G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread of their own

Harness & Greyhounds

Comments

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Saw Greg Bond had a horse in at GP Friday. Did he sneak back in and no one noticed?
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    KTQ;;; There was two Friday night phantasmagoria episodes ?
    PINJARRA ; See the highly promising golden slipper winner from last year jack mac, makes a return seems a very solid boy on the replays, not that big but when lewis lets him rip doesn't he rip.
    to short to play.. 6 from 6 in aus.
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    He grew up and out a little during his spell. I hope it helps him along

savethegame, Browny123 likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Investing in Maryborough Bankstown - and will be tonight at Melton and Canberra

Dont touch Pinjarra - only watch them for the novelty aspect - Race 2 - i think i just about saw the worst drive in my life - i watched the 1st lap again - and there doesnt seem to be a punctured tyre or problem with the horse

Whats the driving fee - 50 or 60 bucks - well if i was the owner of that horse - id pay the driver in 5 cent pieces

savethegame likes this post.

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    edited January 2018
    Markovina said:

Craig Morrison is an interesting radio caller

Had a small bet at Albany last night - TAB.Com $20 win $5 place at $41 fixed Blissenblack

His exact call - " Milliondollahanova  races away to win " - official margin - a half head - another half stride and it gets beat

Nose results - when your on the wrong side of them sting - especially when there is 7 metres to the 3rd horse

Just watched & margin looks to be a head on the line (look at photo), 2nd horse never getting there in time. No prize for been in front " a stride after the post" , bad luck on your bet  :-/

Markovina said:

His exact call - " Milliondollahanova  races away to win " - official margin - a half head - another half stride and it gets beat

Yes spotted that and was going to post same thoughts. Well done.
    What a strange comment, Well Done ?
    On a positive after watching replays some good racing, Miss Sangrial looks a smart type, and McKinley has improved out of sight , won well. Collie produces a fair amount of horses for Country Racing

jum likes this post.

Markovina said:

Had a small bet at Albany last night - TAB.Com $20 win $5 place at $41 fixed Blissenblack

Nose results - when your on the wrong side of them sting - especially when there is 7 metres to the 3rd horse

Just watched & margin looks to be a head on the line (look at photo), 2nd horse never getting there in time. No prize for been in front " a stride after the post" , bad luck on your bet  :-/

In my opinion C Morrison and the bloke in Tassie Matt Robertson - they have both got the same bad habit  they call what they think will happen - not  what actually happens

Ian Craig and Bill Collins said the secret to race calling was you had to paint a picture for the person listening and relying on your call - and the picture painted by C  Morrison was pure nonsense

Those past 2 top callers would have said - Milliondollahanova sweeps to the lead out 3 wide - the favourite ( Warwicks horse) looks beaten - theres only 1 possible danger Blissandthblack - MDH clinging on Bliss makes a dive but just misses ( official margin a half head ) - instead of the nonsense call that we got " MDH races away to win " - lol- by a half head

And by the way i am a good loser when i lose - young Bailey McDonough drove that 2nd horse an absolute treat
    KTQ said:

Connections would be over the moon, looks pretty fool proof, in all..;;;;;; Just cop a 27.1  last quarter......looked like he had bit   left   in the locker 
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts
    Markovina said:

Investing in Maryborough Bankstown - and will be tonight at Melton and Canberra

Dont touch Pinjarra - only watch them for the novelty aspect - Race 2 - i think i just about saw the worst drive in my life - i watched the 1st lap again - and there doesnt seem to be a punctured tyre or problem with the horse

Whats the driving fee - 50 or 60 bucks - well if i was the owner of that horse - id pay the driver in 5 cent pieces

Mister Spot or Warriors Code? Not sure what happened with WC but why would MS let WC push it back so far without going around It? You don't win races coming from last like that
  • KTQKTQ    319 posts

KTQ said:

