0 Members & 28 Non Members

vital equine for sale ?

Breeding
DaleDale    1,346 posts
edited June 2015 Breeding
Is that confirmed.

Comments

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Yes he is part of a supplementary addition, most likely towards the end of the sale.
  • TucoolTucool    156 posts
    Most definitely for sale, no reserve , will be sold.
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    I don't know who chooses Touchstone's stallions, but have had some ordinary ones so far
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    most WA ones are......the eastern states would have snaffled them otherwise...or they would not have left Europe or the USA.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Tucool said:

question is who will want to buy it? How many mares it get in the last 2 years?
  • Thoroly_BreadThoroly_Bread    2,311 posts
    Somebody might get in for a couple of hundred, held him and use him as a hack
  • DaleDale    1,346 posts
    i met a lady tonight that says she has the best camp drafter that is by VE.
    paraletic said:

Tucool said:

question is who will want to buy it? How many mares it get in the last 2 years?
    about 120 plus over the last two years.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Sujet will be his next stakes winner

Tivers, helenmr likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited June 2015
    covered 450 in 7 seasons...Just another unpopular WA stallion cos it couldn't get farm hack mares to produce a Railways winner.. Our landscape is scattered with dumped stallions due to poor mares being presented.

A handful of nice mares sent to him last year, and consistently gets winners...But obviously not Stakes or listed ones.. Similar situation to UR!!

EDIT....Flying Peg has far better stat than both UR and VE and look where he is????? Based on how the WA industry dumped him both UR and VE should have been gelded a couple of years back

EDIT AGAIN... War Chant even has worse results than Flying Peg and has a service fee of $17k...

How can anyone workout what the WA market wants with one stallion that has produced more stakes wins out of this lot sitting dormant in a paddock!?!?!?!? Someone else can explain that to me, cos I have no idea.
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    FP had a couple of handy horses, but has a shocking overall strike rate. The trainability of his progeny though is the main reason he has ended up where he is. They are nearly all head cases.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Yep I know..the only ones we have had have all be\en very well behaved...but not performed....But you speak to people who have mares and they want to go to stallions that produce Stakes winning horses He did it.

UR has a great strike rate...but hasn't won stakes races......And then in amongst all that we have people saying the right stallions aren't coming into WA......what's the right stallion??? One who produces stakes winners, r ones that have a good strike rate...With such a contradiction it is damn hard to get the right stallion that people will pay for.

VE is a middle of the road WA Stallion. Produces winners, but only 1 group/listed winner and with over 120 services in the last 2 years, you'd expect someone would want him on their roster for a cheap serve. But reckon they wont get a bid
    I'd buy him for 20k. am i in the ball park though?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    no idea at all what stallions are worth, but being unreserved it may get it.. I would have thought they could have moved FP on the same way and they couldn't or didn't
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Patronize went for $60k with a lot less runs on the board.
    people go on about "stakes winners". how many stakes races are there on the calendar?
    i'd be more thn happy with a good, honest horse who worked its way through the classes..regardless of its bloodlines.
    don't forget that if you win a few stakes races here in perth..you are stuffed.
    give me a nag that is sound and gives me 4 or 5 years of fun....

jum, paraletic, Makybedon likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    RIO said:

covered 450 in 7 seasons...Just another unpopular WA stallion cos it couldn't get farm hack mares to produce a Railways winner.. Our landscape is scattered with dumped stallions due to poor mares being presented.

A handful of nice mares sent to him last year, and consistently gets winners...But obviously not Stakes or listed ones.. Similar situation to UR!!

EDIT....Flying Peg has far better stat than both UR and VE and look where he is????? Based on how the WA industry dumped him both UR and VE should have been gelded a couple of years back

EDIT AGAIN... War Chant even has worse results than Flying Peg and has a service fee of $17k...

How can anyone workout what the WA market wants with one stallion that has produced more stakes wins out of this lot sitting dormant in a paddock!?!?!?!? Someone else can explain that to me, cos I have no idea.

Think you missed a decimal place with FP's strike rate.
    Isn't in the same galaxy's as UR or even VE.

After 2 seasons (ave ANNUAL SR)

FP - 18.75%
    VE - 28.55%
    UR - 42.15% (53.5% this season one of the highest in the country, of all stallions)
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    The_Bull said:

Patronize went for $60k with a lot less runs on the board.

Is E&E's brother - nuff said

thefalcon likes this post.

But can Patronize produce ? $60,000 is a cheap experiment to purchase a Stallion, but it only becomes more expensive if they don't upgrade their broodmares. It doesn't matter who is brother is, he was near on ordinary as a racehorse, and to expect him to throw quality animals is the stuff of WA fantasy breeding. The fact that he has only thrown a $163,000 five time winner, and that is his best, really is a strong indication of his ability. His new owners may change a few of those numbers, but not to any great extent.

I personally wouldn't buy Vital Equine. He has had plenty of support and produced next to nothing.
    The_Bull said:

FP had a couple of handy horses, but has a shocking overall strike rate. The trainability of his progeny though is the main reason he has ended up where he is. They are nearly all head cases.

A filly I purchased for Sam trialled today, after refusing to load two weeks ago. Geoff Martin turned her around, and Jim Taylor now seems to have the secret to getting her calmed down.

I would be reluctant to ever buy another Flying Pegasus, as they are indeed nut cases, but this one is worth the hassles.
  • helenmrhelenmr    2 posts
    Hi I just wanted to write a comment not about VE who sounds like a disposable quantity, sad. I wanted to ask opinions re
    Glass Harmonium I know some of you have already commented.[quite awhile ago] I was going to send my mare to him but bought a colt GH from Great Southern Sale [weanling] instead bit late to ask I suppose.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Tivers said:

RIO said:

Think you missed a decimal place with FP's strike rate.
    Isn't in the same galaxy's as UR or even VE.

After 2 seasons (ave ANNUAL SR)

FP - 18.75%
    VE - 28.55%
    UR - 42.15% (53.5% this season one of the highest in the country, of all stallions)
    And there lies the fiscal nature of figures...i was talking about stakes winners......not my measurement but i keep hearing if the stallion doesn't produce stakes winners then you don't have a stallion
    rio, old pal, you rabbit on about stakes winners......UR is doing a fantastic job just getting winner after winner. the stake winner will come, its just that we have very few stakes races...and even most of them are defacto stakes races.
    bet you'd love to own UR, rio.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    not me Falc, i present the stupidity of rabbiting on about stakes winner.....i like the S/Rate analogy a lot better, like Tivers highlighted, but what info fo stallion owners carry on about????

I'd prefer a good UR over a bad FP or VE.haha.......but everyone promotes how many stakes winners they have?!?!
  • Thoroly_BreadThoroly_Bread    2,311 posts
    Legless said:
    How many of them has Bob won?
    Flying pegasus has been gelded and being used as a teaser. So I've been told.
    nice job.... :P
    Dale said:

Flying pegasus has been gelded and being used as a teaser. So I've been told.

No still a bull and just swishes flies away all day.
    Anyone going out today for the sales ?