G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 5 Non Members

Thursdays Bolter

West Australian Racing
One for thunderstruck to get excited about at huge odds....race 2 Simplesness the pin up boy will time his run to perfection....

Comments

• VoodooVoodoo    1,250 posts
    Oh dear....not any more...called off....into the blackbook he will go...
  • thefalconthefalcon    20,063 posts
    weak as p*ss...not the horse, calling the meeting off...the worlds gone mad.
  • VoodooVoodoo    1,250 posts
    Unfortunately falc it is the times we live in......
    yes it sadly is voodoo. i'd hate to be young in this world, your life would be pharqued...

Tucool likes this post.

• meatpiemeatpie    456 posts
    Surprisingly it is not the industry people complaining about the abandonment, it is those sitting in the A/C, sitting by the pool or in a PubTAB.

It's 43 at the Airport at 11.30

tony, thefalcon, Flanders, oldhendo, Tucool, jum, Chris likes this post.

worldwide airports can be the hottest or the coldest so they are not a reliable barometer.
    the first race was scheduled for 3.30 by that time the southerly will be in and the temps around 35ish. or less.
    we could have raced...no problem.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,846 posts
    edited February 1
    Not certain about Perth Airport but I do know most temperature guages around the world are set on the tarmac or concrete and they are indeed the hottest spots... Unless of course you place them under heat lamps. Try walking barefoot on a pavement today and you will get the idea. :-B
    i've often wondered why in the hell they take airport temps..whats the point?
    Preferable for those pushing global warming temperature records
  • meatpiemeatpie    456 posts
    thefalcon said:

i've often wondered why in the hell they take airport temps..whats the point?

With respect, you dont seriously think a weather station at a major airport is sitting on the tarmac. They are modernised, computer controlled set ups.

You have taken that comment too literally