G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 18 Non Members

I don't want Nick Kyrgios representing my country, Australia

Sport

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    might have been, Tivs but the mongrel will come out..cannot help himself...the guy is a *unt..

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Tivers said:

I'd turn my back on Basil, and I'm a delight.

I'd never turn my back on any bloke named 'basil'  [-X
  • hashhash    7,495 posts

haha stick to what you know Nick, politics aint your thing buddy...

"Nick Kyrgios takes aim at US president elect with anti-Donald Trump t-shirt"

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/nick-kyrgios-takes-aim-at-us-president-elect-with-anti-donald-trump-t-shirt/ar-BBy46s2?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    i wonder if an anti Nick Kyrgios shirt would sell well? 

:D
    i'd buy one so long as the brat received no % of the cost... X(
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Didn't know you could wear boardies at a grand slam
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Tivers said:

Didn't know you could wear boardies at a grand slam

Nadal wore 3/4 length shorts for years. Not sure if he still does.
    More so the pattern on them.
    Anyway, they work - dishing out a flogging to some poor qualifier.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    @Thunderstruck This would be the thread

Yep im also not a fan of either of them @Paulo.
    And your most likely right Kramer, he may never have the right attitude or ticker to play at his peak for two weeks/7 matches...what a waste if thats how it pans out...
    Just to clarify.. u do or dont agree the hate is justified??

As long as we are talking about what he does or doesn't do on the court(talking abt his opponent's partner, abusing umpires/spectators, tanking) then I agree the hate is justified. I was never a fan of some of the stuff Hewitt pulled and just because he was winning doesn't make it ok. Some of the hate for Kyrgios(think Dawn Fraser) is race related, you can't deny that and I don't condone it.

couldnt give a rats about his ethnicity..tanking is a disgrace always will be..Who cares about what dopey Dawn said, just waffle from a dementing mind!!

As for Hewitt yes he was somewhat annoying but he was mentally tough and NEVER dogged it ONCE..toughed it out 85/90 % fit for years ..what would limpD kyrgios do??? Throw in the towel in a heartbeat and has done already too often(altho Tomic is even better at that)

Thats why he is "hated" by lots of people and that is fair imo.
    kid's in some fine form atm - Nick Kyrgios beats Novak Djokovic at Indian Wells to progress to quarter-finals

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Twice he has beaten the Joker recently i think but last time he lost to a relative no name next round..has to capitalize on opening up draws for himself but does appear to be on the right track at least(and i saw hewitt in his corner at this tournament that can only help is he coaching him?).

As a side note his compadre Tomic has been spectacularly pathetic lately having dumped 6 or more 1st round matches consecutively plus dogging Davis cup duty last month.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    And now plays Federer in the quarters
    Doesn't try against no names, that's his problem

H-BOMBER, Thunderstruck likes this post.

The champ chopped up Nadal too in the last round, could be hard to beat...very interesting match today this one Tabtouch odds : Federer $1.57 Kyrgios $2.35

Backtracking a match (but not detracting from Kyrgios beating him twice of late)I reckon Djokovic could be coming down a notch, turns 30 in May I think, has been SUPER hard on his body for 7/8 years..just a hunch...maybe same same Murray but I think the great Serb might be more mortal now and forever more..

Highlights the fact that IF Kyrgios focuses hard and commits 100% he can be top 5 before the year is out...maybe by the US Open..eg..he has way more upside than Raonic, Wawrinka is ageing etc etc
    That was an anti clhmax, retired due to overnight illness...
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    The only poisoning Nick has done Thunder is to the Aussie public!

Im trying not to bag him at the minute and give him the benefit of doubt but given his history its expected some scepticism may be floating around the traps LOL

Good for Federer I reckon he will win this tournament now...

^^ And win it he did from his bunny and compadre Stanley Wawrinka 6-4,7-5..A Grand Slam and a Masters tournament victory from 3 starts this year...

not bad work from a 35 year old hey Nicky boy..

thefalcon likes this post.

^^ the guy is a legend both on and off the court.... =D>

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Sure is Falc undoubtedly all class and playing as well as he has for 5/6 years too..
    He is a serious chance of winning another Slam this year!!
    and he will retire as soon as he feels it is the right time...he is a legend..... ^:)^
    Very good effort by Kyrgios narrowly beaten in a super tight 3 setter a few days ago..competed hard all the way.

It was no disgrace losing to Federer who went on to win his third tournament from 4 starts this year.."just" the one grand slam and two Masters level trophies and a mere 3/3 in the best 3 tournaments of the year so far...a feat he last achieved 11 years ago, what a legend he continues to be.
    Love his replies, good to see a sport star / celebrity actually reading the comments then going one step further and replying like he does :))
    Lmao so do i good stuff.

Hope his mind is firmly on beating the Seppo's in the Davis cup starting tomorrow.That poof Tomic's off getting a new ticker somewhere :P
  • The_Real_PetermanThe_Real_Peterman    192 posts
    edited April 2017
    @JohnA Wimbledon or the US Open are definitely winnable slams for Kyrgios but Murray and Djokovic make wake up from their slumber soon. Novak just doesn't have that killer instinct since marriage and parenthood.
    OR..are the "big two" just tapering off their absolute peak by say 5 or 10% TRP?? both 29 turning 30 real soon and I think I may have commented before The Joker in particular has abused himself physically for the last 6/7 years now..this catches up on or burns out some athletes..don't knock a champ yes I know.

VERY interesting times for the rest of this year for sure.

Kyrgios has definitely improved his demeanour, Hewitt has been of great assistance no doubt..keeps his nose clean consistently and he is a top 5 player in waiting I don't think there is any doubt about that.

Plus the great one will figure prominently in the rest of the slams this year too even the French imo, is all over Nadal confidence/skill wise.

@Thunderstruck If Nadal can get a 10th French Open that would be something. Deserved favourite given the top two are off their game and the form player on the circuit is not really at home on clay. Maybe there's another slam in the Stanimal?
    Would be something great for sure.I just think Fed can go fairly deep in it maybe at least to the semi's and as we now know he has wound back the clock and is a previous 5 time finalist winning once??...do agree faster courts suit him more but I wouldn't write him off completely.

Stanley in which tournament? French? not impossible I suppose ...Nadal's to lose I do agree
    edited April 2017
    Don't write off Stan. He shocked the world(for the 2nd time) when he beat Novak in the 2015 French Open final when everyone was talking about the calendar year slam. Remember Novak was up a break of serve  in the 5th set against Nadal in the 2013 semis only to lose 9-7. With the Spaniard out of the way in 2015 he was expected to roll right over Wawrinka. Stan also stopped him in 4 sets in last year's US Open final when a 9-4 underdog.