G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Demerits update

Breeding

Comments

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Just looking through results, and Spangled Impact was a $2,000 purchase at the Winter Yearling Sale. That is a remarkable turn around on such a small investment.
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    maybe this years crop of Demerit 2 yr olds will be Gold.

I for one certainly hope so!!!! :P

RIO, CPL likes this post.

The Colt I bought for Sam, has now moved onto pre-training, so it won't be too long before we start to hear reports on where he might be as far as looking at the major two year old races. I think he will miss them as he is very far behind with this being just his first prep.
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    Then why the f__k even mention the "major two year old races" Damien?  (:|

Our untrialled Oratorio has been in work about a month now. I think the Winterbottom may come around a bit too quick for him....

Carlosa, Piston_Broke likes this post.

Then why the f__k even mention the "major two year old races" Damien?  (:|

Our untrialled Oratorio has been in work about a month now. I think the Winterbottom may come around a bit too quick for him....
    Well because he is going to be later than that. 
  • BillycatBillycat    4 posts
    So sorry to hear of Demerit's accident and glad to hear he is on the mend. We have his daughter Zoe Zephyr. She is just two now and will definetly not race until three. Going to be a small horse but very strong and well built.  No rush.
    Have you broken her in @Billycat ?

I also have a filly - is not tall however seems well put together. Has been broken in - had a break and will now go back in.

Will know in about 4 weeks whether to push on or bring her home until next year
    A leading Trainer referred to him yesterday as a "highly under rated Stallion". I hope there are a couple of good ones on offer in February.
  • ColourfulRDColourfulRD    480 posts
    Any update on Demerit. Someone tells me he passed on
  • Pink_BluePink_Blue    74 posts

Any update on Demerit. Someone tells me he passed on

Not sure where you heard that ColourfulRD, as far as I know he is on the farm enjoying a year off and recovering from his accident earlier this year.

RIO likes this post.

• ColourfulRDColourfulRD    480 posts
    Good news
    Another good result.
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    I got a colt this year by Demerit from my Commands Mare. Can't fault him so after many many bills and plenty of luck you never know.

Makybedon likes this post.

I know it was only Mt Barker but I (possibly biased) must say 'What a Drop'(Matilda Bay x Demerit) win on Sunday showed the horse may have some ability down the line. (4 wide most of trip) I don't think I have ever seen a horse so green when hitting the straight, tried to do everything possible to throw it away but still won fairly easily as fav. Fingers crossed for a few more.
    Side note, will be very interesting to see what Lot 149 Spangles x Demerit brings at the sales as this is the full sister to the rather impressive unbeaten 'Spangled Impact'.
  • SuperSnoopSuperSnoop    164 posts
    Pink_Blue said:

I know it was only Mt Barker but I (possibly biased) must say 'What a Drop'(Matilda Bay x Demerit) win on Sunday showed the horse may have some ability down the line. (4 wide most of trip) I don't think I have ever seen a horse so green when hitting the straight, tried to do everything possible to throw it away but still won fairly easily as fav. Fingers crossed for a few more.
    Side note, will be very interesting to see what Lot 149 Spangles x Demerit brings at the sales as this is the full sister to the rather impressive unbeaten 'Spangled Impact'.

you reckon it goes as good as penalty point?  :)]
    Honestly couldn't and wouldn't want to compare based on that run. It was so green and all over the place in the straight but still had the natural ability to go to the line. I rate Penalty Point, won't win major city races BUT collects cheques
    Demerit has the potential to be a very good sire for WA. At the upcoming sales here in Perth I would suggest anyone who is a Trainer or buyer of racehorses, should look at his stock as it will improve in the next 12 to 18 months. His injury this year will certainly be a body blow to his numbers, but he can bounce back from that with good support from Breeders.  It's the reason why I strongly wanted to buy one of his Colt's last year, and if in the same position this year, I would do so again. In my opinion, he is one of the better prospects going forward in WA.
    Appreciate the kind words Damien, if you didn't have a little look at Lot149 you would be mad... Full sister to 'Spangled Impact' who has been freaky thus far.
    Admittedly, like most Lonhro's they can take a bit of time to fill out but they seem to have a good bit of natural ability. Fingers crossed.
    Good to see the Demerit's firing at the moment. Spangled Impact was most impressive in her trial yesterday whilst Jimmy Taylor's Recoiled accounted for its rivals in a fairly impressive nature on Saturday

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    A very astute buyer bought the younger sister to Spangled Impact at the recent sales and with about 6 owners signed up already I reckon they could be in for a lot of fun by the end of the year!!!! If I was anymore specific RWWA/OO would be in me like a ton of bricks ATM!!!!!

Great cross Pink-blue and those concerned with the mare. You'd swear the yearling was a twin
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited March 2016
    RIO said:

A very astute buyer bought the younger sister to Spangled Impact at the recent sales and with about 6 owners signed up already I reckon they could be in for a lot of fun by the end of the year!!!! If I was anymore specific RWWA/OO would be in me like a ton of bricks ATM!!!!!

Great cross Pink-blue and those concerned with the mare. You'd swear the yearling was a twin

Any more shares left RIO  :D
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Which RWWA department do you work for @jum ???? Haha. If your interested mate send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you some info. It's not going to be a PTT horse, but it's always a good ride with our horses. Win, lose or draw!!!
    Not being biased but I reckon they got that one for an absolute steal... I am seriously contemplating buying back in myself.. Spangled Impact is absolutely flying, be interesting to see how she goes up against the special S.Miller brigade.
  • CPLCPL    632 posts
    My Demerit was going to go traveling with us to all the outback bush races from the Kimberly, QLD and NT as we love the picnic races that much. Training and preparing your own horse with no license and following strang rules that are 50+ years old like all horses to be in a offical paddock weeks out from the race not to be touched then one week to prepare it before the first event. Racing twice in 4 days!!! The Mail Man Run in Mt Isa has good prize money and the Calcutta to buy your own horse is a great atmosphere. BUT now I may have to breed something not so good and this Demerit will get green grass and tempered weather not cattle crates, dry grass and melting tempertures. Lucky little bugger I'd say.

RIO, jum, Legless, Pink_Blue likes this post.

I may have one that can takes its place in the cattle crate :-<

CPL likes this post.

• CPLCPL    632 posts
    Unfortunately they can't carry a brand!!!
    Seventh individual winner for Demerit today. Captivated Point won by 5 3/4 len at Albany in Race 1. Looks a highly promising horse that will get to town eventually.
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    Is Demerit going to be covering mares this season?
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Was about to ask the same myself.
    Got a couple of mares in mind.
    Afternoon all,
    Just to let you know he is well and truly back to health and I am sure eagerly anticipating the breeding season ahead.
    He will be covering mates and currently has a good quality book.
    As you all would have seen of late he has had some fantastic winners and some knocking very hard on the door.
    We would all like to thank his and our supporters and really appreciate some of the kind words people have said to us about him both here and in the flesh.
    If there are any enquirers please do not hesitate to get in touch and best of luck to everyone for the weekend, watch out for 'Juendis' and 'Captivated Point' on Saturday at Belmont.

silky likes this post.