G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members
R1: No1 Herrick Roosevelt. Has shown enough to think that he should be leading and winning. That said we haven’t seen enough of 3 Ace Bromac to really judge how good he is. The form line is there through The Publisher to say Herrick beats him but I think he probably went a bit unders at his second run compered to his first. He might be a horse with electric gate speed who knows? Bad Round is racing ok although I would have liked him to win it Tuesday. 9 Topnotch Mach went to the line bolting at his first start for the new stable, they can get them going so is a very interesting runner. El Sunami and The Storm Chief will be running on and Disco Under Fire can possibly cling into 4th using the pegs. Early Quad: 1. FF: 1/3,9/3,9,12/2,3,5,9,10,11,12. 100% costs $20. Might have something a place Topnotch Mach too.

R2: No2 Responder. Pretty keen on this guy. Think Voak can sit him up nice and close and go woosh late. Give The Pacesetter a good chance of crossing but he has tended to get tired late in his races although the 1700m should help. Hot Fraternity is the one who has been in the stronger races. Thought his last run was interesting, had a chance to come off and even have a crack at trying to win it but was hell bent on staying on the pegs. To me that suggests that maybe the horse isn’t going as well as he can. At his best he is the horse to beat. Early Quad: 2,4,7. Win bet No2 Responder.

R3: No5 Hidden Bad. There are easier races going around to punt on than this! I like the engagement of Grantham on the mare, she was getting home ok under her own steam last time. Just think the driver/horse combo may click. There are a few here that are in my punting stable but they can win without me here. Early Quad: You could go the field but I’m staying skinny. 3,5. Back Hidden Bad to win and something small the 3 in case he crosses.

R4: No3 Military Master. Not many horses around racing better than him at the moment. Neither he nor 1 Im Master Charlie have much to say they are blistering early from the mobile but neither is anything else so I thought they could settle one two and potentially dominate. Perhaps Natural Disaster pushes forward off the mobile just to make it a bit more of a race. Plenty of talented horses going well in this but I just think the 1 and 3 dictate, smash the clock home making it too hard for anything out wide making Aussie Delight a blowout chance. Early Quad. Again depending on how you think it will be run you could go field but I’m taking 1,3,6,10. Including Frosty Flyer goes against how I think the race plays out but I loved how he was flashing to the line. Not sure if I’ll have a bet maybe something very small Frosty Flyer.

R5: No6 Ohoka Kentucky. Obviously Soho Wall Street has been fantastic at his last three and has to be hard to beat. I’m not convinced that leading is his go, I’m also not convinced he will even lead as I think Rycroft is a very solid chance of crossing him. I loved Ohoka Kentucky’s last run. If they slacken at any stage he can be put into it or he can sit sprint. EW all day. Main Quad: 2,4,6. EW Ohoka Kentucky.

R6: No2 American Bootscooter. Some cracking talent in this line up. The 1 has good gate speed but I think they would be mad to try hold up, is way unders in early markets IMO. American Bootscooter doesn’t have good gate speed but I think Lewis can get him to do just enough to push through and take it up. From there if he runs up to his last run he wins. A chance they could go too hard early which I think brings 10 Johny Disco into it from three back the pegs. I think Zach Maguire will find this hard. He made up all his ground when they went 29.2 after they went hard early, they are likely to run consistently fast in this making it really hard for him to get into it. I still have to include him but if he wins will go up a notch in my rating. Harry Hoo was too big last week not to have, I think Clint has chosen the wrong horse. Could lead, could get a good sit so must go in. Main Quad: 2,3,9,10. I want to back Bootscooter but he is well found in the market. Think it will drift if not will have something EW Harry Hoo or Johny Disco.

R7: No3 Run Oneover. This should be an absolute belter. I’m not sure who leads out of the inside 3. I just figure regardless of where he lands Run Oneover can just keep running the sectionals. A lot of chances though. Excitusinthecity is going to win one soon. Sheer Rocknroll is obviously stepping out of mares grade but mares in form, you just have to have them. Boaz was ok first up. Keep going back to Run Oneover running them into the ground. Main Quad: Just going to anchor the 3, don’t want to play much with the quad with it including the trot.

R8: No10 Sunnys Little Whiz. I haven’t seen a trot race for months before watching a couple of replays tonight so I’m no guide! I do have good memories though of Sunnys Little Whiz. Taking 1 Kell Road Kid because it steps, 6 Imhavinaball because of how it ran through the line on May 15. Leaving out Hudson Bay. Main Quad: 1,6,10

R9: No2 Cyclonedomic. I had something small this guy tues and he ran ok. The 1 gets out well, have a sneaky feeling Roberts might be able to sneak in behind it. Couple of dollars EW at the 60/1.

R10: No4 Ready For Takeoff. What a race!!!! Some well deserving connections of one of these is going to get a thrill. Ready For Take Off has done nothing since arriving but I thought he was a good looking horse so that alone gets him on top.

Good luck all.
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33, Fastmoney, TSS likes this post.

Comments

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,278 posts
    Race 1- Herrick Roosevelt
    Race 2- Hot Fraternity
    Race 3- McClinchlie
    Race 4- Natural Disaster
    Race 5- Soho Wall Street
    Race 6- Zach Maguire
    Race 7- Run Oneover
    Race 8- Sunnys Little Wiz
    Race 9- The Real Nadal
    Race 10- ExcelnSucceed

;)

JayJay, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• BetonmeBetonme    210 posts
    Race 1- Herrick Roosevelt
    Race 2- Responder
    Race 3- Hidden Bad
    Race 4- Aussie Delight
    Race 5- Three Blind Mice
    Race 6- Campora
    Race 7- Our Jimmy Johnstone
    Race 8- Sunnys Little Wiz
    Race 9- Four legged frenzy
    Race 10- All about pink
  • TSSTSS    1,401 posts
    Brilliant write up Gilla.

