G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 13 Non Members

1994, 1995 & 1996 Railway Winterbottom & Kingston Town

West Australian Racing
Hello There

I am hoping someone might help me.
I am doing a Feature Race Horse Racing spreadsheet.
I am after a copy of results with correct jockey & trainer please from
Railway, Winterbottom & Kingston Town (now Northerly Stakes)
To be 100% certain I would like to see a copy of the racebook or race result please as website like Racing Australia is not always correct over this period.
I have checked the West Australian but nothing in there and emailed WA racing but have not had a reply yet.

Your help would be greatly apprec

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,712 posts
    There were two Railway Stakes in 1994 ..Zaparri (early January) and Island Morn (late December)
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,835 posts
    Also two D . OLIVERS --- David rode Island Morn. to victory in 94 Railway..
  • tonytony    2,384 posts
    edited May 20
    1995 Jacks or Better
    1996 Bold  Extreme

Sourced from an old Miller's Guide
  • ManchildManchild    728 posts
    Jacks or Better, George Daly Trainer ,Jockey Dennis Gundry
    Bold Extreme , Wally Mitchell, Tim Stubberfield.
     Zapari, Simon Marshall Jockey ?

DamienWyer likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,091 posts
    I have an old Millers Guide too.
    1994 Winterbottom 1st Petite Amour 54.5kg , 2nd Bold Extreme, 3rd Sir Tinka 1:10.9
    1995 Jacks Or Better, Tolo Harbour, Don Pasquale 1:11.0
    1996 French Sound, Alabama Whirly, Go The Grey 1:10.6
    Railway
    1994(Jan) Zaparri, Sir Tinka, Asian Incline
            (Dec) Island Morn, Classy Dresser, Calypso
    1995 Jacks Or Better, Foreman, Wabasso
    1996 Bold Extreme, Century Blazer, Bradson
    Fruit N Veg
    1994 Island Morn, Calypso, Pride Of Rancho
    1995 Forge On, Foreman, Starstruck
    1996 Summer Beau, dh 2nd Alcove+Circles Of Gold
  • spinkingspinking    3,776 posts
    Zapari Simon Marshall Steve Richard’s trained it

Manchild likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,826 posts
    One thing I do know for certain is I attended all the races
  • MrDigbyMrDigby    44 posts
    I have all through the 80’s if you’re not interest.
  • MuldoonMuldoon    335 posts
    Zappari

Island Morn
    GK1C&mibextid=2Rb1fB&v=2692898494272719
    Jacks or Better

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,947 posts
    Rodent said:

1994 Winterbottom 1st Petite Amour 54.5kg , 2nd Bold Extreme, 3rd Sir Tinka 1:10.9
    Railway
    Fruit N Veg
    What about one of Geoff Murphys - Marwong , did it win a Railway Stakes and what year was it 

It was an exciting horse , a very talented galloper ,  a bit of a poor mans Super Impose 

Also be interested the name of the race ( it was in the Summer carnival)  where Toy Show that champion filly of T J Smith , might have been owned by Ken Cox a chairman of one of the metro melb race clubs over east , and ridden by Harry White ( it started 2nd fave at about 5-2 because i had plenty on it ) and it beat the odds on fave - one of Barts , perhaps Stormy Rex and the Professor Roy Higgins rode it
    edited May 21
    Wasn't aware that Golden Slipper winner Toy Show raced in Perth, But know Stormy Rex won a western Australian derby without checking. Not sure what year.
  • TigerRocketsTigerRockets    7 posts
    Thank You 
    I need 1994 December meeting

I have where they came
    Just need to confirm the jockey & trainer of each horse if possible by racebook or result sheet
    Can see where racing australia shows Calypso trained by George Hanlon its whole career, confident he only had backend of her career , check tomorrow for sure Hanlon was bob peters go to trainer over east in nineties,

JimmyPop likes this post.

