide when to make his run , or ease someone out of the way , or he might be pushed wider , that is invaluable race experience 

    6 drives in actual races like that in actual races would be a million times better than 166 trials - and if he had those 6 drives in actual races he would have been so much better prepared - call it race hardened for driving that $1.75 fave 

    Driving that favourite 1st up at Melton  Friday night ( the number 1 turnover night with a big audience ) without 1  actual  race drive under the belt  is beyond ridiculous and typical of Trotting , and that is why alot of people will not bet on the Red Hots - that is their golden rule - dont touch ( bet ) on the Red Hots 

    your so so so very wrong yet again how many times have you even driven track work let alone in a race, most people coming through the system are brought up driving track work along side maybe 2 other horses, trials naturally are a step up from those sort of track work runs, you have the mobile in front of you , you have another 5-6 maybe even more horses around you, it's a great stepping stone from track work to racing, too essential say trackwork-race driving is totally unsafe and irresponsible those 2 situations are miles apart, 30 trials is more than enough race simulation to at least be able to go out there in a race and get around safe without doing anything stupid

    Pinballwizard likes this post.

  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,867 posts

    Markovina said:

    Why would anyone in their right mind come up with 30 trial drives.
    Sounds like a cover your **** decision.

    Dead set hopeless system typical of trotting 

    Ive watched plenty of trials - particularly Bathurst for the form and Byford 

    They prove nothing - a typical Bathurst trial , there is 5-6 in it , they string right out , 1st 2  -  30 metres ahead of the next horse , who is 20 metres of the remaining 3 ,and they are all on the pegs  bar steering them you are going to learn very little 

    Contrast that to the bloke who 1st up drove the $1.75 pop at Melton , if he had 6 drives in actual races - outer Vic tracks , like Boort , St Arnaud , Gunbower in full fields - where he might have drawn close in , or wide on the front , back row , he would have to make decisions , horses might break in front of him , so he has to take evasive action , hes got to decide when to make his run , or ease someone out of the way , or he might be pushed wider , that is invaluable race experience 

    6 drives in actual races like that in actual races would be a million times better than 166 trials - and if he had those 6 drives in actual races he would have been so much better prepared - call it race hardened for driving that $1.75 fave 

    Driving that favourite 1st up at Melton  Friday night ( the number 1 turnover night with a big audience ) without 1  actual  race drive under the belt  is beyond ridiculous and typical of Trotting , and that is why alot of people will not bet on the Red Hots - that is their golden rule - dont touch ( bet ) on the Red Hots 

    your so so so very wrong yet again how many times have you even driven track work let alone in a race, most people coming through the system are brought up driving track work along side maybe 2 other horses, trials naturally are a step up from those sort of track work runs, you have the mobile in front of you , you have another 5-6 maybe even more horses around you, it's a great stepping stone from track work to racing, too essential say trackwork-race driving is totally unsafe and irresponsible those 2 situations are miles apart, 30 trials is more than enough race simulation to at least be able to go out there in a race and get around safe without doing anything stupid
    Aiden DeCampo is the best example to prove that you are utterly wrong 

    Aiden now is a top class reinsman , and 2 great examples of that are the 2 drives he had on Magnificent  Storm ( the 2nd and 3rd drives their ) at Albion Park , a track he would be unfamiliar with , they were sensational , utterly brilliant drives , in 2 very big races he gave that horse every possible hope of winning - 100 out of 100 drives 

    However when he 1st started off was he rough and inexperienced , he use to have drives for Shannon Suavalko when SS was a trainer in those beautiful blue clours , he use to hit wheels , make alot of mistakes , and the only way the rough edges get knocked off are competing in actual races , in full fields where there is pressure , not 5-6 horse trials , alot of the time single file , where there is no pressure at all and no decisions to make 
  • Chopchop43Chopchop43    145 posts
    Markovina said:

    Markovina said:

    Why would anyone in their right mind come up with 30 trial drives.
    Sounds like a cover your **** decision.

    Dead set hopeless system typical of trotting 

    Ive watched plenty of trials - particularly Bathurst for the form and Byford 

    They prove nothing - a typical Bathurst trial , there is 5-6 in it , they string right out , 1st 2  -  30 metres ahead of the next horse , who is 20 metres of the remaining 3 ,and they are all on the pegs  bar steering them you are going to learn very little 

    Contrast that to the bloke who 1st up drove the $1.75 pop at Melton , if he had 6 drives in actual races - outer Vic tracks , like Boort , St Arnaud , Gunbower in full fields - where he might have drawn close in , or wide on the front , back row , he would have to make decisions , horses might break in front of him , so he has to take evasive action , hes got to decide when to make his run , or ease someone out of the way , or he might be pushed wider , that is invaluable race experience 

    6 drives in actual races like that in actual races would be a million times better than 166 trials - and if he had those 6 drives in actual races he would have been so much better prepared - call it race hardened for driving that $1.75 fave 

