G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 2 Non Members

I don't want Nick Kyrgios representing my country, Australia

Sport

Comments

• spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Then the poor kid should hang up his racket before he disrespects the sport even further the ATP should pull his card game set match

hash, oldhendo, thefalcon, rooboy likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    hash said:

Tomic has been fined for faking an injury during Wimbeldon or more so being bored...

just a fine!? this is borderline throwing a match!!

take 6 mins of your time and watch his interview.. poor 'kid' his heart just doesn't seem to be in it anymore, kudos for speaking the truth and not holding back though

so now they both have a proven track record of tanking... 
    its neck and neck for Australia's biggest flog... I just cant split them. 
    Embarrassing... 

hash, oldhendo, RIO, jum, thefalcon, rooboy, squid69 likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    flog is an understatement, cheat is the more appropriate 
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    TheDiva said:

hash said:

Tomic has been fined for faking an injury during Wimbeldon or more so being bored...

just a fine!? this is borderline throwing a match!!

take 6 mins of your time and watch his interview.. poor 'kid' his heart just doesn't seem to be in it anymore, kudos for speaking the truth and not holding back though

so now they both have a proven track record of tanking... 
    its neck and neck for Australia's biggest flog... I just cant split them. 
    Embarrassing... 
    $60k for a cpl hrs work doesn't exactly mean he tanked. How many on here would refuse the payday in his position?

Come on @thediva you know tanking is a serious accusation-without a betting paper trail that's all supposition. Was he unmotivated? Depressed? Injured? Perhaps one or more of those. Dolgopolov turned up injured and retired against Federer-he had almost no chance 100% fit. Does he get a free pass because he's not an Aussie?
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    not sure what youre saying mate? 
    He faked an injury... then admitted he was bored... and gave up on a match.
    that....is unaustralian.
    I dont care about dogolpopov or whoever he is...  this bloke is representing Australia... POORLY. 

hash, detonator, RIO, oldhendo, thefalcon likes this post.

TheDiva said:

not sure what youre saying mate? 

He faked an injury... then admitted he was bored... and gave up on a match.
    that....is unaustralian.
    I dont care about dogolpopov or whoever he is...  this bloke is representing Australia... POORLY. 
    I'm not sure what you're arguing either? He admitted he faked the injury to get a tactical advantage i.e he was trying to win. Gamesmanship-they all do it: Federer(remember Fed's 10min toilet break to escape the shadows against Davydenko-Aust Open)? Or Djokovic's injury timeout for 'blisters' in the US Open final v Wawrinka last year? Tomic's match went the distance so how is that tanking? I used the Dolgopolov example because he never intended on seeing that match out unless Federer had a really off day.-but because he didn't say as much in the post match interview he won't get fined. I'd say Bernie was VERY Australian by not giving a **** and just being honest-maybe to a fault.
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    I'm sorry but when we talk "very Australian" or "very unaustralian" can the persons we talk about have names like Smith or Jones.
    Tomic, Kyrgios, Philipoussis,Rodionova, Dokic, Gavrilova Kokkinakis just doesn't seem the same when we talk about our own !!!! :)>-
    Before all the PC on here take aim, it was said in jest. (sort of)
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    What a rediculous comment.

Unless you're from Arnhem Land or the like you're a hypocrite.
    Liquorland. =))
    Playing basketball, eating ice creams and drinking milk shakes during tennis tournaments.

Nick Kyrgios admitted he had not been dedicated in his rollercoaster of a career after being dumped out of the US Open in the first round on Tuesday.

The mercurial 22-year-old, one of the most gifted players on the tour, lost 6-3 1-6 6-4 6-1 against fellow Australian John Millman after hurting his right shoulder.

The 14th seed had treatment at the beginning of the third set after levelling at 1-1, but Kyrgios gradually appeared to lose interest in the match.

"I was probably less dedicated than I was this week. I was playing basketball at Lifetime Fitness every day for two hours. Like I played an hour of basketball before I played David Ferrer in the semi-final," he said.

"I was going to ice cream, like this Graeter's place getting a milk shake every day. I was less dedicated."

