G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Video : Holy Goat with Ian Lenton

West Australian Racing
PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts

Its a firey episode of Holy Goat this week, take a look. 

+1 -1

Tucool, Fastmoney, RIO likes this post.

REDONE dislikes this post.

Comments

• TucoolTucool    156 posts
    brains over brawn everytime :))
  • RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
    Very jealous of all that hair.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    This is hilarious. Keep up the good work :-bd
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Stop wearing a suit to the track. You look ridiculous with all that shit on your face and wearing a suit.

Very funny :-B
  • AquanitaAquanita    566 posts
    It is surprising that Ian hasn't been drafted by the Eagles!

RIO, TheDiva likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Well done great comeback
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    Paul did in fact give Staples a wrap
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited April 2013
    This is on topic isn't it?
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Good reverse back hand by the goat didnt miss the big bloke
  • Buddy23Buddy23    127 posts
    throw out enough tips and your bound to get one
  • SuburbanPunkSuburbanPunk    199 posts
    edited April 2013
    Nothing like a bit of sparring within the racing industry.

Paul has had his say on his website pauljordanracing.com.au

REPLYING TO MY FRIEND IAN (HOLY GOAT).
    Ian, alias the Holy Goat on Perth Turf Talk, you appear to be a little fragile about criticism. The world isn't all about you and in a 1min 25s interview only 14 seconds were allocated to you. I'm sure you're a good fella but you seem to hold the characteristics of your Y generation, that is, you appear to have a smug, entitled and intellectually superior attitude.
    The real push back I was trying to portray was the anonymous, unsubstantiated criticism in emails, phone calls and letters to stewards and heads of bodies within the racing industry criticising licensed people, accusing them of improper behaviour and even straight out lying and cheating.
    I feel anyone making any accusations against licensed persons should sign their written accusation and make an obligation to attend any inquiry resulting from their correspondence. All people under the British legal system should, and are allowed to, face their accusers. So that means, you guys, put away your pseudonyms and be real men and put your names to your mischieveous comments that are made about licensed personnel.
    And I call for all people who love and care about this industry to push back against so much unsubstantiated criticism racing receives which undermines the integrity of all involved.

The bottom line is that both have a passion for the racing industry and verbal warfare through media is more than acceptable.

Well done boys

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts

Nothing like a bit of sparring within the racing industry.

Paul has had his say on his website pauljordanracing.com.au

REPLYING TO MY FRIEND IAN (HOLY GOAT).
    Ian, alias the Holy Goat on Perth Turf Talk, you appear to be a little fragile about criticism. The world isn't all about you and in a 1min 25s interview only 14 seconds were allocated to you. I'm sure you're a good fella but you seem to hold the characteristics of your Y generation, that is, you appear to have a smug, entitled and intellectually superior attitude.
    The real push back I was trying to portray was the anonymous, unsubstantiated criticism in emails, phone calls and letters to stewards and heads of bodies within the racing industry criticising licensed people, accusing them of improper behaviour and even straight out lying and cheating.
    I feel anyone making any accusations against licensed persons should sign their written accusation and make an obligation to attend any inquiry resulting from their correspondence. All people under the British legal system should, and are allowed to, face their accusers. So that means, you guys, put away your pseudonyms and be real men and put your names to your mischieveous comments that are made about licensed personnel.
    And I call for all people who love and care about this industry to push back against so much unsubstantiated criticism racing receives which undermines the integrity of all involved.

The bottom line is that both have a passion for the racing industry and verbal warfare through media is more than acceptable.

Well done boys

'real names' now there is a concept ??
    Yes indeed Damien, using nicknames is unaustralian. :(|)

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    most on here are known, so that doesn't matter...

People need to be able to raise concerns in confidence. I'm very confident the police 1800 number is a very good resource for them... the current set up doesn't work. the past 4 weeks has proven that for me....

Public comment is a lot more fun anyway.. :D
  • Buddy23Buddy23    127 posts
    It seems Paul, under the pressure of race day environment, had a slap at ian and his analysis of that particular meet and ian in return punched below the belt with some personal jibes. Good to see another bookie in our midst with good honest values.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Buddy23 said:

It seems Paul, under the pressure of race day environment, had a slap at ian and his analysis of that particular meet .

=)) =)) =))
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    I cantt recall Holy Goat doing any of what Paul is accusing. 1st Paul had a dig at form analysts, now its forum posters? I do agree about some of the posts re race fixing
    But P J has certainly moved the goal posts

This is the bit that interests me. What exactly is PJ talking about here I wonder?

Radman said:

This is the bit that interests me. What exactly is PJ talking about here I wonder?

There have been a number of letters and emails I am told by several people, concerned with the 'state of racing' and the so called perception that not everything is right. It was a topic brought up at a lunch the other day, to which I didn't have any answers or had even heard that such a feeling was in the public domain. The criticism was that RWWA seemingly give this no credence and it doesn't warrant investigation further.

In an era of falling turnover and attendances at race meetings, this is the last sort of discussion the code needs. I said it before recently on another thread, but this is a time for leadership, not denial.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    geez, no wonder they were to busy too return my call.....
  • ThumperThumper    820 posts
    The way I read it is that Paul is upset at Ian for trying to highlight some of the abnormalities that have been occuring in races that happen to coincide with betting plunges. For whatever reason Paul is upset at this.

RIO, I agree that the last 4 weeks have proven that what the stewards have been doing is not working.

Paul one day you will thank anonymous people like me for rasing this topic on this forum because if people like me don't these issues will continue to be swept under the carpet by RWWA. Or do you perfer this approach?

Carlosa likes this post.

• ICEICE    683 posts

Radman said:

There have been a number of letters and emails I am told by several people, concerned with the 'state of racing' and the so called perception that not everything is right. It was a topic brought up at a lunch the other day, to which I didn't have any answers or had even heard that such a feeling was in the public domain. The criticism was that RWWA seemingly give this no credence and it doesn't warrant investigation further.

In an era of falling turnover and attendances at race meetings, this is the last sort of discussion the code needs. I said it before recently on another thread, but this is a time for leadership, not denial.
    i

I vote Damien on the board of members
    :)]
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    What has happened in last 4 weeks? cant recall anything being written on this site over the last month?
    If the racing industry starts blaming an internet forum and twitter for all it's problem then it really is headed for extinction.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    nothing goose...absolutely nothing, and here we are back to small fields, poor quality racing, dodgy riding, and some very weird direction being given by stewards...

There are a few other things of a private nature i am aware of that can only indicate a system under extreme pressure or under resourced for the role that they are being asked to do....and i am talking within RWWA not PR.. Damien's comment probably explains why.

When you stop and think about it(well me anyway) Paul is just venting his frustration that he finds this industry in..he had the camera and a microphone and made the most of it to give his opinion...the same as what we all do with a keyboard on here....

Lots of frustrated people who care about the industry....just no-one at RWWA seems to see any of it...

Some of those phone calls are mine...not one has been returned.

BobbyDavis likes this post.

• goosegoose    1,628 posts
    For all the issues that are mentioned I really dont think it is stopping anyone from having a bet people dont bet on horses because they dont have the money or just aren't interested and would rather have a bet on sports.
    The Sydney carnival has had some great racing good horses and big fields but has their crowds and betting turnover been up? dont know the answer but it should be.
    ICE I don't believe you or anyone at Perth Racing would value any contribution I could make to the fabric of Racing in this State. I moved on some time ago from wanting any involvement.

So your comment goes straight through I'n afraid.