G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 22 Non Members

Comments

• tofarkennardtofarkennard    177 posts
    Herd same sort of stories staff get wages on Friday arrvo b broke on sat morning cards n two up fri nite

curmudgeon, savethegame likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    I reckon you might have been a decent jock that got a bit heavy tofknhrd....you sound like you knew the ropes.

tofarkennard likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    Twig Ruler had already won a 2yo maiden at Bunbury on debut. The Kal race was 1st up as a 3yo.
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    edited December 2016
    Wow, he was pretty well bred to be punching around at Kal. He was by Twig Moss (41 stakeswinners, 8 individual Group 1 winners) from a Melbourne stakeswinning (Debutante Stks) Showdown mare.
     Actually, his older full sister Olive Branch won a Blue Diamond Prelude.
    Rodent said:

Twig Ruler had already won a 2yo maiden at Bunbury on debut. The Kal race was 1st up as a 3yo.

it was many moons ago I just remember they got a heap outa the ring good old fashioned plonk
  • TucoolTucool    156 posts
    thefalcon said:

didn't porky train a horse called Vintage Dance? I remember it well...... ;)

I use to work him when I was a young fella.

Tucool said:

thefalcon said:

must have a good story to tell mate ?
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Tucool said:

thefalcon said:

yes....vintage Dance was tab country horse of the year at least twice back in the day when you could drop down in class with a few 'ordinary ' runs lol
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ wish they still had those days.... :((

Rex, curmudgeon likes this post.

• RexRex    397 posts
    thefalcon said:

^^ wish they still had those days.... :((

Wouldn't it be something if some of the old school had a session to talk about some of the old tricks SOME of you got up to.

curmudgeon, thefalcon likes this post.

• roscorosco    2 posts
    PORKY BIG BLOKE..WINE BARREL IN SHIRT..PULLED SOME BIG PLUNGES EARLY YEARS..HAD THE GOOD GEAR ..HE WAS A CHARACTER !  R.I.P.
  • roscorosco    2 posts
    anyone know if they found phil colembera ( jockey ) body up north.. ?  they found his dog but no phil? he was one funny guy and one of alby smiths close mates, phil would go anywhere for a ride.
    rosco said:

anyone know if they found phil colembera ( jockey ) body up north.. ?  they found his dog but no phil? he was one funny guy and one of alby smiths close mates, phil would go anywhere for a ride.

not that I heard of met his auntie many years ago she wasn't to hopeful was a good money rider did a fair bit of riding for steve wolfe back in day good strong heavy weight jock .
    Herd a story once a couple of jocks tampered with the old fashioned scales at Newman races the night before the meeting phil colembera lobed on race day after wasting for meeting ....When jumped on scales to check his weight couldn't believe his eyes hadn't been that light since apprentice!!!

Offthebit likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^^^ dear oh bloody dear...tell us more..... :-?
    Can't remember whole story no one got a unfair advantage scales were just a few kilo lighter across the board !

Desperado likes this post.

• Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    Demolition was another Porky won heaps of races with, Bronze Command unbeatable at York, in the 70's Porky got Sestich and Grigsby going as apprentices.Star God was the best horse he trained
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    Hard to imagine, Porky actually started off as an apprentice

JayJay likes this post.

twig ruler pride of cork another 2 handy ones
  • TucoolTucool    156 posts
    great family, always looked after me.