G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members

Concerts & Music Festivals discussion thread

Sport

Comments

• TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    I've seen Muse 3 times previously; previous BDO, Metros city & Perth Esplanade. Awesome live act.
    In the end I couldn't make this years BDO anyway, too busy buying a horse :roll:

I reckon it will be worth paying the $75 for CE & BG's show just for the perv factor. I'm predicting 3 to 1 chicks to blokes ratio.
    What am I doing taking one? :doh:
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    said:

I reckon it will be worth paying the $75 for CE & BG's show just for the perv factor. I'm predicting 3 to 1 chicks to blokes ratio.
    What am I doing taking one? :doh:

If you're into Cat Empire and Beautiful Girls, the relaxed vibe of the Blues and Roots festival would suit you - it is a great day out and such a relaxed vibe, no douches and everyone just rocking out to the blues!

http://www.westcoastbluesnroots.com.au/
  • TorpedoPuntTorpedoPunt    1,891 posts
    Pavement playing Metro's friday night, looks like they are in good form

said:

There's a blast from the past.....

They are so good it's not funny Malkmaus a genius.
    There was a smorgasborg of single females at Cat Empire/Beautiful Girls on Friday nite - most with a few wines under there belt too!

Probably going to grab tix this week for Massive Attack and already got tix for Grinners, playing next Sunday at Capitol.
    I'll have to try to ask them to play Bad Funk Stripe, especially after his win the day before!
  • golosgolos    122 posts
    cat empire as usual was a great gig, seen them probly 10 or more times now and never fail. always a great amount of talent around aswell.

how good a few days am i having. cat empire friday, horse won on saturday and AC/DC tonight..
    Anyone know of any spare tickets for Massive Attack tonight?
    If so PM me.

Cheers
    said:

Anyone know of any spare tickets for Massive Attack tonight?
    If so PM me.

Cheers

Is it sold out? Looking forward to a good night out!
    said:

Hope they play heaps of old stuff......not a big fan of the CD I got with the tickets after a couple of listens.

Actually really like it - but I haven't listened to everything they've ever realeased, anyways, looking forward to the show!
    Yep sold out on Weds.
    Aparently they are going to have a set-up outside for drinks, etc.
    We're now just planning to byo some food and bevies and chill out outside and listen.
    $230 more i've got to punt tomorrow :wink:
    Anyone get to Dinosaur Jnr last night?
    said:

Brilliant show Massive Attack...perfect venue for it.

Have to agree, one of the best venues for any type of concert!

I think I saw Chris heading to the bar (if you were wearing a dark grey/black t-shirt and shorts), but with hands full with beers after waiting 30mins to get served, it was a bit hard to say g'day!

• ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    How good?

Massive Attack the best gig of the Summer for mine with a close up second to Eddy Current at Laneway.

Lucky looking at that photo wou were sitting just slightly further back than me. Same angle and everything!
    said:

Lucky looking at that photo wou were sitting just slightly further back than me. Same angle and everything!

Yeah, kept an eye out for you, but you were rushing to the bar, just before the MA set began - and I was going back to our spot with hands full of coopers clear! :lol:

Great show! The new tracks sounded great, as did the old ones, I enjoyed what they did with Teardrop and the crowd standing towards the end was amazing - great show and great night - if they could just get the bars sorted out, it'd be great!
    Bars were f'ing terrible but you know what even worse? Not just bad, but possibly the greatest festival/gig debacle I've seen - the beer list. Some shithouse ginger beer, a light beer and that absolute crap Coopers Clear.

Coopers Clear will be off the shelves in 12 months, it's a horrible drop.
    said:

Bars were f'ing terrible but you know what even worse? Not just bad, but possibly the greatest festival/gig debacle I've seen - the beer list. Some shithouse ginger beer, a light beer and that absolute crap Coopers Clear.

I know - it was pretty awful - for a light beer - the cascades light is actually a good drop, should have just had twice as many of them!

I stupidly got into the eftpos line, so took three times longer than every other line! Imagine if the show had of been bad! :lol:

Hopefully get some good beers tonight at the Brisbane - going for a few hours!
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    "You're world champion now................"
    F'n love The Spoon !!!

Abley supported by Calling All Cars - very Bodyjar-esque
    said:

They brew 4 f$#%ing great beers Stout, Sparkling, Pale and Vintage and then they bring out crap like clear.
    Unfortunately I didn't get to Massive Attack on Friday nite, but was more than compensated by seeing the mighty Grinspoon in fine form last night.
    Pat has got to be one of the best guitarists in the land!

The line-up for Groove In the Moo in Bunbury in May looks pretty good...

Calling All Cars
    said:

The line-up for Groove In the Moo in Bunbury in May looks pretty good...

It does look good - shame they aren't arranging a camping area at the site - that type of thing means I probably won't go! :cry:
  • Has anyone ever seen this band play???

I don't think so....
    They sound very similar to The Living End
  • They are much better than the Living End
    Big call. The Living End are an awesome live band
    said:

Has anyone ever seen this band play???

Multiple times, on their way up.
    said:

I don't think so....
    They sound very similar to The Living End

Funks right - sounds like Chris Cheney recorded through a resistor radio!

The vocals are very similar!
    edited March 2010
    A recording on my iphone of Grinners last Sunday.
    Sound quality a bit low due to the music being a bit louder than what my iphone could handle...

More Than You Are

Chemical Heart

Comeback
    No Champion ???????????????? :cry:
    I have 2 others - Comeback and something else, but they take ages to download