G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 17 Non Members

Gloucester Park 13/02

Harness & Greyhounds
I've decided to try and create some value out of nothing races tonight. This will go brilliantly or I'll head home penniless.

Race 1

Your guess is as good as mine essentially. From the breeding side of things, 2 - OUR LIBERATOR is well-bred being out of G1 mare Libertybelle Midfrew and Mike Reed recently trialled her at Wanneroo, uncustomary of him. The quiet trial, finishing 4th of 4, could mean he was hiding her from the public eye but there's no early support for her. Hall Jnr on and drawn to lead if required. I was also a fan of 3 - EUPHORIC MOMENT's mother but this gelding has shown little to none at the trials and 4 - SPORTS CENTRAL ran a nice race on debut and is sure to be improved. His mother was a G1 winner also and there is early betting support for him.

Race 2

2 - NUCLEAR POKER won quite easily last start and will be able to find the front tonight, rendering it as the one to beat but the short quote has it well covered. However, if there is adequate pressure then 6 - HONEY AND LIME could be a decent each-way bet. Never a factor last start and faces a dive in class here from a race that I liked as a form reference.

Race 3

2 - ITS MY LUCKNOW will get a good run in transit here whether DEG decides to drop onto the leaders back or challenge for the front early. Her recent efforts have been solid and she looks a good each-way bet. 8 - GOTTA GO GABBANA did beat her by some 30m a month ago, but 2 - ITS MY LUCKNOW was working hard in a scorching 35.3 lead time and beat the others in that early duel home.

Race 4

5 - MY ART WORK deserves favouritism following a convincing win last start but there's not a lot to like about the price. Stablemate 10 - ZENNART was a very strong winner here a week ago but will again need racing luck from the draw.9 - FUN MAGIC TRIX blew the start by some 25m last week (as it tends to do every week) and ran home powerfully in a speedy last half. Punters keep throwing good money after bad but will be rewarded the day he finally puts it all together. It along with 2 - EL CARTEL could be playing for primarily place money but should not be ignored. 2 - EL CARTEL drops back in grade here and has not been disgraced in unsuitably run and significantly stronger races of late.

Race 5

6 - LUIS ALBERTO will have to earn it here but I have no doubt he is the better horse of he and 5 - BETTOR BE LIVELY. Whether its his night tonight I don't know. If the favourites flop spectacularly, 1 - ABETTA TINY DANCER will defy its odds and is better than the market suggests.

Race 6

Very even race. At the price I'm going to take 9 - TANAKA EAGLE. Is going better than numerical form suggests and if there is sufficient pace on he will be hard to hold out. Similarly, if the race isn't run to suit him 2 - JUS LIVINTHEDREAM, 5 - ANOTHER AYJAY and 7 - A BIT RUTHLESS can all figure, but at the odds you have to lean to 9 - TANAKA EAGLE.

Race 7

4 - SUNROSE VILLAGE is knocking on the door for another win and is over the odds tonight. His recent efforts have been strong in better races and looks a decent each-way play in a race where the favourites are under the odds and are yet to fully prove themselves in my eyes.

Race 8

10 - SAMMY CHARLES looks a good tip in another even trot line-up. He's knocking on the door to win one and his effort first up was strong when working and fighting to the line for another 2nd placing. 7 - BALMORAL BOY led and had it on his own terms when beating 10 - SAMMY CHARLES by 3m last time and has never won from the stand.  9 - DIAMOND GEEZER was comprehensively beaten by both of them. Additionally, 8 - LIGHTNING CALDER had his chance to beat 9 - DIAMOND GEEZER two starts back and couldn't. It looks 10 - SAMMY CHARLES' race but he finds it hard to win and these trot races are hard to assess.
+1 -1

Gilgamesh, jum, VillageKid likes this post.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    Not looking to recoup my money on Louis so those wanting to back him can have a free run.

Am going to have something on Atlastalone though, liked his last effort and looks a good race for him.

savethegame likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited February 2018
    One and out for me in tonights program.
    Sports Central in the first. Good effort first up by this burly Sportswriter youngster. Should benefit from the experience and liked his manners and the way he toughed it out last start.

Gilgamesh, JayJay, VillageKid likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    sports central thought he finds the top and too good...in the first...as well curmudgeon...they have the wrong trial vision for couple of the runners....in the first ..so a bit blindsided on a couple of them.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited February 2018
    Gee the no.2 in Race 1- Our Liberator is bred in the purple.
    But with that famous old saying from Bill Horn in the 80s ringing in my ears I will be interested in seeing how he runs.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

One for you to adjudicate on Offthebit......it looked like R Warwick managed to knock one down in a Euphoric Moment at Sports Central......in the bloody score up at half pace fer chrissake 
    edited February 2018
    An interesting aside to the first at GP.
    An unrestricted 2y/o event at this point of the season where all runners were Westbreds and a number bred by smaller groups of partners in what you would consider  "non commercial" breeding enterprises.
    Perhaps this is an early indication that the WA Westbred bonus is bringing about a resurgence in interest at the homegrown value level amongst the faithful. At a glance it would seem that is a possibility and if it is a portent of things to come well done to all concerned in hammering home the Westbred initiative and those thinking and acting to take up that particular breeding incentive. Gladdens my heart to think we may be witnessing a groundswell of local interest in the industry again.

