G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 31 Non Members
Very quiet on here the last few days so lets get some discussion rolling on the Pearl Friday night.

You would assume that Franco Edward would win if it holds the lead.

It was crossed eventually by Bitcoin in the heat but was still far superior. Can Bletchley Park cross at the start and can Franco Edward sit outside of it and outstay them.

Does look like a race in two. Thoughts?

Comments

• 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    Chariots, I fear the horse will be 3 back the fence unless he can get off once he is crossed (might cost him a few weeks)  The 6 will cross easy if they light it up off the gate.

Another great race for me is the duel between Cott Beach and Infinite Symbol
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    You may be right but The Embezzler couldn't cross Babyface Adda in January so far from convinced it can cross Bletchley Park.
  • curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited June 2018
    I think Bletchley Park is nearly a good thing given the draw and its versatility ...might be one of those horses that entices you to look for ways for it to be beaten but you won't often find them....just like his older relations in the Bling family  Trained to the minute for this by Mike Reed on face value of its last run..
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    Really good race I think....first run in 1987 and won by Picture Star for Lou Austin and Bob Sutherland. Remember Don Athaldo winning it for Jesse Moore, Don Athaldo was reputably Australia's strongest man back at the turn of the century and I think they campaigned Don Athaldo at Moonee Valley when FRK drove him in one of those rich juvenile races over there. He was out of a Mount Eden mare tracing back to Mystical Rose, a mare raced by John Sullivan for those who remember ...Sullivan lived in Nile Steet where he used to clock horses from his front verandah and he wasn't shy to a bit of market pinching......
    Other good winners include the brilliant juvenile Prince of Gold, whitby's Miss Penny, Rich And Spoilt, Disco Force, The Jobs On, the ill fated James Matthew who had an incredible juvenile record, Argent Treasure, the most unlikely 2 year old winner Major Catastrophe and last year Jack Mac.
    Franco Edward has huge potential, he went enormous last start but was a bit of a handful and  an old rule of thumb for 2 year olds is manners, manners, manners and Bletchley Park, a full brother to Bling It On, has it in spades.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited June 2018
    $2.50 a drum Major Survivor inside row back draw following out the favourite. G. Hall Jnr. Looks to be a chance for the Charlie Chase ( place ).
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Disco Force hey - was that the 2 year old - that  John Hunt was in total  awe of - did he wax lyrical when that thing went around - it was like him calling Bradman when batting - dear oh dear oh me

And not being a cynic - but  i dont think it did much after its 2 year old days - the gloss and sheen certainly came off
    Disco Force met his waterloo in the shape of The Falcon Strike but was nonetheless a precocious juvenile.....like a lot of the Resonator progeny he had more run than stick but had a lifetime record of 99 - 27 -9 -11 &  $268 K in prizemoney. Been a lot worse than him go around .....he was an awfully colty horse at the races from memory.
    Disco ended up in the USA but he was certainly worth waxing lyrical about as a 2yo...won 8 races, many by panels of fencing in collossal time for the day,  including the Golden Slipper and The Pearl and a great looker to boot. Was Australian 2YO of the Year in 2000, his dam Madam Butterfly was out of Butterfly Trunkey, Australian Broodmare of the year,  and she was a sister to Tailamade Lombo and about 10 other really good winners. He stacks up very well for prolific Bridgetown breeders John and Sue Awcock.
    edited June 2018
    A deadset quinella tomorrow night...that's the plan anyway...only a $2 to 2.50 dividend but race four Bettors Fire to lead from the one and Tommy Be Good to angle straight in behind from the two.

Tommy should appreciate that run and at the very least run second.
    Galactic Star and Shandale have an edge in class and haven't had much luck of late I think and the Bettors /Tommy quinella should pay more than 2 bucks if it gets up.
    Defying the speed map I think Tisadream was/is over the odds @ $13 and $2,88 in the first.
  • SourceSource    75 posts
    Place all up

Soho Leviathan
    Auctioneers Elsu

Defying the speed map I think Tisadream was/is over the odds @ $13 and $2,88 in the first.

