Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Eastern States Racing

East Coast Racing

Comments

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Yeah nah average horse over there...
  • bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    Probably not as good as they think Para, but given no hope just the same the way it was ridden.
  • motivatedmotivated    334 posts

Probably not as good as they think Para, but given no hope just the same the way it was ridden.

I agree it was way too short today given the gate, however Hall really had no choice, it jumped like a rocket, you cannot just sit there and they will wait and let you cross....still a touch disappointing and can't win the thousand guineas on that.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts

As soon as Nick Hall rode the ears off Whispering up the hill from the 1400 metre start, it would have needed to be a champion to win. And i'm not talking through my kick. Hall should know that the 1400 at Caulfield is more like a 1500 metre race, unlike Flemington where the track is flat.

I just hope that no one took the poison on offer today. 
    :(
    He knows and I'm sure close family friend Matt Campbell does too. I heard they were going to do a version of that TAB ad featuring Greg Hall and the Tripps but it would have been X rated such is Tripp's love for the former hoop. :-\"

As soon as Nick Hall rode the ears off Whispering up the hill from the 1400 metre start, it would have needed to be a champion to win. And i'm not talking through my kick. Hall should know that the 1400 at Caulfield is more like a 1500 metre race, unlike Flemington where the track is flat.

He knows and I'm sure close family friend Matt Campbell does too. I heard they were going to do a version of that TAB ad featuring Greg Hall and the Tripps but it would have been X rated such is Tripp's love for the former hoop. :-\"

:))
  • ColourfulRDColourfulRD    480 posts
    Drew wide so was always going to be difficult, once you work hard up that hill at Caulfield your in trouble. 
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    Jlee92 said:

Manchild said:

BHB does NOT get a mile , I dont think its won above 1400 , but only going from memory.

He has also raced over 2100 at WFA and the horse to beat him was delicacy.....

Was only 2nd up wouldn't right him off yet

Solid win in the Underwood today

Ridersonthestorm33, Jlee92 likes this post.

• PCPC    2,190 posts
    A WA Quinella in the Underwood Stakes: 1st - Black Heart Bart, 2nd - He Or She. Great result.

Ridersonthestorm33, therealkramer likes this post.

@Bondyjnr Must have enough to retire early by now?  $-)
  • Whispering learnt a lot today, we always have said the Guinees is her goal, right barrier correct weight, good ride she has a chance. Black Heart & Heorshe were written off very early when they went east, I bet now those people have learned. Patience is not a virtue for gamblers.
  • tolleshunttolleshunt    82 posts
    Hats off to Vaughan Sigley to advise the owners especially Bart that its future was over east, and not try to be the one that had to train them, well done Sigs and hope you get another star shortly..
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^^ well said, tolly...... =D>
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts

Plenty did, started $2.10

TheDiva said:

Plenty did, started $2.10

:-h X_X

bookielover likes this post.

• AquanitaAquanita    566 posts
    PC said:

A WA Quinella in the Underwood Stakes: 1st - Black Heart Bart, 2nd - He Or She. Great result.

Not bad for the backwater of Australian racing according to some self declared experts on all things equine.

therealkramer likes this post.

Aquanita said:

PC said:

Not bad for the backwater of Australian racing according to some self declared experts on all things equine.
    It appears to me, Aquanita, that WA racing is  kilometres behind Victoria and NSW, particularly in the way their racing is conducted and in other areas such as the treatment of their on-course bookmakers.

None of that however, should detract from the fact that every State, irrespective of the weakness and inability of those in authority to run racing to the satisfaction of its participants, has produced some magnificent horses over the years.

W.A produced champion sprinters like Placid Ark, great pacers like Pure Steel and many others, while South Australia produced Rain Lover to win two Melbourne Cups and Desirable who won a Newmarket.

I have never potted the so called weaker States for their inability to produce great horses.

I'm not a member of the WA Turf Club or Perth Racing or whatever it is called.

While I can't claim that the racing experience here in Victoria is perfect, it is a far better experience facility wise and price wise, ask Falcon about the beer price at Caulfield for example, compared with that in Perth.

I continue to read on this forum about members angst at the inability of the powers that be who run racing in this State, to provide their members and supporters a product, and a day at the races which will encourage members not only to attend, but to continue to renew their membership every year.

They obviously do very little to attract the general public. Who could possibly forget Divas photo of the near empty betting ring at Belmont.

And that, Aquanita, is one of the main issues which probably places WA racing in the realm of being a backwater of Australian racing.
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited September 2016
    Without legislation change on course bookies are dead men walking. Racing will go on without on track bookmakers whether anybody likes it or not. We are lucky to have raced horses in every state in Australia and one thing I will say about Perth is its still the best place in Australia to race horses as an owner.
    please expand on the last comment, NSS.
  • WyongiWyongi    152 posts
    The other week, on a Friday, there was a metropolitan meeting in Adelaide and the only bookie who was to attend pulled the plug because at the previous mid week meeting he said he wrote 20 tickets on the course for the day.He said it was a waste of time turning up.

Wyongi said:

The other week, on a Friday, there was a metropolitan meeting in Adelaide and the only bookie who was to attend pulled the plug because at the previous mid week meeting he said he wrote 20 tickets on the course for the day.He said it was a waste of time turning up.

It's pretty stuffed there, Wyongi. Only 4 bookies work at Morphetville on a Saturday. And they only get a few extras for their Cup day and for Melbourne Cup day. I reckon that Adelaide will be the first city where you won't have a local bookie working on a Saturday in town, unless they can convince some Melbourne bookies like James Filgate, who has worked there in the past, to work there.

Wyongi dislikes this post.

the number of satchel swingers is about the same as Perth on some Saturdays..
  • WyongiWyongi    152 posts
    edited September 2016

Wyongi said:

It's pretty stuffed there, Wyongi. Only 4 bookies work at Morphetville on a Saturday. And they only get a few extras for their Cup day and for Melbourne Cup day. I reckon that Adelaide will be the first city where you won't have a local bookie working on a Saturday in town, unless they can convince some Melbourne bookies like James Filgate, who has worked there in the past, to work there.
    I understand for Adelaide Cup Day a lot of the "backrow" Melbourne bookies are invited to Adelaide to make up the numbers. 
    I do hope I'm wrong about Adelaide being the first State without a Metro bookie operating, Wyongi.

The President of the bookies Association Barrington is in his 70's, and I reckon the other 3 are in their 60's. So unless they can get a couple of locals to take out a bookies license, it's an unfortunate fact of life that it's going to happen.
  • PCPC    2,190 posts
    Real Love goes bang and salutes WA galloper Rogan Josh (who turned 24 today) and wins the Group 3 JRA Cup at Moonee Valley with top weight of 58kg. Good win - well done Real Love
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Ball of Muscle being aimed for the winterbottom

Legless, RIO likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Amovotio in the last at Randwick
  • TheSwooperTheSwooper    1,717 posts
    Damien Oliver is very hit or miss at the moment. Almost wish he wasn't riding the ones I really like.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

HARTNELL!!

I hope you all took my tip for it the other week, whatever feature race it contests it'll win, Caulfield Cup is nailed on and if Winx doesn't run it'll win the Cox Plate aswell

:-\"
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    edited October 2016
    Only bet I've had all day at Flemington was win only Akavaroun at $31 :-&
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

good horse! promising for connections to he's found form again.. this horse won it's first 6 or 7 starts early days... he isn't far off a win H, be sure to follow up