Sport

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    And the women's winner is...

https://goo.gl/images/J1LdJ7

Well deserved first slam for Wozniacki..scrubs up alright too :D

PAUL, spinking likes this post.

• therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    Someone has to give Halep a sponsorship. She's one tough cookie.
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Bit late for everyone Thunder I thought she said that was her fiancé in the box pardon the pun
    Yeh she has had a few up there spink.. allegedly :P

jum likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    She was engaged to Rory McIlroy 3 or 4 years ago but he called it off just after all the wedding invitations were sent out.

Now engaged to David Lee who has recently retired after 12 years in the NBA
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    I have always been a Rafa fan and always threw up the Fed head to head differential with Rafa to support my argument. Rafa was Feds nemesis for so many years that he was beat before stepping on to the court.
    Last years AO final where Fed threw caution to the wind and came back from a break down in the fifth to beat Rafa exorcised a lot of demons.
    Rafa I dont think has beaten Fed since.
    Got to give it to Fed (who I thought was a great front runner) to be going as well as he is at 36. 
    edited January 2018
    @detonator I find it hard to believe he is better at 36 than he was at 35, 34, 33,32 or 31 and it's not even Rafa he needs to worry about. It's whoever is challenging him. It used to be Rafa but then it was Novak. 

Look at Novak's overall  GS record between 2011-2016. He made 18/24 GS Finals and won 11 titles.

Roger made 5/22 finals, winning one but, really his 'absence' from the 2016 French Open was a technicality. He hadn't made the final since 2011. No way he was getting past Novak, Rafa, et al. Rogers record from 2012 US Open is even worse: 3/17 GS Finals beaten by Novak in all inc 14/15 Wimbledon. Novak made 13/17 Finals in that time
    Dont disagree with a lot of your points re Fed, Novak, Rafa, Murray etc. Novak to do what he did ended in burn out.
    When Fed hangs up his racquet he will look back to AO final 2017 as his greatest match , considering who was on the other side of the net and probably his greatest ever comeback and what was at stake.
    edited January 2018
    I didn't think Fed could have won that match in the past, so he deserves the credit he received. If it had been Novak on the other side of the net-the cybrog version, not this current imposter- tho....
    Congrats to Feds, Slam no 20 secured.
    #what a LEGEND

Honourable mention to Cilic who gave him a real run tonight but fell short in the 5th set..

spinking, thefalcon likes this post.

Did Hamish McLachlan really just ask if Roger had made four GS Finals in a row before? And then asked the researchers to find out? How does this lame horse-riding muppet still keep getting a gig? He clearly has no discernible skill whatsoever. Bruce McAvaney would know off the top of his head. 
    McLachlan should stick to footy. He is only fronting seven because of his power broker brother Gillon.
    Basil is there because his supporter happens to own the seven network.
    Courier has run his race. Need a new voice. He is stale and even comes across as stale. I believe he gets a million bucks for his two week stint.
    Lleyton is good to listen to. Once he gets the Davis cup job out of his system he will be on seven, not just for tennis but also AFL I believe.
    Sevens coverage of the Melbourne Carnival is stale as well. I am over Francesca and Bruce. Same same year after year.

oldhendo likes this post.

No crying after Rafa no fetal position after cilic just another slam to add to the other nineteen. Kramer put rafas cilics and your own nuts in your mouth and after the end of the Hong Kong season you just might have to find a bit more room for zacks but don't let it worry you just keek bagging them mate
    And now to top it all of your bagging the joker the Djokovic that turned up here guess what he didn't make the final . What's that saying about if my Aunty had ba... she would of been my uncle
    Tennis is an emotional game :((

edited January 2018
    spinking said:

And now to top it all of your bagging the joker the Djokovic that turned up here guess what he didn't make the final . What's that saying about if my Aunty had ba... she would of been my uncle

So why exactly did Roger go missing at precisely the time Djokovic was dominating? Just answer me that. Where did the GOAT disappear to for almost five years when the going got tough? I was a fan but that video is part of why I lost respect for him. Shamelessly making it all about him even in defeat.
    Not an isolated incident either

Ha ha twenty yes twenty grand slams greatest money earner ever. Best ever to play the game should I keep going
    You realise Novak l has won $111m. What say you when he inevitably becomes the hghest money winner?
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    If i just bagged 4-5 million for two weeks work id be putting on the waterworks as well hahaha

Good on the fed. Hes a good guy, cant hate him for that
    I would say congratulations you are now the highest money earner in  world tennis  great accomplishment . That would be your cue to start bagging him
    edited January 2018
    @spinking If money motivates him-and his lobbying for an increase during the Aus Open suggests it may-then whatever makes him happy. It's irrelevant in the discussion of who is best-that's your argument, I'm just highlighting how sill a measure it is. Being the winningest Grand Slam winner does not necessarily make Roger the best. He surpassed Laver a long time ago in terms of GS wins yet there are those that will always say Laver's calendar year slams put him ahead of all. It's who you beat when you win, not just how many.
    The AO heat policy is a joke. They played with the roof closed at night. Sure it was humid but it was all about spectator comfort and pristine conditions for the single handle backhander. Faster bouncier conditions would have favoured Cilic for sure. When it is hot and sunny players stand in the shade between ponts but are still made to play and suffer. Seems like King Fed has a direct line to Craig Tiley.
    @detonator You can't question Fed like that. He is special. Would you really want to see him crying again if he'd lost because it was too hot? You would? Yeah, me, too ;))
    Ha ha geez you love dealing in what ifs don't you. The tennis is over but as I said leave some room in your mouth for when Honk Kong finishes
    @spinking You're not fooling anyone. The more angry you become at even the slightest constructive criticism levelled at Federer or Moreira is very revealing. You have a thing for effeminate men who cry a lot. I'm not judging you. In fact straight men who bang 'twinks' without comoromising their heterosexuality is a thing apparently. All power to you.
    The Aussie open is over but what is more funnier than your above post is you mentioning constructive criticism please give us a spell . Do any of these little constructive criticisms  ring a bell. Doughnut king Brazillian horse thief, son of a bitch, tragig man crapeolle. You and constructive criticism do not belong in the same postcode
    edited January 2018
    Wrong. This is how you lose. No tears, just class

• PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    edited February 2018
    Federer to now play in Rotterdam next week. If he makes it through to the semi-finals, he will become the oldest men's world #1. Andre Agassi at 33 (in 2003) is the oldest men's world #1.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/federer-accepts-rotterdam-wild-card

Currently a 155-point difference between Nadal (9760) and Federer (9605) in the rankings.
  • PAULPAUL    2,665 posts
    PAUL said:

Federer to now play in Rotterdam next week. If he makes it through to the semi-finals, he'll become the oldest men's world #1. Andre Agassi at 33 (in 2003) is the oldest men's world #1.

Federer beat Robin Haase in the quarter-finals at Rotterdam, 4-6 6-1 6-1, to guarantee he'll become world #1 again when the new rankings come out on Monday.

Thunderstruck likes this post.