G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 32 Non Members

AFL Round 17

Sport
hashhash    7,495 posts
@PAUL maaate what are the stats or history on teams performing the week after a draw 

I think the Giants are a lay this round, there's no way they'll be able to give the Swans that kind head start and come from behind to draw as they have the last two rounds... Swans won't lie down the way the Hawks and Cats did coughing up a 3qtr time lead

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    Might just sit back and watch this one. A few times this year GWS have shown resolve and I am waiting to see it again. As we know these Derby's can be finals type games so it will be interesting to see who can handle the heat.
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    hash said:

@PAUL maaate what are the stats or history on teams performing the week after a draw

Thanks for the homework @hash. I have no idea of the overall results. After last week, there has now been 156 draws in the 15,128 AFL/VFL matches played. Below is a list of the last 12 draws (not including the one last week) and in brackets are the results for the next game afterwards.

LAST 12 DRAWS BEFORE LAST WEEK
    R15 2017: GWS 68-68 Geelong
    (GWS drew with HAW, GEEL beat BL by 85)
    R21 2015: St Kilda 97-97 Geelong
    (STK lost to SYD by 97, GEEL lost to COLL by 48)
    R18 2015: Gold Coast 83-83 West Coast
    (GC beat BL by 14, WCE lost to HAW by 14)
    R23 2014: Carlton 90-90 Essendon
    (CARL lost to RICH by 27, ESS lost to SYD by 12)
    R8 2013: Sydney 70-70 Fremantle
    (SYD beat COLL by 47, FRE beat MELB by 90)
    R23 2012: Richmond 106-106 Port Adelaide
    (RICH beat CARL by 5, PA beat MELB by 79)
    R4 2011: Carlton 79-79 Essendon
    (CARL beat ADEL by 6, ESS lost to COLL by 30)
    R2 2011: St Kilda 95-95 Richmond
    (STK lost to ESS by 52, RICH lost to HAW by 63)
    R1 2011: Melbourne 84-84 Sydney
    (MELB lost to HAW by 45, SYD beat ESS by 5)
    GF 2010: Collingwood 68-68 St Kilda
    (COLL beat STK by 56 in GF replay)
    R17 2010: St Kilda 87-87 Hawthorn
    (STK lost to ESS by 33, HAW lost to PA by 8)
    R12 2010: Melbourne 76-76 Collingwood
    (MELB lost to ADEL by 44, COLL beat SYD by 25)

In summary, not including the GF replay, in the other 22 matches, the teams that played in a draw the week before only won 9 of them, with 12 losses and a draw.

hash likes this post.

Great stats Paul. Not sure it makes your Giants Swans betting picture any clearer Hash.
    If your convictions are starting to waiver. Heads Swans Win, Tails they lose.

hash likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    the last 12 draws, the following week the 24 teams went on for a total of 2 draws, 12 losses and 10 wins so yeah na it doesn't make it a clearer picture haha
    was hoping to see a big difference in teams going on to lose the following week but these stats show it's pretty evenly matched 12 to 10 in favour of teams losing.
    still think Swans should be favourite
    hash said:

the last 12 draws, the following week the 24 teams went on for a total of 2 draws, 12 losses and 10 wins so yeah na it doesn't make it a clearer picture haha

If you remember, GWS were the first team to draw consecutive games since Carlton in 1921. My stats (9 wins, 1 draw, 12 losses) already include the results from the HAW v GWS and the BL v GEEL games from last week. The game I didn't include in those stats was the Grand Final replay in 2010 (because obviously both teams can't win playing in the same game). But overall, you're right, the stats don't point to any positive or negative trend from playing in a draw the week before.

hash likes this post.

edited July 2017
    ROUND 17 FIXTURES 

Friday  
    ST KILDA v ESSENDON, Docklands, 5:50 
    Saturday 
    GEELONG v HAWTHORN, MCG, 11:45 
    PORT v NORTH MELBOURNE, Adelaide Oval, 12:10 
    GOLD COAST v COLLINGWOOD, Carrara, 2:35 
    GWS v SYDNEY, Showgrounds, 5:25 
    MELBOURNE v ADELAIDE, Marrara (TIO), 5:40 
    Sunday 
    RICHMOND v BRISBANE, Docklands, 11:10 
    CARLTON v BULLDOGS, MCG, 1:20 
    FREMANTLE v WEST COAST, Subiaco, 2:40 

ST KILDA (9-6) v ESSENDON (7-8) 
    St Kilda have won their last 4 games, they haven't won 5 in a row since R15-20 2011.  The Saints have won their last 3 v Essendon and their last 3 at Docklands.  Essendon have only won 2 of their last 6 games with all 4 losses being by 16 points or less.  Essendon haven't won consecutive games since R8-9 this year. 