See where alan parker wrote Shannon suvaljko is sitting on 1497 wins ;;and bother callan has 1183.. how far from the 500 club metro is  the brothers? only siblings to drive in excess of 1,000 winners.....The young brothers would have driven over 600 at a guess each?
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    edited February 2018
    See where alan parker wrote Shannon suvaljko is sitting on 1497 wins ;;and bother callan has 1183.. how far from the 500 club metro is  the brothers? only siblings to drive in excess of 1,000 winners.....The young brothers would have driven over 600 at a guess each?

Am not sure on the driving statistics (would love to be able to see them) but would Frank & Fred Kersley Snr be in that club STG?
    Maybe even other brothers Fred Jnr & Bill Kersley, Trevor & Colin Warwick, Greg & Lindsay Harper might be around the mark?
    Gee trevor &colin warwick you would think they would be up there ,don't no how far alan parkers records  go back on country winners, but have seen metro tallies that go a fare way back. for individual tallies...Could be mistaken think it took bill kersley twenty years to drive 50 city winners...
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Fred gets there on his own sans Bill, as does Trevor and Lindsay.
    Jay jay  just trying to work out where brothers sit in relation  to suvaljko bros both over 1.000....where
    you would say if bill kersley has driven 400 you would say both kersleys have driven over 400....the
    tally of the second stringer is important...
    edited February 2018
    Mario and Con Condipodero haven't said arrivederci to the 1000 winners yet STG ...but not out of the question  L-)

Some  --  ----     Hope if Mark Brandon ''chopper' Read was doing the tallies. he tacked a few extra on.----Only to be remembered ..ha ha.

Just on brothers mark and Stephen Reed .....thought that Stephen reed was a good driver  but didn't seem to drive his own horses much....might not have liked it?
  • One for you to adjudicate on Offthebit......it looked like R Warwick managed to knock one down in a Euphoric Moment at Sports Central......in the bloody score up at half pace fer chrissake 

Havent seen tbe replay but by going on the stewards comments the 5 hung in during the score up.aybe that contributed to it. Not sure didnt see the race.

What i can comment on was the peach of a drive in the 7th. Took the initiatives at the start then Took the fav out of play at tbe bell while softening up the leader. Smart drive to say the least.

Chariotsonfire likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Not decrying "2nd stringers" at all STG, sorry if that came across that way but absolutely no disrespect but without looking it up, FRK was over 1700 metro winners and Trevor Warwick 1136 metro winners....I don't think Bill drove a huge number of metro winners, maybe around 250 or so from memory.
    A bit of attempted jest from me 2LT. Looked like Kyle Harpers horse ran out of room in the score up and Ryans wheel was very adjacent to its front legs when it went down on its nose....all from side on....2 y/o 's. Sports Central may well have been carried down.....just thought I may have gotten Offthebit well and truly Onthebit for a bit of humour  :D
    Jay Jay;; no didn't take it that way;;;only trying to work out who would be second to suvaljko brothers..hope alan reads this and no doubt he would have the answer;;the career wins total of the lesser light gives us the pecking order..of brothers..
  • A bit of attempted jest from me 2LT. Looked like Kyle Harpers horse ran out of room in the score up and Ryans wheel was very adjacent to its front legs when it went down on its nose....all from side on....2 y/o 's. Sports Central may well have been carried down.....just thought I may have gotten Offthebit well and truly Onthebit for a bit of humour  :D

Wouldnt put it past R Warwick to be daydreaming and wondering where his next golf game wad gunna be. Heard a bang and realised he was in the score up haha.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    Have to say some of Ritchies commentary was pretty good tues just watching the replays.

I keep coming back to him clearly loving a punt on anything that moves and his mind just already being on sat afternoons on friday night.

Sometimes on friday nights I worry that is having a stroke he splutters the names out so poorly.

Bring tuesday night Rich on for friday and he will be far easier on the ear.

Gilga. you have Ritchie to a tee not only is he calling a race his working the bets out for tomorrow..

Seen him in tab once with laptop phone papers notebook all laid out... If his hair was grey you would swear it was Julius summer miller ....
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    560 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Have to say some of Ritchies commentary was pretty good tues just watching the replays.

I keep coming back to him clearly loving a punt on anything that moves and his mind just already being on sat afternoons on friday night.

Sometimes on friday nights I worry that is having a stroke he splutters the names out so poorly.

Bring tuesday night Rich on for friday and he will be far easier on the ear.

Did Ritchie say in Gotta Go Gobbana race, as they turn into the straight with a lap to go, they are about to enter the shadow from the stadium?

AbbysAce said:

Gilgamesh said:

Did Ritchie say in Gotta Go Gobbana race, as they turn into the straight with a lap to go, they are about to enter the shadow from the stadium?
    sure did but then added g.p......All it is  the wires from ground control to major Ritchie just getting crossed