Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members

I don't want Nick Kyrgios representing my country, Australia

Sport

Comments

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    TheDiva said:

tanking = group 1 flog... 

Why? Because you can bet on sports now? There's a number of reasons why a sportsperson may perform below par on any given day. You rarely know what's going on in their lives or what they're thinking.

paraletic likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    TheDiva said:

Plenty of so called winners out there that are bigger flogs.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    paraletic said:

TheDiva said:

Apart from Lewis Hamilton Name two more
    :D

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Hahaaha good call
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    D'Oh !
    Beat me to it.
    edited December 2016
    jum said:

paraletic said:

TheDiva said:

Conor Mcgregor

• jumjum    3,512 posts

jum said:

paraletic said:

TheDiva said:

Conor Mcgregor

=))   =))  =))

I love Connor, He is all show for the Cameras. His Profession is a supped up version of WWF except these guys a dinkum when they get in the ring.

I was at Crown when Macgregor Knocked out Aldo. Have not been to a better event that was not live.

Left Crown and raced across the bridge for last years inters final.

:-&

Massive weekend this time last year. Not doing it this year though

:((  :((

hash likes this post.

Im divided on how I feel abt McGregor. But grabbing Aldo's belt like that before the fight whilst Dana laughs like a schoolgirl with crush-I hope Aldo chokes him out like Diaz.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts

Yep im also not a fan of either of them @Paulo.
    And your most likely right Kramer, he may never have the right attitude or ticker to play at his peak for two weeks/7 matches...what a waste if thats how it pans out...
    Just to clarify.. u do or dont agree the hate is justified??

As long as we are talking about what he does or doesn't do on the court(talking abt his opponent's partner, abusing umpires/spectators, tanking) then I agree the hate is justified. I was never a fan of some of the stuff Hewitt pulled and just because he was winning doesn't make it ok. Some of the hate for Kyrgios(think Dawn Fraser) is race related, you can't deny that and I don't condone it.

couldnt give a rats about his ethnicity..tanking is a disgrace always will be..Who cares about what dopey Dawn said, just waffle from a dementing mind!!

As for Hewitt yes he was somewhat annoying but he was mentally tough and NEVER dogged it ONCE..toughed it out 85/90 % fit for years ..what would limpD kyrgios do??? Throw in the towel in a heartbeat and has done already too often(altho Tomic is even better at that)

Thats why he is "hated" by lots of people and that is fair imo.

cisco, jum likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts

therealkramer, Thunderstruck likes this post.

jum said:

paraletic said:

TheDiva said:

Michael Clarke

Thunderstruck, Tivers likes this post.

James Hird
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts

TheDiva said:

Why? Because you can bet on sports now? There's a number of reasons why a sportsperson may perform below par on any given day. You rarely know what's going on in their lives or what they're thinking.
    you think tanking in sport is ok? 
    nothing to do with betting as far as im concerned, its all about character. 

jum, tony likes this post.

edited December 2016
    TheDiva said:

TheDiva said:

you think tanking in sport is ok? 
    nothing to do with betting as far as im concerned, its all about character. 
    Not but I head the story of a punter who was staying in the same hotel as Roger Federer once going up to him and chatting about a close Wimbledon final where Fed missed a crucial forehand shot  against Nadal. The punter in question had backed Federer heavily to win. It just screamed passive aggressive. If i were an elite level sportsman I wouldn't give a flying **** if anyone lost a dime on my failures.

If you have twitter you know very well the not so subtle sooking that goes on by the media departments of the corporates when a sporting result goes against trend. The memes are just so witty.
    edited December 2016
    As for tanking- Sport is like a hurdle race-you have to jump them all to win. Whether Kyrgios-or any other sportsperson-falls at the first or last or any in between is irrelevant. I doubt Stosur has ever tanked and you could hardly question her character. But that doesn't change the fact that when things get tough she goes to water quicker than a Viking with a case of unfulfilled blood lust.

Scoring is different in tennis anyway-unless you retire 'hurt', you have to keep going until you or your opponent wins enough points. There's not game clock. I have seen too many NRL sides to remember who didn't show up but the simple fact the game is 80mins long means they are going to get 50pts or more put on them.

