G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 15 Non Members

Pinjarra Monday - $8 Quaddie Donation.

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited July 2017 Harness & Greyhounds
It's just $8 but hopefully that's all it will cost to snaffle the Pinji harness quaddie for 100%.

Race 5. 6. I'm Lisart 8. Beaus Mystery 9. Dave OBrien 11. Mcardles Gem
Race 6. 8. Robert The Bruce
Race 7. 3. Maczaffair
Race 8. 5. Arising Easton 7. Ohoka Squire
4 x 1 x 1 x 2 = $8 and a collect I hope!

Race 6. Robert The Bruce awkward draw inside of the backline needs to be eased off the pegs early and may have to go right back to last so a good test for him but has a motor and strength to circumnavigate and should relish the Pinjarra track. Just needs even luck from a bugger of a draw.

In the same race don't mind anchoring a roughie to run 2nd 3rd or 4th - horse 11 Cerrato. Hasn't had much luck lately. At around $41 may provide a bit of value behind Robert The Bruce.
+1 -1

cisco, hash likes this post.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Race 8 very open Riders, lots of chances....might pay to go a bit wider in the last leg? Firth of Forth has improved, Chuck Norris had excuses at Northam, Major Rush if he steps, Jaxon Fella going okay....and Race 5 is a fair dinkum raffle...McArdles probably the best horse in the race but if gets into trouble from 4 on the back line, anything could win it.
    Good program, a lot of good types going around.

hash likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited July 2017
    Yes for sure JJ race 8 has many chances but the theory was will probably be knocked out before then. So will keep costs down! Agree they are the next best four - not a big Firth Of Forth fan but if you say has improved - I take note.
    Eeew, nice result Vrai Amour...which, with my profound knowledge of the french language...NOT....must have something to do with love. Being out of Lovera, this is a brother to 2 really top class fillies, both group 1 winners, Eagle Rox and Artemis Belle. Was the breeding tip of the day and made it 3 out of 3 for Ernie. $5 fixed and the makings of a very nice horse, strides out with ease and home in 56.6 untouched.
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    JayJay said:

Eeew, nice result Vrai Amour...which, with my profound knowledge of the french language...NOT....must have something to do with love.

True love or real love.

JayJay likes this post.

edited July 2017
    Just A Legend $6.90 a drum...a perfect typical drive from Shannon Suvaljko to slot in behind the leader ( somehow ) from barrier 3 .

That type of drive when driving a very average conveyance is the difference between running a well beaten 9th or sneaking into the placings.

JayJay likes this post.

First leg home Riders, and it paid pretty well albeit off a lousy draw. McArdles was the best horse in the race and won accordingly but $4 fixed was available....the next two legs should be elementary, then the last, the tricky one. But looking good so far.
    Well JJ after the French lessons today got the perfect retort for when I get knocked out - C'est La Vie - think it means in frustration - that's life!
    ' C'est la vie'!

After many years should realise - odds on - look on. It's an old one but a good one.
    C'est la vie" indeed, I think "merde" is also applicable.....and Maczaffair is scratched as well.....wasn't meant to be Riders.
    Robert The Bruce fund more strife than Bonnie Prince Charlie at the Battle of Culloden.
    edited July 2017
    Susies Desire a place in the next. 5 to lead 1 to trail and Susies three back.
    In running went to script...Susies just battled home for fourth.

JJ Robert The Bruce ran into more pockets than the artful dodger!
    edited July 2017
    $4.20 on tote Arising Easton was a very good price - he's in form with a driver who knows how to rate them in front.

Better B Chevron was the substitute for Maczaffair so got three out of four legs only to be slayed by the desperately unlucky Robert The Bruce.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited July 2017
    Second fav wins the second leg and riders' suggested quaddie comes out and pays $132!
    Huge divi considering the prices of the winners... I guess the odds on flop helped boost that divi
    edited July 2017
    At least punters didn't do their money cold by the archaic substitute rule...only a tab could come up with a rule whereby you are given a horse you may not even like!

Did read on another forum a little while ago a solution to the late scratching in quaddies and the sub rule and it made sense - but for the life of me can't remember what he said now ! Will try to find it again. Today worked out ok because there was a clear cut second favourite at least that was in your favour and it was the horse you wanted to be on if Maczaffair was scratched.
    And of course those who had both Maczaffair and the logical danger get the quaddie twice...which makes the $132 an exceptional dividend.

If Better B Chevron got rolled with all the money on it courtesy of the Maczaffair scratching plus the money already on it...really brought into about $1.04 quaddie wise...the dividend would have gone up drastically definetly to four figures.
    Hash think if Robert The Bruce won can half the $132 to $66 then half it again to about $33 then getting closer to the mark. Would have been skinny indeed.