There is a good chance the race will be a blowout tri/first four result should the right personalities get involved in a wrestle in the early stages.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Thereugo
    Race 2- Carter Michael
    Race 3- El Jacko
    Race 4- Bettors Fire
    Race 5- Franco Edward
    Race 6- Cott Beach
    Race 7- Better Scoot
    Race 8- Rolling Commander
    Race 9- Im Stylish
    Race 10- Jack Mac
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    841 posts

There is a good chance the race will be a blowout tri/first four result should the right personalities get involved in a wrestle in the early stages.
    Looks like an absolute procession to me.

Frankthetank likes this post.

Clever drive Mick Grantham on The Bucket List - wanted the one out one back run and achieved it...more importantly pulled out three wide right at the precise time.
    Tommy Be Good all dressed up but nowhere to go!
  • OnTheBridleOnTheBridle    36 posts
    I think you’ve over complicated the Pearl. I anticipate Franco Edward will lead and win.
    R1 ....Tri $259 & f4 $1584 ...nice result for a procession.....

Lord Willoughby has not been out of a place in his last 21 runs...9 wins, 8 seconds, 4 thirds...such consistency.....such an honest horse.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Just finished watching the football - just looked up the results

The 1st 3 races - has someone got a  fast watch - 1.54.6  1.53.6 - Carter Michael  - thats the horse Jay Jay beat last  week - with a flat tyre - and race 3 - 2500 metres - 1.55.8 - in the middle of winter
  • tofarkennardtofarkennard    177 posts
    Lucky sensation $1.10 pop only way could get beat under drive it ..no disrespect to young Ferguson but ya top drivers rated n rolled wins easy
  • 2lifetimewinners2lifetimewinners    508 posts
    The jack mac bubble burst
    Marko, you missed the 1st score up in Carter Michaels race....he galloped, pig rooted, bucked and carried on, nearly hit the eject button on ACL, to cause a very early false start...and immediatley drifted out a point or two.....honestly, you would have been hell nervous if you were on him ( and I am speaking from my pocket here) and then rolled straight to the front and never looked in doubt....phew!!!
  • PackedMetalPandaPackedMetalPanda    166 posts
    Franco Edward a serious horse winning easy in the Pearl, would love to see him sit back and win now to become a more versatile horse but he’s exciting. Two pearl winners raced last night, both ran 2nd. Jack Mac and Major Catastrophe...bit of useless trivia there.

Not sure that the bubble burst just beaten by a very smart horse with the softer run.

jum, curmudgeon likes this post.

Two pearl winners raced last night, both ran 2nd. Jack Mac and Major Catastrophe...bit of useless trivia there.

Haha Matt, no trivia is ever useless....ever.
    :))
  • rooster321rooster321    186 posts

Not sure that the bubble burst just beaten by a very smart horse with the softer run.

Beaten by a very clever front running drive
    edited June 2018
    Rooster are you forgetting that Ryan Warwick is supposedly a very ordinary driver!  :-*
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts

Beaten by a very clever front running drive
    Shame his previous 6 drives on the night weren't as clever.
    The drive on bitcoin was mind boggling and shorties biting the dust left right and centre.
    Just a typical Friday night for Ryan
    JayJay said:

Marko, you missed the 1st score up in Carter Michaels race....he galloped, pig rooted, bucked and carried on, nearly hit the eject button on ACL, to cause a very early false start...and immediatley drifted out a point or two.....honestly, you would have been hell nervous if you were on him ( and I am speaking from my pocket here) and then rolled straight to the front and never looked in doubt....phew!!!

You ought take " advantage " of CM time last night - and put Neighlor on the market -  and you could end up owning that Cake shop - heres your add for you

Last start GP winner - beat a 1.53 horse - no time wasters please - all genuine offers over 250k will be considered - finance can be arranged for " approved " purchases

I can remember Gai Waterhouse before she was the media darling - might have been 20 years ago - hadnt been training for long - when 400k was alot of money - and she was trying to flog this horse ( the horse wasnt much good - and might have been nominated for the Melb Cup )  It had nothing to  do with racing ( must have been some other angle - dispute - issue ) - but it was made public the negoitations- and went along the lines of re her to the potential buyer

Come on come on come on  - youve got to be quick - you could miss out here - come on come on come on

Some people and money hey