G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members
jumjum    3,512 posts

Going to kick this off today. Really like the first part of this card.

Race 1)Really like the look of the Lindsey Smith Trained Nemiroff. Something obviously amiss last prep when 3 wide the trip. The Durrant trained Favourite Jedaffair  is the danger after absolutely stopped in its tracks last start.

Race 2) Montagna. I know the owners. Slow maturing 5 yr old, With heaps of staying ability. Should be winning this. $3.30 is a good price.

Race 3) Red Army should be too good for this lot. Hoping Rio"s filly can return to somewhere near her best form.

Race 4 ) Cracking race this, been awaiting Brutus Maximus's return. But feel the 1200 might be to short. Amelie Argot, I feel might cross and lead all the way though. but there are some handy types in this.

Race 5) I like Golgotha to beat Touched here. But will also have a bit on a $150/1 pop in Bardsey. It's run wasn't to bad the other day and extra trip will suit.

Race 6) Route 88 was just too impressive at Pinjarra the other day to go against here.  $3.10 $-)

Race 7) Young Kirby ran into more Arseholes than a sitting parliament last start on Fast As The Wind. But will go back from the 12 and have to get over the top of them. Dealing was huge last start first up over 1500 and stuck on late. with that 1st up run and @ $9 I think will improve enough to hold out FATW. Bit of a knock on the Fav as it beat a field of Kojonup maidens. Will probably win by 5 now   8-X

Happy punting PTTers

+1 -1

Thunderstruck, Coldy, SKIDS likes this post.

Comments

• ColdyColdy    1,720 posts
    Just noticed my Black booker  on breeding appear. Brutus Maximus . Little bit unders for mine .Have been waiting patiently for his return. Wide draw may just help get odds out to at least $8s?  Will be a bolt of lightning in last 150m if gets clear space  
  • pikerpiker    404 posts
    Fantastic preview Jum.
    I will  working for all the program and will miss  it; but catch up later on the replays.
    I hope the Brutus horse salutes in R/4; a good Fastnet Rock is just great to see.
    In R/5, Golgotha is surely having his last chance; how any trainers now? I would love to be on What Dat Song at 70's!
    Last time had Route 88 into Rebow; painful end! Route 88 looks good tomorrow. 
    I love the name on Pelican Pick in the last; sounds like my attempts!
    It must be a hard race; NSW Tab hasn't even put up fixed odds.

jum likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    88 is a lay for mine at the price of $3
    Those 1000m races at pinjarra throw up funny results at time so the form out of them can be hard to line up, im not convinced on it

And in the 2nd, interesting to see the stewards report saying Art Mort requires a senior jockey on his horse at its next start, willing to forgive its last run and give it one more chance in the staying race of the day.. I’ll be keeping a close eye on Montagna to see how it goes and whether it can strengthen the formline out of its last start defeat

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    edited May 2018
    ^^ well i would have picked another senior jock personally.R2 My watch is on Snitzatune, can't see Abledane turning the tables so i reckon FRK'S 3yo should prove hard to beat.
    Whilst Ponty should time his run right hopefully he will get the bonus of a lovely cart up..and 2200 should be ok now he has had that Pinjarra kill.

R3 i think Red Army might give "David Niven's" galloper too much start? SP should possie up 3rd the fence hopefully(or 5th at worst)hook out as they hit the turn and charge home..Keepers Tale with the weight relief for BK right in the mix too..very consistent mare who ran well last time behind Pearls and Prawns..they do look the logical skinny 3 for the trifecta.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    hash said:

And in the 2nd, interesting to see the stewards report saying Art Mort requires a senior jockey on his horse at its next start, willing to forgive its last run and give it one more chance in the staying race of the day..

That stewards report is interesting. The saddle slipped but her gear was in good working order. Surely they cant blame the girl because ole Arty didn't do up the saddle tight enough.

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    There's a couple I like today.

Lucky Legacy - E/W in the 3rd.

*Reykjavik - Win in the 4th.

Le Schiller - E/W at cricket score odds in the 5th.

Vega Dior - E/W in the 6th.

Happy punting, geez it's nice to be home B-)

jum likes this post.

• YankeeYankee    299 posts
    Backed my three yesterday and they have continued to firm,punters may not know i have backed them!
    R1 Shapita
    R3 Red Army
    R4 Brutus Maximus

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Vega Dior - 14's into 7/2  :)]
  • ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    Only bet today Tycoon Legend
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I've backed Dance West at $101 in the first. Not the worst but I'm willing to find out
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Well it ran last so it obviously was the first @-)
    Pike knows when to jump on Witchery Woman, 2nd win from just 2 rides lets all the other jocks get the horse fit then goes bang!

jum likes this post.

Drifted to $7 at the jump oh my lord more christmas in May :x
    Any better odds on betfair @ Rodent?
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts

Drifted to $7 at the jump oh my lord more christmas in May :x
    Any better odds on betfair @ Rodent?

$8 but best tote paid $8.60! It saved my bacon.

edited May 2018
    need ; 4, 9, 10 or 14 for the qauddie. :bz

45% c'mon!!!
    Parnham to finish the day with a winner..
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Ride of the day by Kirby there to get it on the fence as soon as he jumped from 12
    Watch the replay and see him dart straight to the fence as soon as he leaves the gates. 10/10 rude young fella

Tigers2014, Ridersonthestorm33, jum likes this post.

• Tigers2014Tigers2014    66 posts
    :)>-

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited May 2018
    Guns Of Navarone continues to start at nice eachway odds...seemed a little overs when winning the Diggers Cup on Anzac Day at $8.50 and $2.50, then a very good second at an eachway price of $8 and today in the small field wins again at $7 and $3 a place.
    Been a bit underrated this guy.

• ChrisChris    5,218 posts
    Maybe the Stevie factor too but going well. Opened at $3.10 for the record.

hash likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    forgetting the pilot...it was the closest thing to a cert. for a long time...

True that Falc..May the "stevie factor" continue...
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    thefalcon said:

forgetting the pilot...it was the closest thing to a cert. for a long time...

I'm a fan of GON but it was far from a cert. Even though a small field, it had depth. The horse got out to a silly price and was a great bet BUT when they get a charmed run and have every conceivable chance and win by a long head, they were very far from being a certainty!