Connections would be over the moon, looks pretty fool proof, in all..;;;;;; Just cop a 27.1  last quarter......looked like he had bit   left   in the locker 

yup. Hes still probably a little fat and needs to run a couple seconds quicker to be a NSW Derby contender but it's in the plans. Still early days for the little kid

KTQ said:

Markovina said:

Whats the driving fee - 50 or 60 bucks - well if i was the owner of that horse - id pay the driver in 5 cent pie

Gee the stewards having not  mentioned a reason. The Voak trains throttles got stuck  in reverse lost 80 metres in a 150m your right marko.. you just can't do that ...granted if   the horse is sore or fibrillated , be fearful of putting him on again

Markovina said:

Dont touch Pinjarra - only watch them for the novelty aspect - Race 2 - i think i just about saw the worst drive in my life - i watched the 1st lap again - and there doesnt seem to be a punctured tyre or problem 

Marko dead right terrible display looks the voak trains throttle has got stuck in reverse, lost 80 m in150 metres hasn't been logged as sore or fibrillated in stewards report..wonders never cease.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Image result for trainwreck pics
    Volk train at Pinjarra

savethegame, Markovina likes this post.

Some  people criticise the Halls and Bonds when they have multiple stablemates in the 1 race - re tactics

However im not one of them - i think with all their multiple runners they do an outstanding job - and in 99% of the time - they are given every possible hope

Contrast that to Bankstown race 5 today - and i see in the abbreviated stewards that the trainer and driver B Portelli  got 8 weeks

He had 2 in the race - and they backed the no 8 ( the other stablemate ) off the map

6 accross the front - fave draws barrier 1 and leads  - Portelli draws 7 - follows the fave - and the 8 lobs re 3 pegs - - coming in  for the bell - the 7 comes off the pegs - and declares the fave on - they run a 28.7 sec qtr - Josh Willick who was on the fave - at the bell just looked across and stared at him ( saying what are you doing ) - then the well backed horse made a mess of them

Should have got 12 or 16 weeks

cisco likes this post.

edited January 2018
    Some criticise as knee jerk reaction to multiple stable numbers for sure Marko. The other side of the coin is that it is hard to defend perceptions when the possibilities are always there. Have given up trying actually. Would be better for all parties and the industry in general  if the number was limited to two from any stable in the first instance though I think
    Markovina said:

Some  people criticise the Halls and Bonds when they have multiple stablemates in the 1 race - re tactics

However im not one of them - i think with all their multiple runners they do an outstanding job - and in 99% of the time - they are given every possible hope

Contrast that to Bankstown race 5 today - and i see in the abbreviated stewards that the trainer and driver B Portelli  got 8 weeks

He had 2 in the race - and they backed the no 8 ( the other stablemate ) off the map

6 accross the front - fave draws barrier 1 and leads  - Portelli draws 7 - follows the fave - and the 8 lobs re 3 pegs - - coming in  for the bell - the 7 comes off the pegs - and declares the fave on - they run a 28.7 sec qtr - Josh Willick who was on the fave - at the bell just looked across and stared at him ( saying what are you doing ) - then the well backed horse made a mess of them

Should have got 12 or 16 weeks

If there was a sprint lane no possible excuse....and 6 months  :)]
    edited January 2018
    uby g
    Markovina said:

Markovina said:

In my opinion C Morrison and the bloke in Tassie Matt Robertson - they have both got the same bad habit  they call what they think will happen - not  what actually happens

Ian Craig and Bill Collins said the secret to race calling was you had to paint a picture for the person listening and relying on your call - and the picture painted by C  Morrison was pure nonsense

Those past 2 top callers would have said - Milliondollahanova sweeps to the lead out 3 wide - the favourite ( Warwicks horse) looks beaten - theres only 1 possible danger Blissandthblack - MDH clinging on Bliss makes a dive but just misses ( official margin a half head ) - instead of the nonsense call that we got " MDH races away to win " - lol- by a half head

And by the way i am a good loser when i lose - young Bailey McDonough drove that 2nd horse an absolute treat
    Markovina said:

Axe grinding for whatever reason. Backed the winner, thats all i need to know

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts

Markovina said:

A compliment is now a strange comment. Goosey Goosey obviously you have been having a gander at that cleavage for far too long.
    Purdon terrible unlucky start to 2018, with lazarus, & ultimate machette ....Vincent  the horse the stable had waiting in the wings.....has succumbed to a suspensory injury and nine months out.. as well,.

