G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 22 Non Members

Comments

• SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    A win to the very plucky 2yo Mishani Hustler in the Listed race.... can he make it Doomben double with Hang in the Group 3 last :D
    edited May 2018
    4 from 5 for the stable at the hill today.... ouch   :-B
    Going to back it up with a massive day at Gatton today.

Another 4 outa 5 perhaps? :)]
  • RodentRodent    7,024 posts
    I saw this on aap:

Tuesday 15 May, 2018

Mark Oberhardt

A second worker from trainer Ben Currie's Toowoomba stables has been suspended for three months for giving false evidence to stewards.Queensland Racing Integrity Commission stewards on Tuesday concluded an inquiry into evidence given by Silde Canda to stewards on May 10.Canda was found guilty of providing false evidence during an investigation contrary to the rules of racing.The inquiry heard that on May 10 integrity investigation team members interviewed Canda as part of the ongoing investigation into alleged race-day treatment of horses from Currie Racing in the lead-up to the Weetwood Handicap meeting on April 7.It was alleged during the interview Canda was required to produce his mobile phone but he said it was at home as it was not working due to accidentally being smashed the previous night.The inquiry heard further enquiries proved the statement to be untrue and the fully operational phone was recovered from Canda's vehicle.The phone was seized and was being examined.QRIC Commissioner Ross Barnett said investigations were continuing to determine whether Canda was counselled by another person to be deceptive and uncooperative with stewards.Barnett said any licensed participant who made a false or misleading statement about any matter under investigation was committing an offence.Last week another Currie employee, Cameron Schwenke, was found guilty of a race-day treatment offence and disqualified for three months.Currie's father Mark has pleaded not guilty to alleged offences relating to the Weetwood day investigations and his case will be heard next week.

SKIDS likes this post.

Why do things like this always take so long to sort out?

Anyway, it hasn't done any harm to the stable.
    Curries last month has been better than his long term average.
    34 starters for 9 (25.2%) wins and 8 (50%) more running a place.

We haven't named our Better Than Ready yearling yet, he looks nice and will be an early runner. B-)

Ben Currie facing 31 charges, ban placed on his horses.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Be a decent stint on the pine bench i gather

Media release

1 June 2018

Ben Currie ok to train until Internal Review
    The Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) today granted Toowoomba Trainer Ben
    Currie a stay of proceedings until the Internal Review decision in relation to the Stewards direction
    is finalised.
    QCAT denied Mr Currie an interim stay on Wednesday this week after the stay of proceedings
    hearing was adjourned until today.
    QRIC Commissioner Ross Barnett said today’s outcome was the decision of the independent umpire
    and Mr Currie was now free to resume training until five days after he received the Internal Review
    decision.
    “Mr Currie lodged an Internal Review application earlier this week and the Internal Reviewer has
    twenty business days to consider it,” he said.
    “The QRIC Stewards Inquiry where Mr Currie faces 31 breaches of the Australian Rules of Racing
    was adjourned at his request on Monday, 28 May for him to prepare his defence and is expected to
    resume later this month.”

edited June 2018
    First runners for Ben for a while.
    His 2 in the second are not without hope, at long odds.

Still kick myself for not taking 10% in Honey Toast for $500 when Ben bought him out of Victoria for a song..... 9 bloody wins!

Anyway, wishin' the stable all the best for today
    ~O)
    edited July 2018
    Media release
    26 July 2018
    Currie Racing samples cleared of prohibited substances
    The Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) has completed the scientific testing in the
    investigation of Toowoomba training stable Currie Racing.
    QRIC Commissioner Ross Barnett said it was important to be transparent about the test results that
    have now been cleared of prohibited substances.
    “All testing is now complete and none of the samples taken for testing contained any prohibited
    substances,” he said.
    “Officers of the Commission took a number of blood and urine samples from seven horses and
    seized a number of items for testing from the Currie Racing stables on 7 April 2018 and in the
    aftermath, several Currie Racing employees have been charged and penalised for race day
    treatment breaches.
    “I want to make it clear that treating a horse on race day with any medication, prohibited or not
    without the permission of the Stewards is a breach of the Australian Rules of Racing.
    The legal representatives of both Ben and Mark Currie have been informed of the latest findings

https://www.qric.qld.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/QRIC-Media-Release_-Currie-Racing-samples-cleared-of-prohibited-substances.pdf
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited February 2019
    Been charged with seven new offences including those relating to “jiggers” i have just read on msn
  • ToepuntitToepuntit    241 posts
    Grubs been dodging bullets for ages now, get on with it and give him life..... Related somehow to the Nolan's I believe, now that's a good clean racing family, just a shame it didn't rub off onto him.
    edited February 2019
    Toepuntit said:

Grubs been dodging bullets for ages now, get on with it and give him life..... Related somehow to the Nolan's I believe, now that's a good clean racing family, just a shame it didn't rub off onto him.