• meatpiemeatpie    444 posts
    Markovina said:

Rodent said:

Railway
    Fruit N Veg
    What about one of Geoff Murphys - Marwong , did it win a Railway Stakes and what year was it 

It was an exciting horse , a very talented galloper ,  a bit of a poor mans Super Impose 

Also be interested the name of the race ( it was in the Summer carnival)  where Toy Show that champion filly of T J Smith , might have been owned by Ken Cox a chairman of one of the metro melb race clubs over east , and ridden by Harry White ( it started 2nd fave at about 5-2 because i had plenty on it ) and it beat the odds on fave - one of Barts , perhaps Stormy Rex and the Professor Roy Higgins rode it
    Pretty sure the horse was Show Ego won the Australian Derby, not sure but did it beat Bounty Hawk

Markovina likes this post.

• NgawyniNgawyni    741 posts
    edited May 21
    All from race books:

1994 Beat Diabetes 2 Stakes - Island Morn (David Oliver, Lou Luciani), Calypso (Paul King, Ross Price), Pride Of Rancho (Simon Marshall, Jim Marconi)
    1994 Winterbottom - Petite Amour (Stephen Miller, Sharon Miller), Bold Extreme (Simon Marshall, Wally Mitchell), Sir Tinka (Shaun O'Donnell, Graham Webster Snr)
    1994 Railway - missing race book (wife made me throw a lot out)

1995 Fruit 'n' Veg Stakes - Forge On (Paul King, Nigel Reid), Foreman (Stephen Miller, Chris Willis), Starstruck (Mark Miller, Kay Miller)
    1995 Winterbottom -Jacks Or Better (Dennis Gundry, George Daly), Tolo Harbour (Paul Dyson, Gino Poletti), Don Pasquale (Brian York, Paul Jordan)
    1995 Railway - missing race book (as above)

1996 Fruit 'n' Veg -Summer Beau (Shaun O'Donnell, Bon Taylor), dh 2nd Alcove (Simon Marshall., Tommy Hughes) dh 2nd Circles Of Gold (Brett Prebble, Brian Smith)
    1996 Winterbottom - French Sound (Paul Harvey, Luke Trew), Alabama Whirly (Paul King, Hec McLaren), Go The Grey (Simon Marshall, Steve Wolfe) 
    1996 Railway - Bold Extreme (Tim Stubberfield, Wally Mitchell), Century Blazer (Paul King, Kevin Leaver), Bradson (Dennis Gundry, Len Morton)
  • RodentRodent    7,091 posts
    I just found a racebook from my trip to Perth in 1997. 20-12-97 C.B Cox stakes day. The opening race was a basic 2yo race. Topweight Celestial Show was a late scratching. It would go on to place 3rd behind Ethereal in the Caulfield Cup. On debut we had Bomber Bill and Kim Angel who both went on to win G1s.

Tucool likes this post.

meatpie said:

Markovina said:

Rodent said:

Railway
    Fruit N Veg

Pretty sure the horse was Show Ego won the Australian Derby, not sure but did it beat Bounty Hawk
    Show Ego trained by T J Smith won the 1977 Australian Derby, carrying the same colours as Toy Show. It beat the odds-on fav Stormy Rex trained by Bart Cummings. Show Ego was 7/2 ridden by Harry White. Stormy Rex was 4/7 ridden by Roy Higgins. Third was Princess Talaria 10/1, also trained by T J Smith.

Wasn't aware that Golden Slipper winner Toy Show raced in Perth, But know Stormy Rex won a western Australian derby without checking. Not sure what year.

Toy Show never raced in Western Australia. It was her stablemate Show Ego, who both carried the same colours. Both related.
    Stormy Rex beat Show Ego in the 1977 West Australian Derby, Waitangirua ran 3rd.
    Show Ego turned the tables by winning the Australian Derby beating Stormy Rex.

Manchild likes this post.

meatpie said:

Markovina said:

Rodent said:

Railway
    Fruit N Veg

Bounty Hawk got beat by the grey Old Currency(Kevin Forrester) in the 1983 West Australian Derby, Old Spice ran 3rd. Bounty Hawk then went on to win the Channel 9 Australian Derby beating Albany Bay - who was trained by Geoff Murphy. 
    Marwong won the 1988 Railway Stakes at 20/1 ridden by Simon Marshall for Geoff Murphy. It smashed the race and state record time 1.33.73 in winning by 1 3/4 lengths in beating the Bart Cummings trained Bowie ridden by John Marshall. 3rd was Congressman ridden by Abbie Smith, trained by Ross Price.
    Marwong was a funny horse. I was at Randwick the day he won his first race after some 20 starts, when he won the Dulcify Stakes.

