G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 9 Non Members

Tennis 2018

Sport

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Not too sure on the betting rules thought it has to be at least one completed set to be a match?
    You would think Cilic backers get paid in full surely..
    When did his leg start to become problematic in the 4th set sometime?

Any more twists i wonder...the brit Edmund could make the final if he maintains the rage.
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    It used to be the match had to be completed or all bets void. I think most bookies sensibly realised how unfair that was because there are a lot of 'mental injuries' in tennis. Rafa had treatment in the 4th set and then curtains early in the 5th.
    edited January 2018
    Novak's conqueror, Hyeon Chung, is through to face the winner of Berdych/Federer in the semis after a straight sets victory, over Tennys Sandgren,  6-4, 7-6, 6-3.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Suppose we wont see Federer crying this summer because he has been beaten by Rafa i have to retire Nadal in the final
    edited January 2018
    If Cilic beats him, Fed will be in the fetal position. Will we see him at Roland Garros this year though? Funny how Nadal never dodged Wimbledon. Roger's a sook AND a coward.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Unknown quantity the Korean fella but can't see him beating Roger.
    Edmund rolling Cilic isnt out of the question though..
    I don't know @Thunderstruck. I thought Berdych had his chances, but he just choked particularly when serving for the first set. There's a reason why he, Dimitrov and Tsonga never broke through and probably never will.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Halep V Kerber, what a great match!!

tony, therealkramer, detonator, spinking likes this post.

edited January 2018
    H-BOMBER said:

Hadn't Halep already had a marathon match? Is she the women's version of cyborg-era Novak?
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts

If Cilic beats him, Fed will be in the fetal position. Will we see him at Roland Garros this year though? Funny how Nadal never dodged Wimbledon. Roger's a sook AND a coward.

Roger a sook and coward ???

therealkramer likes this post.

brady said:

Roger a sook and coward ???
    I was responding to the criticism of Tomic and I brought up Roger crying every time Nadal beat him. He absolutely dodged Nadal last year at the French. Nothing short of gutless. He's a flat track bully. I won't go into his five year disappearing act when Novak was at his peak or his sudden re-emergence just as Novak and Murray have been injured but if you want to call him the GOAT, that sort of information counts.
    It's what you expect Brady from someone who continually bags champions

oldhendo likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Best tennis match in the last 12 months

spinking likes this post.

spinking said:

It's what you expect Brady from someone who continually bags champions

Why couldn't he win a grand slam for five years then? Answer me that. He has virtually remained injury free for his whole career. But when first Nadal and then Novak emerged as contenders his career went into the freezer. Now when Novak is struggling Roger is back. He's an opportunist, just like you. When the opposition is willing, he is not up to the task.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Wow saw the pics circulating regarding Chung's "blister"

No wonder he couldn't walk!!

tony, spinking likes this post.

How he stayed out there for as long as he did with that has got me beat.
    Kramer since he won his first grand slam if you can show me a period of five years he went without winning one I will Answer . Only played one in 2016 due to knee surgery so how he has remained injury free has me beat . What you perceive to be his cowardice. Is actually what he has done to extend his career into his late thirties and become the greatest player to ever pick up a racquet. If that's a opportunist I would say he has been pretty good at it. Here just a few more for you before you bag him again.ITF player of the year five times , Laureus sports award world sportsman of the year four times .
    Oh and by the way good on you for disrespecting the 19 opposition players he has faced in grand slams
    edited January 2018
    A torn miniscus incurred by running a bath is not an ACL @spinking but are you going to tell me it's a major injury? :))

He played two slams in 2016-Semis in Aus Open and a choking effort in the semis v Raonic at Wimbledon.
    spinking said:

Oh and by the way good on you for disrespecting the 19 opposition players he has faced in grand slams

Ill get to that motley crew of no slam guys and one slam guys later. You're only highlighting how inflated his record is.
    Can you point out the five years he went without winning a slam . I am not a doctor but Arthroscopic knee surgery I would imagine would be classified as surgery in anyone's book apart from someone who continually bags the best in the world
    Wimbledon 2012-Aus Open 2017. Maybe not exactly five years but close enough. I will let you know Novak's grand slam finals record was 7-6 during that time period in which the so called GOAT only made three finals and lost all of them to the serb.
    Seems to me the only one calling him a goat is you. Why do I find that hard to understand. Phillipouses, saffin roddick , Hewitt Agassi Baghdatis Nadal djockovic murray. Are they the no slam blokes you are talking about . Then again I suppose seeing that you pot the most successful person to ever play the game I can understand how they would seem like no ones to you
    Soderling, Fernando Gonzalez too. Agassi was 35 and hadn't made a grand slam final in almost three years. It's safe to say he was past his prime, which is part of why Fecerer can only win at 36 when Novak is injured and/or absent.
    edited January 2018
    Nadal leads Federer 6--3 in grand slam finals. Djokovic leades Federer 3-1 inc back-to-back at Wimbledon in '14/'15
    I don't give a rats ****. About how there records stack up against each other . Who has won 19 grand slams and who is regarded as the best ever to play the game in the modern era. The more you bag him the deeper the hole you dig for yourself, so keep bagging him, just who bags the best in the world
    So you're back to calling him the GOAT!? That was quick. Im not sure how he has that title when he has losing records against his peers, though.
    edited January 2018
    This hole im in is actually really comfy becaise it's filled with lots and lots of facts which you dismiss in your blind adoration. How can he be considered the greatest of all eras when he cant beat the best of HIS era. Simple question. An answer would be nice.
    Greatest money earner of all time most grand slams ever those two little facts would tell me that . There is my answer. Where exactly did I call him a goat once again your imagination kicking in or just you talking crap again . And has he not beaten your boyfriend Rafa. Or Djokovic before.? I only keep responding to this just so people can see how good you are at bagging one of the best in the world. I have had enough now so go back to playing with your Seinfeld figurines
    spinking said:

and who is regarded as the best ever to play the game in the modern era. 

Do you even read your own posts?