In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

Comments worth a post but not a thread

West Australian Racing

Comments

• ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    spinking said:

So Bruce Mcavaney in this mornings paper thinks it is there job to compare the champions of the turf. Cant take this bloke seriously when he doesn't even have Makebe Diva in his list of  greats he has seen

Bruce Mcavaney is a Flog. Would rather listen to my cat call football ,or any other event that he commentates on .And I am not very fond of cat either .His opinions are judged by how far he can wriggle up someones ****  to make him feel Special>
    :))

oldhendo, spinking, rustyh, TheDiva likes this post.

• tonytony    2,373 posts
    The_Bull said:

It's not often you see a horse finish the race without the rider in the saddle and still be declared a runner. Such was the case in race 6 @ Naracoorte today. The horse ducked out from underneath Eran Boyd right before the post. Worth a watch.

They would have had to use the photo finish to see if jockey (L German) did not hit the ground until horse had reached the post.
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts
    You're right. It was Lewis German.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,738 posts
    What's going on wth Maddison Brown guys? Hasn't had a ride for a while.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    ^^^ lucky us.... :-B

Gilgamesh, AceV likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,040 posts
    tony said:

The_Bull said:

It's not often you see a horse finish the race without the rider in the saddle and still be declared a runner. Such was the case in race 6 @ Naracoorte today. The horse ducked out from underneath Eran Boyd right before the post. Worth a watch.

They would have had to use the photo finish to see if jockey (L German) did not hit the ground until horse had reached the post.
    It's about carrying the weight across the line. The jockey still had hold of the reins so all good despite hitting the ground before the line.

PNG
    PNG
    1.PNG
    PNG
    PNG
    2.PNG
  • FlandersFlanders    1,208 posts
    Rodent said:

tony said:

The_Bull said:

It's about carrying the weight across the line. The jockey still had hold of the reins so all good despite hitting the ground before the line.

I seem to remember David Catarino had a similar experience one day maybe on one of Sharon Millers but his was a non runner. The ruling was that if any party of the body touched the ground before the line it was DQ'd
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Why the long delay at york to the first?
  • runyonrunyon    572 posts
    Indefinite delay due to lightening in the area.
    Lightning.
    I'm going to stick my neck out and say I'm confident I've found the quinella in Race 1 at Norseman on Saturday :))

Jell, RIO, jum likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited April 2018
    runyon said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I'm confident I've found the quinella in Race 1 at Norseman on Saturday :))

#matchrace

Has the Wakaha Kid been retired?

Best chance he has to break in to the big leagues!

jum likes this post.

• hollda09hollda09    225 posts
    edited April 2018
    Yesterday pretty funny, riderless horse puts mid-race pressure on the 1.6 pop and it withers to run 3rd. Was it just me or were they holding them too long in the barriers yesterday? Felt like they were to blame for horses going off in the gates.
  • MoonrakerMoonraker    99 posts

Had a chuckle at the first line of the Norseman race 1 stewards report.

'HUSSLEHOFF Slow to begin losing one length.'

How do we know it wasn't that the other runner was really fast to begin??

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,762 posts
    Always enjoy some lateral thinking on this forum. Well played Moonie.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Good to see Dainty Tess getting a chance to show her toughness on the east coast

http://www.rwwa.com.au/home/media-centre/dainty-tess-books-east-coast-trip-7470.html

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,232 posts
    Why the big money for Atacama Sky today?
    cos they thought it would win...easy peesy....
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,692 posts
    I would be curious to know why they liked it.
    Right grade certainly but 1400 a huge query.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    this is not much of a bet then is it? 

Mr Fletcher bet a whopping $38,777 on the hot favourite More Joyous, which was racing at Rosehill. The John Singleton-owned mare’s Group 1 win returned $1,551.08.
    im sure they mean profited. 
    He backed Travinator the following week at $1.20. 
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    From what we can read all bets placed were winners..

Wasn’t this famous Sydney syndicate responsible for plunges on our local races, some of which tactics and rides were very questionable... can’t see how a betting syndicate can influence jockeys and speed maps

GaryH likes this post.

• GaryHGaryH    1,012 posts
    So, it looks like the main complaint is that the bookies thought they were dealing with mug punters with no idea.  There's no accusation that the bets were rigged, just that the real punter had been banned from them for being too successful?  

Will be interesting to see what the courts think of themselves being used to enforce non-competitive behaviou?

Thunderstruck, Manchild, RIO likes this post.

I think there's more to it than that Gary.. 
    at the time, he was banned from punting on races in Australia. warned off or something similar? 
    i can't figure out the bets having such strange last 3 digits...eg $38,777...why not $39k or even a round $40k..... :-??
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    probably a total account unload. Whats in the account was bet 

TheDiva, thefalcon likes this post.

Which would have been a red flag in itself

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Or maybe they were working on the return they wanted..