I have posted previously about my dislike for betting the line when a team is conceding points. But in certain circumstances it is money for jam. When you can predict a side has basically written their season off and/or the coach has lost the locker room then it's time to break out the pineapples and bet.
    I wonder if Conor would fight this bloke for $100m? MMA rules, of course.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited December 2016
    jum said:

@jum We both know what Dawn Fraser said was racist. That's not playing any card it's calling it as i see it. Is Kyrgios a flog? A lot of the time he is but so was Hewitt. There were far more defending him though that there are Kyrgios. Now why do you suppose that is?

Hewitt and Kyrios are Poles apart when comparing Levels of Flogness.

And I "SUPPOSE" far more people defended Hewitt because on the court he gave his All, he had a never say die attitude. Hewitt earned the right IMO to carry on like a bit of a Dickhead.

Kyrios, is a front runner that gives up as soon as it gets a little bit tough, Blames everyone else bar himself. Thinks he is gods gift who doesn't need a coach or have to work hard to become a great tennis player.

I don't think Race has anything to do with it IMO. I 100% agree in yours and Para's assessment of Dawn Fraser. Once she made those stupid comments she lost the last bit of respect anybody had for her. 

Hewitt hasn't always been squeaky clean particularly when he was No 1 a looooonnng time ago.
    He once complained to an umpire when a line call didn't go his way. He argued that the linesman was favouring James Blake because they had "something in common". They were both African Americans. But he grew out of his immaturity eventually. But it took a long time.
    But to my knowledge at least Hewitt never refused to receive serve and walk to his chair before the servers ball had even crossed the net.
    In my opinion Kyrgios should of got 12 months. The word tanking doesn't even do his actions justice.
    His antics bore me, but to leave the spectators and sponsors, let alone punters short changed is unforgivable and he should be harshly dealt with.

thefalcon, jum likes this post.

edited December 2016
    @detonator The overt racism by Dawn Fraser was in response to his on court tantrums-something John McEnroe is celebrated for-and his sledge of Warwrinka regarding his girlfriend. The was no suggestion of tanking by Kyrgios at that stage so they are separate issues. The ATP clearly should have sanctioned him far more severely than just fining him-he's a top 20 player with endorsements so $10k is chump change. His antics directed at Wawrinka lost my support. It was a cheap shot against someone who should have earned enough respect. Warwrinka has since gone on to win a third grand slam title, whilst Nick still hasn't even made a slam final.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Saw Kyrgios arriving at Perth Airport on the news tonight.
    He reminded me why everyone thinks he is a first class c***head.

Thunderstruck, jum, oldhendo likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    we will all watch his behaviour with interest. lets hope tennis aust. does also... :-B
    turned his back to basil zempalis during interview...never took his eyes off his phone as magazine tried to interview him..left the cup ball at 10pm to play games on his computer.....nice bloke.. X(
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I'm peeved at Channel 7 seemingly condoning their shithouse behavior. On the TV ads, Kyrios and tomic are labelled the "Aussie rebels"

There are rebels in sport which can be celebrated....and then there are these 2 wankers

oldhendo, jum likes this post.

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited January 2017
    thefalcon said:

turned his back to basil zempalis during interview

He might just not be a fan of Basil's work. :P
    I'd turn my back on Basil, and I'm a delight.

JayJay, PAUL, oldhendo likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited January 2017
    Led Zempilas wouldn't have a word said against Kuriarse on 6PR this morning. Basil brushed off accurate comments from co radio host Mills

Basil Brush... Ha Ha Ha! Boom Boom
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited January 2017

Basil Brush... Ha Ha Ha! Boom Boom

Basil Brush, now I reckon he would have been more of a Boris Becker fan. :-?

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I thought it was called "Fast" four tennis.

I just wish the media both print and TV completely ignore the brat...give him zilch in the media.

tennis aust. is gutless...sort of like the UN.,,,do NOT get me started!!

Thought he was really good tonight.
    Spoke well.
    Great insight to their thought processes during the match.

Winsumlosesum likes this post.