    Driving that favourite 1st up at Melton  Friday night ( the number 1 turnover night with a big audience ) without 1  actual  race drive under the belt  is beyond ridiculous and typical of Trotting , and that is why alot of people will not bet on the Red Hots - that is their golden rule - dont touch ( bet ) on the Red Hots 

    your so so so very wrong yet again how many times have you even driven track work let alone in a race, most people coming through the system are brought up driving track work along side maybe 2 other horses, trials naturally are a step up from those sort of track work runs, you have the mobile in front of you , you have another 5-6 maybe even more horses around you, it's a great stepping stone from track work to racing, too essential say trackwork-race driving is totally unsafe and irresponsible those 2 situations are miles apart, 30 trials is more than enough race simulation to at least be able to go out there in a race and get around safe without doing anything stupid
    Aiden DeCampo is the best example to prove that you are utterly wrong 

    Aiden now is a top class reinsman , and 2 great examples of that are the 2 drives he had on Magnificent  Storm ( the 2nd and 3rd drives their ) at Albion Park , a track he would be unfamiliar with , they were sensational , utterly brilliant drives , in 2 very big races he gave that horse every possible hope of winning - 100 out of 100 drives 

    However when he 1st started off was he rough and inexperienced , he use to have drives for Shannon Suavalko when SS was a trainer in those beautiful blue clours , he use to hit wheels , make alot of mistakes , and the only way the rough edges get knocked off are competing in actual races , in full fields where there is pressure , not 5-6 horse trials , alot of the time single file , where there is no pressure at all and no decisions to make 

    and this is where you are wrong again, which we are all used to at this point of time, he had to do 30 trial drives too and I guarantee you talk to any young driver who's gone through the system they'll unanimously say its the right grounding to become a competent driver, have you ever actually sat behind a horse or just an armchair driver??
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    557 posts
    Markovina said:

    Why would anyone in their right mind come up with 30 trial drives.
    Sounds like a cover your **** decision.

    Dead set hopeless system typical of trotting 

    Ive watched plenty of trials - particularly Bathurst for the form and Byford 

    They prove nothing - a typical Bathurst trial , there is 5-6 in it , they string right out , 1st 2  -  30 metres ahead of the next horse , who is 20 metres of the remaining 3 ,and they are all on the pegs  bar steering them you are going to learn very little 

    Contrast that to the bloke who 1st up drove the $1.75 pop at Melton , if he had 6 drives in actual races - outer Vic tracks , like Boort , St Arnaud , Gunbower in full fields - where he might have drawn close in , or wide on the front , back row , he would have to make decisions , horses might break in front of him , so he has to take evasive action , hes got to decide when to make his run , or ease someone out of the way , or he might be pushed wider , that is invaluable race experience 

    6 drives in actual races like that in actual races would be a million times better than 166 trials - and if he had those 6 drives in actual races he would have been so much better prepared - call it race hardened for driving that $1.75 fave 

    Driving that favourite 1st up at Melton  Friday night ( the number 1 turnover night with a big audience ) without 1  actual  race drive under the belt  is beyond ridiculous and typical of Trotting , and that is why alot of people will not bet on the Red Hots - that is their golden rule - dont touch ( bet ) on the Red Hots 
    The smart punters would have been betting around the favourite, knowing it was his 1st drive, looking for the value, and it was a 1200mt scamper, who in their right mind would be backing it at odds on?

    Gilgamesh, Cant_Refuse, Chopchop43 likes this post.

  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,687 posts
    AbbysAce said:

    Markovina said:

    Why would anyone in their right mind come up with 30 trial drives.
    Sounds like a cover your **** decision.

    Dead set hopeless system typical of trotting 

    Ive watched plenty of trials - particularly Bathurst for the form and Byford 

    They prove nothing - a typical Bathurst trial , there is 5-6 in it , they string right out , 1st 2  -  30 metres ahead of the next horse , who is 20 metres of the remaining 3 ,and they are all on the pegs  bar steering them you are going to learn very little 

    Contrast that to the bloke who 1st up drove the $1.75 pop at Melton , if he had 6 drives in actual races - outer Vic tracks , like Boort , St Arnaud , Gunbower in full fields - where he might have drawn close in , or wide on the front , back row , he would have to make decisions , horses might break in front of him , so he has to take evasive action , hes got to decide when to make his run , or ease someone out of the way , or he might be pushed wider , that is invaluable race experience 

    6 drives in actual races like that in actual races would be a million times better than 166 trials - and if he had those 6 drives in actual races he would have been so much better prepared - call it race hardened for driving that $1.75 fave 

    Driving that favourite 1st up at Melton  Friday night ( the number 1 turnover night with a big audience ) without 1  actual  race drive under the belt  is beyond ridiculous and typical of Trotting , and that is why alot of people will not bet on the Red Hots - that is their golden rule - dont touch ( bet ) on the Red Hots 
    The smart punters would have been betting around the favourite, knowing it was his 1st drive, looking for the value, and it was a 1200mt scamper, who in their right mind would be backing it at odds on?



