G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Bancroft, Smith and Warner.

Sport
licklick    305 posts
Banned for a despicable act, given 12 months suspension, brought our country shame.

But hang on, five minutes later (well, three months) they are back playing and making headlines!

Too soft on them Cricket Australia - where is the discipline and the message to our younger generation.
+1 -1

oldhendo likes this post.

Comments

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Banished to Darwin / Canada, giving back to the game, isn’t punishment ?

Winsumlosesum, jum likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,741 posts
    edited July 2018
    Bancroft, Smith & Warner..... I think I have one of their albums in my record collection. :D

Quote: Banned for a despicable act, given 12 months suspension, brought our country shame.

Despicable act and brought our country shame. I thought that was Australia conceding a word record 481 runs to England in a recent one day match.

TheDiva likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    thought they were going to be giving back to the game at grass roots in Australia? Not playing international T20 tournaments.
    If they thought the ban was too heavy... they should have grown some balls and come out and said they overreacted... poorly handled all reound i reckon. 
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    They're doing what anyone who's got into any trouble does-**** off overseas until the hysteria dies down. The general public are largely morons who react first and think later, much later., if at all. Out of sight, out of mind...

VillageKid likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    edited July 2018
    JL the saviour of Aust cricket ??? Going about as good as Brendan Bolton.
    Was he brought in to straighten up Aust cricket culture on and off the field ?
    I may be mistaken, but wasn't it one of "his" boys that was doing the rubbing of the sandpaper on the ball ??
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    detonator said:

JL the saviour of Aust cricket ??? Going about as good as Brendan Bolton.
    Was he brought in to straighten up Aust cricket culture on and off the field ?
    I may be mistaken, but wasn't it one of "his" boys that was doing the rubbing of the sandpaper on the ball ??

8-| 8-| 8-|
  • therealkramertherealkramer    8,008 posts
    @detonator JL is a honest as his 'creaky' bat handle was in that Hobart test v Pakistan all those years ago when Gilly made 149* ;))
  • detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

@detonator JL is a honest as his 'creaky' bat handle was in that Hobart test v Pakistan all those years ago when Gilly made 149* ;))

I prefer honesty and results. :D
  • rooboyrooboy    1,421 posts
    What a load of crap from you guys!The only guy to be vanished and barred from cricket is Warner!
    He's the cancer in the side and has always been since day dot as Smith and his hierachy just sat and watched this piece of crap do what he wants!
    Yep I admit Smith/Lehmann was weak to let him get away with it for so long but they became the scapegoat along with Bancroft!
    Smith and Bancroft should be put straight back in the Aust side and everyone moves on apart from that pigmy!

jum, oldhendo likes this post.