Markovina said:

A compliment is now a strange comment. Goosey Goosey obviously you have been having a gander at that cleavage for far too long.
    You have loved my Avatar forever Slip, if I changed it now you would be devastated
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    They are way too big for me Goose.
  • MuldoonMuldoon    317 posts
    Markovina said:

Markovina said:

Interesting comment, Bill Collins ? Paint the picture, remember his early crow, Kingston Town cannot win. Not sure where it says they cannot have an opinion,-just like you on what he thinks is possibly going to evolve. I tried finding the Cox Plate video but found this radio call instead, race before Cox, Bill Collins declaring one at the 100m, whoopsy ran 3rd. That painted a real good picture Marko ? fast forward to 0.57. 

loose_goose likes this post.

Good racing at Tamworth tonight - final of the Golden Guitar ( coincides with their music festival) 25k race and 3 year old final 15k race . Heats were run last Sunday

Had a nice win in the heats on a horse called Second Major $16 - won by about 20 metres - its in the final - but cant win - Sunday was the day to back it

A few Qld horses came down -  prominent stables - and the old Redcliffe form- suspect as allways - did not hold up at all

Race2 tonight theres another one of those suspect Qld horses $1.30 - got held up in the heat and ran 2nd - very slow last half - hard to judge because it got held up . Because i had the nice win Sunday - ive put $100 the win  $15 the place on Abercrombie TAB  at $71 fixed - if they will walk it will run no where - but if they go hard early - its quite strong and can win

Just  goes to show TAB.Com will let you on for plenty - after my bet - they did the old Bill Waterhouse trick - turned it out to $101  !!!

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Markovina said:

Race2 tonight theres another one of those suspect Qld horses $1.30 - got held up in the heat and ran 2nd - very slow last half - hard to judge because it got held up . Because i had the nice win Sunday - ive put $100 the win  $15 the place on Abercrombie TAB  at $71 fixed - if they will walk it will run no where - but if they go hard early - its quite strong and can win

Just  goes to show TAB.Com will let you on for plenty - after my bet - they did the old Bill Waterhouse trick - turned it out to $101  !!!

No Cigar tonight Marko.

But absolutely love how you Put your balls on the line. No one else on this forum will do what you do and throw up $50 plus winners and the reason behind it. Love ya work.

I had 10/10 on just in case, as I remember 12 odd months ago you through one out at Albany ??? maybe.           

Close to $100 by memory  

:-bd
    SPRINT LANE LOVERS;  Race 1 at Stawell  Aus. day.. driver Les. McLEOD he reckons  there alright  as well he used it a lap early..
    Someone needs to tap poor old Les on the shoulder and whisper " Les...give it away mate....you have got absolutely no fkn idea ".
    Funniest thing was he wouldn't go down into the lane on the last lap and pulled his horse off its feet trying to steer up the track...then got in the road of the 3 horse for the third time in the race. Gee...he owes Laurie Young and Aaron Dunn the trainer and driver of Allawart Bob a beer or two after that effort. Talk about terrorists on Australia Day.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Oh good, after watching that, I don't feel so bad about spending 15 minutes looking for easter eggs in the garden this morning.

Seriously, how come it wasn't disqualified...it has run 5th, earned stakemoney...surely it must be excluded???

JayJay said:

Oh good, after watching that, I don't feel so bad about spending 15 minutes looking for easter eggs in the garden this morning.

Seriously, how come it wasn't disqualified...it has run 5th, earned stakemoney...surely it must be excluded???

What is the law with Sprint Lane, only in last lap ? If that the case would think have to be excluded, like inside the markers with no reason

JayJay, savethegame likes this post.