G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 23 Non Members

I don't want Nick Kyrgios representing my country, Australia

Sport

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Early 2-0 lead and how goods the rookie Jordan Thompson going..Bernard who?? Dont need him at all..

Nicky boy continues his good form with a clinical tough straight sets win..
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    French Open meltdown......how can we encourage him to play under another banner rather than Australia's???

rooboy likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    He'll make a run at Wimbledon and the US Open and then everyone will love him again.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    i struggled to like him from the start, but way too many dummy spits. Trade him to Spain, or Germany, or the USA......taht will allow me to despise him and not feel like a traitor to our country!!!!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    who'd want him rio? he's a wart on the pri*k of sport....

RIO, rooboy likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Yep was making some decent progress but that was a very bad look, may never fully get his act together the DH...
    edited June 2017
    The last Australian male player to make any sort of impact at the French was Pat Rafter who made the semis in '97(20 yrs ago!). Let's be realistic, none of them were a chance of winning against the Europeans who grew up playing on clay. Kyrgios will be a real chance at Wimbledon and the US Open. Let's judge his progress after those events?
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Kyrgios will lead us to Davis Cup victory. The team environment seems to bring out the best in him, and I am not just talking tennis.
    For all other tournaments, he doesn't need a coach. He needs a psychiatrist. !!!!
    As for punting, Kyrgios, Tomic and Stosur are players to steer well clear of. All too flaky.
    @detonator Stosur up a set is a lay bettor's dream 8->

detonator, RIO likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    edited July 2017
    Pack your bag and balls Nicko!Its looking embarrassing!

oldhendo likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Looks poor. He is injured tho.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    paraletic said:

Looks poor. He is injured tho.

then don't play.....pretty simple
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Was a setup for the bookies!

How can one bookie make a bet void if a player retires hurt yet another pay out on an opponent as long as the retired player completes one set in the match.

Kyrgios probably told his mates to load up on his opponent at 6's and he'll make sure he gets through the first set to ensure a collect

RIO, rooboy, detonator likes this post.

He was carrying an injury into the tournament-the $6 was a gift if you could get set with a bookie that doesn't void bets upon retirement.

hash likes this post.

He was carrying an injury into the tournament-the $6 was a gift if you could get set with a bookie that doesn't void bets upon retirement.

sportsbet
    And you can farque off that Pinhead Tomic as well!

spinking, oldhendo, hash, thefalcon, RIO likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,739 posts
    Pat Cash scaving comments about Tomic on radio this morning Roo and deservedly so Australian tennis not in a good way at the present
    rooboy said:

And you can farque off that Pinhead Tomic as well!

reported on radio this morning he was heard saying he's lost interest and is "bored" with tennis... 
    lol great attitude to have, spoilt brat
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    I would pay money to watch Tomic play.
    So I could sit courtside and abuse the f*** out of him. B-)

RIO, oldhendo likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Hmmm, amid universal condemnation from just about everyone, perhaps
    Bernard Tomic's ultimate helicopter Dad who has smothered him with his
    presence, his coaching, his bizarre behaviour, his accusations his interference,....perhaps its Tomic Snr who
    has created modern day Bernie. For chrissake Mr Tomic, leave the lad
    alone, let him tie up his own shoe laces, stop hovering over him and let
    Bernard go away and find his childhood....he's been playing tennis
    since before he could walk, just let him be. Helicopter parents have
    left a lot of train wrecks across the world's sporting fields.And the
    media don't help, if Bernie don't wanna play tennis, Bernie don't wanna
    play. Full stop.
    Different kettle of fish to Kyrgios I think.

therealkramer likes this post.

we should be profoundly ashamed of our current crop of male tennis players.

bored at wimbleton...they guy is toxic.

I have been someone who has stuck up for these blokes on numerous occasions, especially after the dawn Fraser comments but anyway. These two have done nothing but let us down. Not one fibre of a fighting Aussie spirit in them! That's a real shame.

thefalcon, jum, RIO, rooboy likes this post.

edited July 2017
    http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/kyrgios-spotted-on-a-late-night-out-in-london/vi-BBDOFtI?ocid=mailsignout

Kyrgios spotted on a late night out in London the night he retired hurt from his (fixed) match

edited July 2017
    paraletic said:

I have been someone who has stuck up for these blokes on numerous occasions, especially after the dawn Fraser comments but anyway. These two have done nothing but let us down. Not one fibre of a fighting Aussie spirit in them! That's a real shame.

If it's all about attitude then where are the players who apply themselves? They surely must be out there somewhere? Tennis lends itself to these types of pampered individuals by pandering to the middle/middle upper classes

Image result for the muppets characters

A mug shot of Tomic at the Press Conference!

RIO likes this post.

if tennis aust. had any balls they would castigate those 2 brats and ban them for 12 months.

paraletic said:

If it's all about attitude then where are the players who apply themselves? They surely must be out there somewhere? Tennis lends itself to these types of pampered individuals by pandering to the middle/middle upper classes

not sure of anyone's financial situation but in Australian soccer, u either need to be connected or have massive funds to trial yourself in Europe on your parents dime. Could be the same with tennis (pay for the best coaching locally and overseas and play in the best junior comps?)
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited July 2017
    You can pay the best coach the biggest $$$ on the planet and it gets you squat without the talent.

But talent in any sport or business for that matter counts for little without drive, application and dedication with a sprinkle of humility.

In tennis' case enter R Federer.

TheDiva, RIO, thefalcon likes this post.

hash said:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/kyrgios-spotted-on-a-late-night-out-in-london/vi-BBDOFtI?ocid=mailsignout

Kyrgios spotted on a late night out in London the night he retired hurt from his (fixed) match

He should give up playing basketball in his downtime if his hips are that bad. I can't think of anything worse for dodgy hips than continually jumping on a basketball court
    edited July 2017
    Tomic has been fined for faking an injury during Wimbeldon or more so being bored...

just a fine!? this is borderline throwing a match!!

take 6 mins of your time and watch his interview.. poor 'kid' his heart just doesn't seem to be in it anymore, kudos for speaking the truth and not holding back though

rooboy likes this post.