GEELONG (10-1-4) v HAWTHORN (6-1-8) 
    Geelong have only lost one of their last 7 games.  The Cats have won their last 3 v Hawthorn, including a 86-point thumping in R4 this year.  However, Geelong have lost their last 2 matches at the MCG.  Hawthorn have not lost since the bye.  The Hawks have only won 3/8 at the MCG this year.

PORT (9-6) v NORTH MELBOURNE (4-11) 
    Port Adelaide have won 3 of their last 4 games.  When Port have won this year, they have won well, with their smallest win being by 28 points.  They have won their last two games v North Melbourne.  Port Adelaide and North Melbourne have never played each other at the Adelaide Oval.  The Kangaroos are on a five-game losing streak.  They also have never won at the Adelaide Oval, having lost all four matches to Adelaide, with the smallest losing margin being 33 points. 

GOLD COAST (6-9) v COLLINGWOOD (5-10) 
    Gold Coast have only won 1 of their last 4 games.  The Suns have lost their last 2 games v Collingwood.  They have won 4/6 at Carrara this year.  Collingwood are currently on a four-game losing streak.  The Magpies are 2-2 v Gold Coast at Carrara with the biggest loss being only by 7 points. 

GWS (10-2-3) v SYDNEY (8-7) 
    GWS have only won 1 of their last 4 games.  The Giants haven't lost at the Showgrounds this year (4-1-0).  They have won their last 3 games v Sydney including a 42-point win this year in R5.  Sydney have won 8 of their last 9 games, with the only loss being by 6 points to Hawthorn.  Overall, the Swans have a 8-4 record against the Giants and a 1-2 record at the Showgrounds.  In the last 3 games between the two sides, the Swans have been kept to scores of between 55-63 points. 

MELBOURNE (9-6) v ADELAIDE (11-4) 
    Melbourne have won 5 of their last 6 games.  The Demons have won only 2 of their last 6 games v Adelaide, but they did beat them earlier this season in R8 by 41 points at Adelaide Oval.  Melbourne have only won 1 of their last 5 games at Marrara (TIO).  Adelaide have won 3 of their last 4 games.  Adelaide have never played at Marrara.  The Crows have scored 100+ points in 10/15 games this year. 

RICHMOND (9-6) v BRISBANE (3-12) 
    Richmond have won 4 of their last 6 games.  The Tigers have won their last 10 games v Brisbane, including a 52-point win in R4 this year at the 'Gabba.  Richmond have only played Brisbane 4 times at the Docklands for a 2-1-1 record.  Brisbane have won 2 of their last 5 games and have won only 2 of their last 9 games at Docklands, which were both wins being against Essendon. 

CARLTON (5-10) v BULLDOGS (7-8) 
    Carlton have lost their last 3 games.  The Blues have only won 1 of their last 4 games v Bulldogs and in the last 2 games have been restricted to 53 points or less.  Carlton have lost their last 3 games at the MCG, with the biggest losing margin being only by 26 points.  The Bulldogs have only won 1 of their last 5 games, which was a 1-point win over the Kangaroos.  They have won their last 5 matches at the MCG by between 14-32 points. 

FREMANTLE (7-8) v WEST COAST (8-7) 
    Fremantle last week ended a 5-game losing streak with a 4-point win over the Kangaroos.  They have lost their 4 games v Eagles by between 24-46 points.  Currently, the Eagles have a 25-20 advantage in the Western Derbies.  The Eagles have only won 2 of their last 7 games, with those two wins being by 13 points or less.  West Coast have only won 1 of their last 4 games at Subiaco. 
    Adelaide,Geelong, Port Adelaide and Western Bulldogs for your 4 leg multi. (money back if one leg loses)
    Dockers points + in the Derby. YES repeat again Dockers points + in the Derby.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Deto your man has signed 4 years at 1.4 lol lol lol all that energy you wasted old mate he was never going anywhere
    Yeah, but you still have Bennell. =))
    detonator said:

They tell me if he stays fit look out Det
    dungy said:

detonator said:

Looked fit on tv Dungy. Stlill has the off season to manage. That will be the real test !!!
    detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

Looked fit on tv Dungy. Stlill has the off season to manage. That will be the real test !!!

