Who's Online

0 Members & 35 Non Members

New season foals

Breeding

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    The Proart is a very good shape Bull
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    She's a cracker mate. That mare puts a hell of a lot into her foals. Her colt from the year before (now a yearling) is a really good sort too.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    The_Bull said:

She's a cracker mate. That mare puts a hell of a lot into her foals. Her colt from the year before (now a yearling) is a really good sort too.

We have a mare that has had 2 foals and got the same result as you.Great shape and good size. Both stand outs in the paddock. Fingers crossed they can perform as well....As they will be up against each yours it'll be interesting to see if they get to the track against each other.
    :-?
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    I dont know much about the Patronize offspring, do they hit the ground and run as 2yos or do you need to be more patient? Any info would be handy.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Great photos
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    Most of the patronize have needed time, with the exception being Mystic Maid, who of course ran 2nd in the Karrakatta.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    RIO said:

very happy to see our first born delivered safely..Mum and bub doing well...This was at 6hrs old. Will post a better photo in a few days.

Thanks to Touchstone for nursing the mare through, we really appreciate the extra work done over the past 6 months.

This little bundle of bones and skin ran 2nd in her first race yesterday.....Couldn't be happier
    :D

Tivers, silky, Winsumlosesum, spinking, jum likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    RIO said:

After just over 5 weeks our Flying Peg filly is looking pretty good...Now to hold our breath for 2 years to see if she survives and can run!!!!!!!

Oh, just found a better pic of the same filly
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I was out at a trainers this morning and saw a nice 2yr old from one of our newer stallions. It stood 17.1 hands and had just crossed the trainers scales at 656kg......Yes that is not a misprint... 656kg 2yr old filly

The 2yr old was from his second season of standing in WA...Have a guess at who the sire is???
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts

656kg..a 2yo filly!!

she will be lucky to survive a prep..straight on matrimonial leave for about 2 years before a visit to the breeding barn.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    She's being prepped now, but on day 3 the chat is already about what to do with her if she doesn't make it to the track!! And she's not fat, she is a very well proportioned filly

RIO said:

I was out at a trainers this morning and saw a nice 2yr old from one of our newer stallions. It stood 17.1 hands and had just crossed the trainers scales at 656kg......Yes that is not a misprint... 656kg 2yr old filly

The 2yr old was from his second season of standing in WA...Have a guess at who the sire is???

My Admiration? 
    paraletic said:

RIO said:

My Admiration? 
    If my maths is correct my answer above cant be correct 

RIO likes this post.

Yes, not to put a dampener on anyone's hopes - but despite everyone's obsession with size, you can have TOO BIG, yes.

RIO likes this post.

paraletic said:

paraletic said:

RIO said:

My Admiration? 
    If my maths is correct my answer above cant be correct 
    Correct. Oldest are Yearlings.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    the comment by the person who bought it...It was an impressive looking weanling...Just didn't stop growing!!!!
  • silkysilky    342 posts
    RIO said:

Dick Turpin??

RIO, jum likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Well done @silky you win the chocolate Freddo.

jum likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited May 2017
    Foal born in New York by Lucky Pulpit (sire of California Chrome) out of Passionforfashion.

jum, oldhendo, spinking likes this post.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts

oldhendo likes this post.

1 day old Blackfriars colt out of Amplifier
    jpg
    jpg
    2.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    3.jpg

RIO, spinking likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Nice and leggy colt. Well done silky, hope it grows big and strong for you. I have a black type Brocco mare that we sent to him twice and each time it slipped, so have given up on her. BUT this is exactly what we were trying to get!!!!!!!!! Jealous

silky likes this post.

RIO said:

Nice and leggy colt. Well done silky, hope it grows big and strong for you. I have a black type Brocco mare that we sent to him twice and each time it slipped, so have given up on her. BUT this is exactly what we were trying to get!!!!!!!!! Jealous

Thanks Rio, sorry to hear of the bad luck with your mare. This family has had a bit of luck with Blackfriars so we're hoping this bloke is the same. Now to keep the fingers crossed for the next 3 years
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Yep everyone was excited with the match, and were hopeful, but after 2 slips in a row, you start to wonder if the mare wants to be a mummy anymore?? She is on our block with us and has never looked happier or healthier now that she isn't in foal. She slipped really early this season, so has basically had a year off.

We were tempted to go back, and Scenic were looking after us, but i thought rest her for the whole year and maybe try her again next year....the blackfriars cross is proven and there is nothign that compares for our Brocco mare. So we'll see how we feel next season. We have sent another mare to BF this season, so hopefully we get a nice one out of that.

silky likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited August 2017

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited August 2017
    hopefully this works...Our nice Ouqba colt out of Musical Dane
    jpg
    jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg

Jeanne, silky, jum, Lendmefifty, oldhendo likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    jpg
    jpg
    Demerit x Atlantico 2017 foal.jpg

silky, oldhendo, jum likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Hey Diva are you guys on your second generation of breeding? ie breeding from ones you've bred?

Nice foal by the way. They all look so full/good this year. Have only seen one that looked **** at this stage.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Bradbury's Luck. Who has got one on the ground from him? If the mare has had foals before does he stamp them with his shape or do they take the shape of the mare??
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    RIO said:

Hey Diva are you guys on your second generation of breeding? ie breeding from ones you've bred?

Nice foal by the way. They all look so full/good this year. Have only seen one that looked **** at this stage.

not yet. we've hardly had any fillies! 

RIO likes this post.