Markovina, Manchild likes this post.

Can see where racing australia shows Calypso trained by George Hanlon its whole career, confident he only had backend of her career , check tomorrow for sure Hanlon was bob peters go to trainer over east in nineties,

Bob Peters had a number of trainers in the east.
    In Sydney, he raced Old Spice with Bart Cummings. I backed Old Spice when it won a race at Rosehill at 10/1 ridden by Ron Quinton. After quite a few runs in Sydney, it then when back to race in WA.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,947 posts
    MrDigby said:

meatpie said:

Markovina said:

Rodent said:

Railway
    Fruit N Veg

Show Ego trained by T J Smith won the 1977 Australian Derby, carrying the same colours as Toy Show. It beat the odds-on fav Stormy Rex trained by Bart Cummings. Show Ego was 7/2 ridden by Harry White. Stormy Rex was 4/7 ridden by Roy Higgins. Third was Princess Talaria 10/1, also trained by T J Smith.
    I really enjoy your posts - great information

May i say , you have got a highly controversial username , because wasnt Mr Digby that highly controversial galloper , owned by lets say a colourful racing identity in George Freeman - well others say George was a Sydney Gangster and huge SP Bookie  who apparently had  quite a few of the Sydney Trots trainers and drivers on the payroll at one point 

And correct me if im wrong but Mr Digby won a non descript race  at Canterbury  Park with  a huge form reversal , was backed off the map - double figures in  and cantered in by about 7-8 lengths 

MrDigby said:

Bob Peters had a number of trainers in the east.
    In Sydney, he raced Old Spice with Bart Cummings. I backed Old Spice when it won a race at Rosehill at 10/1 ridden by Ron Quinton. After quite a few runs in Sydney, it then when back to race in WA.
    No-one got the numbers that George Hanlon received from Bob Peters, even Bob mentioned in article i am sending the numbers over similar to what I used to sent George Hanlon. Princess Margaret Spectrum, Congressman.
    On Congressman 2nd Caulfield Cup just beaten
    The year prior won Coolgardie, Boulder Cup, just beaten Kalgoorlie Cup. J.J. Miller had a fall on Kalg Cup day done his shoulder couldn't lift his arm thats what cost Congressman winning the treble.1987.
    Bob Peters has always been attracted to who's running hot for stable shifts irrespective . We have seen that with Harper O'Brien',Weir, Waller, and there atrocious records with the blackbox When he shifted to Leek who had six winners in a row over a distance ,and with Bob's main pre requisite Rural Environment. nothing else matters.
    Markovina said:

MrDigby said:

meatpie said:

Markovina said:

Rodent said:

Railway
    Fruit N Veg

I really enjoy your posts - great information

May i say , you have got a highly controversial username , because wasnt Mr Digby that highly controversial galloper , owned by lets say a colourful racing identity in George Freeman - well others say George was a Sydney Gangster and huge SP Bookie  who apparently had  quite a few of the Sydney Trots trainers and drivers on the payroll at one point 

And correct me if im wrong but Mr Digby won a non descript race  at Canterbury  Park with  a huge form reversal , was backed off the map - double figures in  and cantered in by about 7-8 lengths 

Yes you’re spot on , that’s the Mr Digby ????

Thanks everybody for all your help so far.
    From your help and others
    I just want to confirm if these trainers, trained these horses in this 