I love the winter months at GP. Always great to get there in the wet and cold. Makes interesting racings and always a lovely atmosphere with the patrons and members eating a warm meal and drinking hot chocolate.
  • TSSTSS    1,401 posts
    Gloucester Park

2/BLINDING LIGHT & HOT FRATERNITY 
    3/HIDDEN BAD & MCCLINCHIE
    4/MILITARY MASTER & NATURAL DISASTER
    5/SOHO WALL STREET & RYCROFT
    6/AMERICANBOOTSCOOTA & ZACH MAGUIRE
    7/OUR JIMMY JOHNSTONE & RUN ONEOVER
    8/IM HAVINABALL & SUNNYS LITTLE WHIZ
    9/BETTOR THAN MONEY & FOUR LEGGED FRENZY
    10/READY FOR TAKEOFF & RAFFAELLO

$10 on each of these for the win $180 all up.

Roughies for the place...

1/ERGO
    2/COEUR DE WHITBY
    3/PAY ME CULLEN
    4/SKIPPY RASCAL & CHELSEA ROYALE
    5/VANQUISHED
    6/JOHNNY DISCO
    8/ENJOY A MALIBU
    9/CYCLONEDOMIC

$10 a place on each $90 in total.

• JayJayJayJay    7,664 posts
    I'm a bit keen on Johhny Disco from the draw tonight at a bit of each way odds. West ratings have Soho Wall Street at 3.50. Few horses in better form.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,732 posts
    Go Harry you little star!!

cisco likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,900 posts
    I see in todays  paper Roy Annear died

I can remember seeing him often at the Trots - as his wife said - had a great partership with FRK - from memory won quite a few of those juvenile classic races . She also mentioned one year they had 100 winners - which is some effort

He had a personal tradgedy which you wouldnt wish on anyone - but he seemed like a decent sort of bloke .I can remember going to a Pinjarra night meeting many many years ago - at the old  triangular track - and a few minutes before one particular race - down near the winning post where i was standing - there was a bit of a brawl ( and they reckon society has got more violent) - 3 or 4 young  blokes - in their early 20s - and decent punches were being thrown and landed - Roy was in the vicinity and he actually  broke up the  fight - i can remember him saying in a very authorative voice - Come on cut this blooody nonsense out .

No he seemed like a decent sort of bloke - certainly loved Harness Racing - so rest in peace Roy

Offthebit, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,799 posts
    Stand corrected roy annear had lot success with jack retzlaff if my memory serves me right think it was with jack retzlaff when   annears   had 100 winners in a season,from there complex at Baldivis ?.
    Concur totally Marko...AR Annear made a huge contribution to Harness Racing. Summerfield Stud...bought over highly credentialed stallions Romeo Hanovover and Adios Vic, imported classy NZ horses. No doubt Alan Parker will detail everything out at a later stage as only he can do but those Red with white Vee colours (South Freo Footy Club) were everywhere back then. Off the top of my head, Pacific Ruler, Lumber Leon, Nautilus, Timely Score, Chevy Chase, Speedy Cheval, Tiger Maid etc etc. Again, off the top of my head, Jack Retzlaff was the private trainer for most of them down at Baldivis....FRK had some in his stable but definitely Jack was the main trainer utilising FRK, Phil Coulson and Woody as the main drivers. Later on Ross Olivieri also got a guernsey.  Of course, Roy is eternally linked to the G.Hall juggernaut,  when he got a bad knee knocker from Annear to train. I think it was Colt Eighty Two or something similar when Hally was first starting out and he got it going to win a few races, the result of which Roy offered him his half brother to train.....Zakara....and the rest is history. His son was Wade killed in very sad circumstances some years back. From my very casual and infrequent dealings, he always had the time of day to talk to anyone. Loved his harness racing.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,278 posts
    Sad news about Roy Annear but well said JJ, Marko.
    Had some top horses in the 80s and as well as his love of the trots he was also President of both the South Fremantle FC & later the WAFL.
    RIP

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,799 posts
    Think same fella worked as a foreman for retzlaff when he trained over 100 closer to 140.When hall
    snr reached a 100 winners in a season he was his foreman also....They had a good mare called honest talk...Annear or other  family members also had another  free for all mare with olivieri tempest bravdo ?could be wrong....There was one there that could run the hands of the clock and belt the free for -alls on the track but he was half the horse race night seanui.Jack told me he had some special names for him.
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    As far as Owners go, there was none bigger
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,841 posts

As far as Owners go, there was none bigger

Probably rivaled by fellow seafood mogul in Mick Lombardo.

Roy was also a big punter and he went head to head with Lucky Kalaf and others when at his peak.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Thinking Tempo Cavallo might be the FFA horse??....think it got killed or died prematurely but was very smart, raced a lot in NSW when Olivieri was based over there....and your right, Seanui could fly...was a brown horse.

• sonnysonny    1,064 posts
    Smooth Gina died in Sydney and was racing against the best.Raced against Kramea Duplicity trained by Lou Cini 
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    When I was a young bloke I drove an old duffer in a stand at Northam. Fave was Timely Score....one of Annears nice horses off 50 m driven by Phil Coulson.
    After a lap TS caught up and I went to progress my horse to the breeze in front of him so I could get the 1x1 on him. Perfect move.
    TS then put on the afterburners however and Coulson yelled "get out of the effin way" as he burnt on by..
    Bwahahahaaa....funny the things you remember.
    Vale Roy.....he loved this game.