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/tennis/ice-creams-milk-shakes-kyrgios-admits-he-lacks-dedication/ar-AAqZO8J?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

Hope you didn't have him in any of your multis Hash. He is a complete waste of time and talent.
    Nope no way I look straight past him mate!
    Maybe wait for him in the Davis cup and get on hoping he sticks to his word from the article above... He's a bookies dream Kirigois is!
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Lets hope he gets a spell on the sidelines this time. Sponsors drop him, and he actually has to play tennis to get back to where he was....which will still be a dipstick!!

detonator, thefalcon, rooboy, spinking, oldhendo likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    dismiss the bloody lunatic for all time...we do not need him.
    without wishing to sound racist our 3 "brats" are not aussies....Greeks, Croatian....different cultures...never the twain....

spinking likes this post.

• rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    RIO said:

Lets hope he gets a spell on the sidelines this time. Sponsors drop him, and he actually has to play tennis to get back to where he was....which will still be a dipstick!!

Mate don't get me started on this Greek!
    In all the Tennis I have watched which would be at least 45yrs I have never ever ever ever seen a Tennis player disrespect this game as much as him!(your excused at the moment Tomic)
    Falcs 1st line is true and you can add Tomic (over rated player of all time) as my fat ass would return his serve straight in his face!

RIO, detonator, spinking, oldhendo likes this post.

We on here and the rest of the world should stop giving this moron air . The most disrespectful , I wont call him a sportsman for that he is not, piece of sh.. God ever put breathe into. The greats of the game especially our greats Rocket Rod one of the all time greats Pat Rafter Cash Hewit would be hanging there heads in disgust. When will Australian tennis or the ATP take this blokes card and to think he calls himself Australian , he has pulled down in a short time what the above legends took so long to build . Time for him to go before he disrespects our country and the game even more

RIO, oldhendo, detonator, rooboy, thefalcon likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    spinking said:

We on here and the rest of the world should stop giving this moron air . The most disrespectful , I wont call him a sportsman for that he is not, piece of sh.. God ever put breathe into. The greats of the game especially our greats Rocket Rod one of the all time greats Pat Rafter Cash Hewit would be hanging there heads in disgust. When will Australian tennis or the ATP take this blokes card and to think he calls himself Australian , he has pulled down in a short time what the above legends took so long to build . Time for him to go before he disrespects our country and the game even more

Spot on Spink

The bloke is an absolute oxygen thief I wish he would just go and swim with great white sharks without the cage
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    Sorry for bringing this up after nearly 2yrs but stuff me this guy would have to be the disrespectful piece of turd I have seen in my life!
    Served under arm again when he was in the box seat to win the set and then had to play a half hour tie breaker to win it back!
    Smashed the ball out of the park again and playing like he does not give a stuff trying to be funny but completely embarrassing himself again for the whole world to see!

oldhendo likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Fourth set tonight was an embarrassment in behavioural standards of any professional.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Tomic says "Hold my Beer"

jum likes this post.

I cannot believe the ATP doesn't ban this guy for good.
    Maybe it is because all the other players are so bland that they like a bit of controversy.
    I didn't watch Kyrgios tonight because he is a tosser but I get the gist from your comments that he once again did Australia proud with his behaviour. NOT.

rooboy, spinking likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    He won
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited July 2019
    Be interesting to see whats dished up against Nadal.

To my eye he is a front runner, when things are going well he will smash you, but as soon as a few screws are turned he goes crazy and crumbles.
    I think Deto may be talking about Tomic whos first round match last night was a new record in Wimbledon history for the quickest match played.And his presser after the match just shows what a absolute loser this guy is. as stated before the sooner the ATP pull this blokes card the better. Absolute w...er

oldhendo, rooboy likes this post.

He has some good points - reporters are just baiting him, fishing for a blow up

TheDiva likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Gave away the fourth set as a 'strategy' ? He is a fool. Rafa will use him for practice.
    Tivers said:

He has some good points - reporters are just baiting him, fishing for a blow up

They played his match over Barty's apparently.  ;))
    Well there you go...... plenty do