Well you told
    Me and all on here that Fyfe was gone so ,,,,lol lol lol
    dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

Well you told

I know "brand Fyfe" re signing is like winning a flag to all the Freo faithful.
    Enjoy the moment.
    You can now concentrate on recruiting support players around "brand Fyfe". We will pay you to take Wellingham off our hands. :-h
    detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

Well you told

Enjoy the moment.
    You can now concentrate on recruiting support players around "brand Fyfe". We will pay you to take Wellingham off our hands. :-h
    We have plenty of support around him and majority are under 24 not 35 plus like you blokes mate lol lol 2018 building 2019 challenging !!! lol lol lol and NO TO WELLINGHAM
    dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

Well you told

Enjoy the moment.
    We have plenty of support around him and majority are under 24 not 35 plus like you blokes mate lol lol 2018 building 2019 challenging !!! lol lol lol and NO TO WELLINGHAM
    <br/ Majority under 24 ? The grand final is not played in the Surf down at Yallingup. Seems Blakely would rather be waxing his board than getting a kick.
    I'm sure Tabby will eventually come good in 2025. As for Bennell and his skinny calves, I m sure there is a headline just around the corner.
    Keep building Dungy. We will just keep stacking our premiership cup cabinet.
    Does Freo have a cabinet for trophys ????
    If so you better oil the hinges as I'm told they've seized up. =))
    detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

Well you told

Enjoy the moment.

How did Blakley go last weekend ??? #noidea
    detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

Well you told

Enjoy the moment.

An absolute moral is you will never win a flag with Simpson at the helm and as long as Darling the coward is there , we are further advanced to win a cup than your mob because as you said earlier in the year the window is now ,,,,,, NOT ANYMORE regardless of what happens this weekend your simply middle of road at best , like Bomber Thompson said as a club you stand for nothing anymore 
    detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

dungy said:

detonator said:

Well you told

Enjoy the moment.

You break stories about as good as that halfwit  Fitzy from 96fm lol lol lol 
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts
    Freo playing better footy then West Coast in the last few weeks
    West Coast no chance Sunday !

thefalcon likes this post.

brady said:

Freo playing better footy then West Coast in the last few weeks
    West Coast no chance Sunday !

We have a lot better midfield Brady but just no one to kick goals unless Walters and Ballas get 6-8 between them we are no hope 

detonator likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,452 posts
    50/50 Game
    Freo overs at 3.20
    detonator said:

Adelaide,Geelong, Port Adelaide and Western Bulldogs for your 4 leg multi. (money back if one leg loses)

When I said Freo points + in the Derby I meant Freo + 90 because that is the only way you will stop us.
    JK back. DARLING playing in supreme form.
    The way we had Port Adelaide on the ropes in the first half with our relentless pressure, will be enough of a form guide to beat the Dorkers.
    We have enough talent (slow or not) to get the job done.
    There is only one W.A team playing finals this year !!!!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    agree only one team in the finals....Marble Bar v Alice Springs..... :))

detonator likes this post.

detonator said:

detonator said:

When I said Freo points + in the Derby I meant Freo + 90 because that is the only way you will stop us.
    The way we had Port Adelaide on the ropes in the first half with our relentless pressure, will be enough of a form guide to beat the Dorkers.

Yeh the Mulabiddin 18s lol lol
    Giants are cooked Swans at 2- was free $$ rather back the Swans than a Showbag Miller horse at least there reliable lol lol
  • buffybuffy    273 posts
    Dungy. What an absolute dog of a person  you must be living in your caravan park. Darling is a coward ! Would love him to find out where you are. I know who the coward would be then. Bet your a real toughy. Dont no any cowards playing AFL.
    buffy said:

Dungy. What an absolute dog of a person  you must be living in your caravan park. Darling is a coward ! Would love him to find out where you are. I know who the coward would be then. Bet your a real toughy. Dont no any cowards playing AFL.

Go back to rehab you in kicker
    detonator said:

detonator said:

Fair play Det you got the points we just don't have a forward line won every stat except the one that matters neither side are a threat in September clearly
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    Both shit teams

TheDiva, oldhendo likes this post.

dungy said:

detonator said:

detonator said:

Fair play Det you got the points we just don't have a forward line won every stat except the one that matters neither side are a threat in September clearly

I will take the win.
    Uninspiring game. Missing "the black panther" Nic Nat for some excitement.