G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

Eastern States Racing

East Coast Racing

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Not sure why it drifted so much in the betting. I ended up having saver bets on the winner and the top weight so I still won on the race. But Missile Strike goes in the blackbook. Looks far more genuine than Autumn that's for sure. 

jum likes this post.

I would have ended up with odds of 3.75 after deductions,and it SP'd @ $5.50  :((

jimbo1 dislikes this post.

• octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts

Have had a crack on Yankee Rose tomorrow in the Golden Rose and also a little bet on it for the Cox Plate, heard it has improved and the money has come for it. Is 42/1 to win the plate but those odds arent worth anything if Winx gets there...

Anyone know the last 3yo filly to win the plate without looking it up? It was before I was born...

• AquanitaAquanita    566 posts
    Occy I see you have quickly moved on after your AFL season has ended.

I moved on about Round 8.
    @-)
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    octavius said:

Have had a crack on Yankee Rose tomorrow in the Golden Rose and also a little bet on it for the Cox Plate, heard it has improved and the money has come for it. Is 42/1 to win the plate but those odds arent worth anything if Winx gets there...

Anyone know the last 3yo filly to win the plate without looking it up? It was before I was born...

Surround 1976

therealkramer likes this post.

Aquanita said:

Occy I see you have quickly moved on after your AFL season has ended.

I moved on about Round 8.
    @-)
    You wouldnt have seen me talk about footy on the sports page since ealry in the season, we were going nowhere but backwards this year...
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Bart was stiff that was a shocking ride by Ollie dead set
    dungy said:

Lets play Same stable, Spot the Stallion...
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    I just woke up after night shift and missed the race, where can I see a replay please ?

How long were you asleep for Sleeping Beauty?

They have invented something call the internet.

Open Internet Explorer, google Racing.com, signup and watch replay.

Nine days in a row, four of them 10 hour shifts learning Roulette. Finished at 4AM, comatose around 5.30AM. Mentally knackered.

Thanks.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    octavius said:

About as asleep as your footy team Thursday night lol lol they tell me Jack Daling has high electricity bill lol lol
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
     I know its only early days and it is real hard to do but from a Melbourne cup point of view there was a lot of merit in  last years winner  run yesterday in the Makybe diva.Might go have the cups double
    dungy said:

octavius said:

About as asleep as your footy team Thursday night lol lol they tell me Jack Daling has high electricity bill lol lol
    With that anchor next to your name you should be worried about being anchored near the bottom of the ladder for the next 4 years rather than our mob, your list is in struggle street.
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited September 2016
    dungy said:

:-? was given every possible chance.

Owners would do themselves a huge favour by avoiding coming up against Palentino again - on that race, if bart is fully fit and injury free he has little hope of beating it.
    Weir said before the race ( something like)  that Palentino probably needs the run and will be improved by it :-O

Serious carnival horse
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Does BHB get the mile at the top eastern states level? Or is Palantino a gun?
    :-?? para - maybe the soft track yesterday was the difference - bart yet to win on anything worse than good.

Was a terrific run - 3 lengths back to the 3rd horse - he just bumped into one better than him on the day.

My guess is Palentino is one out of the box
  • spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    I reckon he just struggles that little bit at the mile against the top liners Para. Mind you in saying that Weire did say on there work together during the week he fought BBH would have Palentinos measure. Dungy think you have been a bit harsh on Olly where do you think he erd throughout the run
    Some reasonable arguments above, never noted the soft track so it may have been the issue.
  • ManchildManchild    679 posts
    BHB does NOT get a mile , I dont think its won above 1400 , but only going from memory.
  • tolleshunttolleshunt    82 posts
    Bart was left a sitting duck  is a horse that loves to chase, Swap the runs and result may have been different, Ollie not at fault moved up on corner hoping Entirely Platinum and others would drag him at least some way up the straight but they all stopped dead leaving him in front 400 out - not his go, advise people to just wait and see how the underwood goes can tellyou now he won't be going to the front at the 400 next time , cheers

jum, rustyh likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    Manchild said:

BHB does NOT get a mile , I dont think its won above 1400 , but only going from memory.

in his first prep he ran third twice in listed races to Respondent and Itsahymn over the mile and 1800m   
  • Jlee92Jlee92    6 posts

Manchild said:

He has also raced over 2100 at WFA and the horse to beat him was delicacy.....

Was only 2nd up wouldn't right him off yet

jum likes this post.

edited September 2016
    be a fool to write him off - just think on that run  palentino has his measure
    Respondent gets a mile.
    edited September 2016
    Fragonard, Warwick Farm race 7 # 9- I'm backing up here on account of a shocking ride by Jeff Penza at Kembla Grange last start where Fragonard was backed from $3.70-$2.80 but was given a torrid run three deep when it was pulling for more rein. Sat behind the eventual winner, the drifting fav, First Approval($2-$2.20) who controlled the race and Fragonard couldn't sprint with that horse when it let down. It was on equal terms not long after the finish. Godolphin's horse should be 2/2(it was $3.1-$2.5 when winning on debut) so whilst this is a rise in class, it gets a weight pull on most of the field and the booking of Avdulla is an upgrade.

L-)
    Spirit Bird racing today in Newcastle