    Beat me to the punch. Punters way to want to blame everyone else, im pretty sure you should be taking in to account who is driving the horse when pricing it.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,867 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

    AbbysAce said:

    Markovina said:

    Why would anyone in their right mind come up with 30 trial drives.
    Sounds like a cover your **** decision.

    Dead set hopeless system typical of trotting 

    Ive watched plenty of trials - particularly Bathurst for the form and Byford 

    They prove nothing - a typical Bathurst trial , there is 5-6 in it , they string right out , 1st 2  -  30 metres ahead of the next horse , who is 20 metres of the remaining 3 ,and they are all on the pegs  bar steering them you are going to learn very little 

    Contrast that to the bloke who 1st up drove the $1.75 pop at Melton , if he had 6 drives in actual races - outer Vic tracks , like Boort , St Arnaud , Gunbower in full fields - where he might have drawn close in , or wide on the front , back row , he would have to make decisions , horses might break in front of him , so he has to take evasive action , hes got to decide when to make his run , or ease someone out of the way , or he might be pushed wider , that is invaluable race experience 

    6 drives in actual races like that in actual races would be a million times better than 166 trials - and if he had those 6 drives in actual races he would have been so much better prepared - call it race hardened for driving that $1.75 fave 

    Driving that favourite 1st up at Melton  Friday night ( the number 1 turnover night with a big audience ) without 1  actual  race drive under the belt  is beyond ridiculous and typical of Trotting , and that is why alot of people will not bet on the Red Hots - that is their golden rule - dont touch ( bet ) on the Red Hots 
    The smart punters would have been betting around the favourite, knowing it was his 1st drive, looking for the value, and it was a 1200mt scamper, who in their right mind would be backing it at odds on?



    Beat me to the punch. Punters way to want to blame everyone else, im pretty sure you should be taking in to account who is driving the horse when pricing it.
    Yes but the point is - he should not have been allowed to drive it with a proper competant system 

    And punters are punters - its previous run ( that no other poster would have seen ) Greg Sugars drove it - it did more work than Pure Steel and it was a 1st class run -and it had 50 metres on that field  that why they took the $2.25 

    The system let them down 

    Ak any driver - where do you improve most  from  - actual race drives or trials 
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    557 posts
    Markovina said:

    Gilgamesh said:

    AbbysAce said:

    Markovina said:

    Why would anyone in their right mind come up with 30 trial drives.
    Sounds like a cover your **** decision.

    Dead set hopeless system typical of trotting 

    Ive watched plenty of trials - particularly Bathurst for the form and Byford 

    They prove nothing - a typical Bathurst trial , there is 5-6 in it , they string right out , 1st 2  -  30 metres ahead of the next horse , who is 20 metres of the remaining 3 ,and they are all on the pegs  bar steering them you are going to learn very little 

    Contrast that to the bloke who 1st up drove the $1.75 pop at Melton , if he had 6 drives in actual races - outer Vic tracks , like Boort , St Arnaud , Gunbower in full fields - where he might have drawn close in , or wide on the front , back row , he would have to make decisions , horses might break in front of him , so he has to take evasive action , hes got to decide when to make his run , or ease someone out of the way , or he might be pushed wider , that is invaluable race experience 

    6 drives in actual races like that in actual races would be a million times better than 166 trials - and if he had those 6 drives in actual races he would have been so much better prepared - call it race hardened for driving that $1.75 fave 

    Driving that favourite 1st up at Melton  Friday night ( the number 1 turnover night with a big audience ) without 1  actual  race drive under the belt  is beyond ridiculous and typical of Trotting , and that is why alot of people will not bet on the Red Hots - that is their golden rule - dont touch ( bet ) on the Red Hots 
    The smart punters would have been betting around the favourite, knowing it was his 1st drive, looking for the value, and it was a 1200mt scamper, who in their right mind would be backing it at odds on?



    Beat me to the punch. Punters way to want to blame everyone else, im pretty sure you should be taking in to account who is driving the horse when pricing it.
    Yes but the point is - he should not have been allowed to drive it with a proper competant system 

    And punters are punters - its previous run ( that no other poster would have seen ) Greg Sugars drove it - it did more work than Pure Steel and it was a 1st class run -and it had 50 metres on that field  that why they took the $2.25 

    The system let them down 

    Ak any driver - where do you improve most  from  - actual race drives or trials 
    You dont have to bet?  And his trial drives, you can watch them on the internet. 
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,867 posts
    This forum is just full of excuses 

     The betting on harness racing  apparently at present is shocking - at an all time low 

    And i was just pointing out what i believe is a flaw in the system 
  • MoonrakerMoonraker    96 posts
    Marko - if punters were informed enough to understand how good the last was they would have also understood it had an inexperienced driver this time. 

    There are enough smarties betting that the starting price was reflective of the increased risk from an inexperienced driver.

    If Sugars was on, it would have been a lot shorter than the 2.25.

    thats punting.


    Theres no pleasing you Marko - you crack the sh!ts when favs win all the time and you equally crack the sh!ts when they get rolled.
Sign In or Register to comment.