Fruit N Veg/Kingston Town

SUGAR RAEGALA

LAURITSEN, CW

SCARLET STORMBOY

CORVERM BP

PRIOR ENGAGEMENT

RYAN, GERALD

SECRET WEAPON

PARNHAM, NEVILLE

MOUSER

DO NOT HAVE

RED JAVELIN

O'HARA, FL

PRIME AGAIN

LUCIANI, LOU

DOUBLE DIGNITY

HARVEY, RN SNR

TWIST AND SHOUT

TAYLOR, JP

REGIMENTAL TATTOO

MILLER, W MS

FLYING GRAU

TAYLOR, LEN

DARK KSAR

HAYES, PETER

SEASCAY

HAYES, PETER

BIONIC BESS

NOONAN, TONY

BRADSON

HAYES, PETER

BEAU HEED

WEBSTER, COLIN

SIGNPOST

DO NOT HAVE

PLACIDO

COWLES, NEVILLE

WABASSO

BECKETT, ALBIE

DANEY BOY

MEAGHER, JOHN

BEAUTIFUL ZOE

LALICH, DANNY

POWERFUL PRINCE

MILLER, SHARON

BRADSON

HAYES, PETER

SOVEREIGN KITE

MCNAIR, JOHN

VICTORY DASH

EDWARDS, SHANE

CLEVER JEV

RAMSAY, DENNIS

UNPRETENTIOUS

MITCHELL, WALLY

MERCURIAL MADAM

MORTON, LEN

IRISH RORT

PARNHAM, NEVILLE

QUADRIPEDANTE

BARASS, SIMON

MISS MARGARET

HAYES, PETER

edited May 23

Winterbottom Stakes

Wabasso - Albie Beckett
    Jacks or Better - George Daly
    Asian Decline - Haydn Corps
    Reignline - Gino Poletti
    Key Business - Trevor Andrews
    Surtee - George Daly
    Proto Bay - MH Hockey
    Competitive Spirit - Frankie W Maynard Jnr
    Starbaletta - Sr Casey

Asian Incline - Haydn Corps
    Century Blazer - mark Bairstow or Dr Harrison
    Sir Tinka - Graeme Webster Jnr Gw
    Welcome Knight - Ross Price
    Quadrant - George Daly & Rw Matthews
    Bold Extreme - Wally Mitchell 
    Peter - Jw Wilson

Sundance Kid - Carey Ward
    ciderian - Ms Sl Miller
    Mobile link - AF Smith
    Gold Aura - Steve wallace
    Just Jugah - Keith Mifflin
    Sugar stone - Len morton
    Cash in the bank - Allan Taylor or Grjulisch
    Jacks or better - eorge dalt

edited May 23

Winterbottom Stakes

The Railway Stakes

ISLAND MORN

CLASSY DRESSER

CALYPSO

WABASSO

PETITE AMOUR

STRAIGHT NO ICE 

TOP LUNCH

BOLD EXTREME

SIR TINKA

DENDY PARK

TAOS

SURTEE

PRIME AGAIN

PRIDE OF RANCHO 

STRICTLY BALLROOM

SAMMY THE BULL

ISLAND MORN

QUADRIPEDANTE

CENTURY BLAZER

CRANKY TIKIT

SARINA'S SON

TOLO HARBOUR

URIAH HEEP

LYNSTED LAD

WELCOME KNIGHT

BOLD EXTREME

POWERFUL PRINCE

SOVEREIGN KITE

FRENCH SOUND

GO THE GREY

GILADANE

CORPORATE JAMES

CRANKY TIKIT

CASH IN THE BANK

CIDERIAN

WELL SAID NICO

NUMSING

BOLD-FIM

LUCIANI, LOU

PATTEN, BILL

PRICE, ROSS

BECKETT, AF

HANLON, GEORGE

JONES, PI

MARTINOVICH, EA

MITCHELL, WALLY

PAYNE, NC

DOUGLAS, VJ

LITTLE, COLIN

DALY, GEORGE

LUCIANI, LOU

MARCONI, JIM

LITTLE, COLIN

KEAY, GR

LUCIANI, LOU

BARASS, SIMON

BAIRSTOW, MARK OR DR HARRISON,

SEARLE, SARAH

GREIG, IE OR MS K FLEMING

LEAVER, KEVIN

PARNHAM, NEVILLE

MCGARRY, TK OR HJ HARRISON

PRICE, RW

MITCHELL, WALLY

MS SL MILLER

MCNAIR, JOHN

TREW, DJ

LUGG, JOHN

MITCHELL, WALLY

SMITH, CLIFF

SEARLE, SARAH

TAYLOR, ALLAN OR GRLJUSICH, GJ

MILLER, SL MS

TAYLOR, ALLAN

CAMERON, GR

Cash in the bank 100 percent trained by Allan Taylor,----- Went to Kalgoorlie as a ten-year old won four races with George Grljusich.

JimmyPop likes this post.