Very interesting times ahead. Before you execute him, he does get a fair hearing.

Has Little John in the 4th & Mr Markou in the 7th today at good E/W prices.
    Mishani Electra should win the 8th@ Doomben.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    no matter what you say, skids, he's a goner and should get at least 20 years if not life..whatever he gets, his life is pharqued.
    before u say anything else just remember we are all architects of our destinies...
    :-B
    Have you seen the evidence Falc?

Mr Markou, got it @ 10's... now a protest.
    After my 2nd in the last leg of the Melbourne qauddie today, I don't like my chances.
    How many charges has he had total, including raceday treatment ones??

Are you saying the stewards and the integrity stipes are bullying him?
    I'm saying... innocent until proven guilty.

Isn't that the way it works?
    Ben will be pleading not guilty to the charges.

Currie's barrister Jim Murdoch said Currie's legal team had written to chief steward Peter Chadwick asking for a deferment.

"It will give us natural justice in that we can prepare for Currie's hearing. We are already set to appear in the Supreme court of Friday to have other matters of natural justice resolved," Murdoch said.

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/ben-currie-asks-to-defer-show-cause-hearing-20190216
    Mate, if you're gonna copy and paste why didn't you add in The important information from the article....

Here I'll help you out,...

The Toowoomba-based trainer was hit with seven animal cruelty charges including use of jiggers.

Currie already faces 28 charges from a raid on his stables in April last year and four unrelated positive swab charges.

As I've said before they don't lay charges if they have nothing on you.
    That's a fair list
    And the only jurisdiction actually looking after the industry's interests remotely is NSW as they are refusing any nominations from him.
  • What a grub

Toepuntit likes this post.

Toepuntit said:

Mate, if you're gonna copy and paste why didn't you add in The important information from the article....

Here I'll help you out,...

The Toowoomba-based trainer was hit with seven animal cruelty charges including use of jiggers.

Currie already faces 28 charges from a raid on his stables in April last year and four unrelated positive swab charges.

As I've said before they don't lay charges if they have nothing on you.
    That's a fair list
    And the only jurisdiction actually looking after the industry's interests remotely is NSW as they are refusing any nominations from him.

I posted the link, didn't I? :-B
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    how the hell is he still training with these outstanding charges? and how long will they allow him to train for? 
    that is a joke.
    Im pretty sure we all know how this will end. 
  • spinkingspinking    3,738 posts
    Ten months and still training absolutely unbelievable the powers to be in Queensland must be busy
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    just from what I read/hear on the media I have come to the conclusion that the upholders of integrity in Qld. must be the most incompetent bunch you would ever see.
    the man should have been in the centrelink queue months and months ago.
    Finally some action
    Suspended as a result of "show cause" hearing today,
    edited February 2019
    https://www.racing.com/news/2019-02-18/ben-currie-update

There you go.

Waiting for my update on the Better Than Ready colt I have a share in from Ben. 
    Was meant to do a jump out tomorrow and has been doing some nice work. Really is an uncertain time for the scores of owners with Currie Racing and puts a lot of peoples interests in limbo. I guess we learn more in the next 10 days.

Before you belt me with your words of wisdom, I just want to let you know why I have my stance.

I've known Ben for about 6 years now, visited his stables and had many yarns, he's a mate as far as I'm concerned. Bens told me he's pleading not guilty to all charges, that's good enough for me. If he's found guilty, I'll be giving him a call and be asking a few questions. End of the day, I stick by my mates.

Cheers
    Skids 

Toepuntit, jum, Gilgamesh, oldhendo likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    SKIDS said:

There you go.

Waiting for my update on the Better Than Ready colt I have a share in from Ben. 
    Was meant to do a jump out tomorrow and has been doing some nice work. Really is an uncertain time for the scores of owners with Currie Racing and puts a lot of peoples interests in limbo. I guess we learn more in the next 10 days.

Before you belt me with your words of wisdom, I just want to let you know why I have my stance.

I've known Ben for about 6 years now, visited his stables and had many yarns, he's a mate as far as I'm concerned. Bens told me he's pleading not guilty to all charges, that's good enough for me. If he's found guilty, I'll be giving him a call and be asking a few questions. End of the day, I stick by my mates.

Cheers
    Skids 
    Hats of to you Skids.
    Not many would go into bat, But I have met you and had a beer with you. Your response does not surprise me one bit. 
    But Fuckk me how bad are these QLD stewards, apparently been sitting on these 7 charges of electrical devices for 10 months. Now getting in on the Weir case. ????????????????
    Makes you wonder why. If they had him cold, you would think they would have gone earlier. Instead of letting it roll on for 11 months.

Hope it all works out for you and the others in your Better Than Ready colt.

RIO, SKIDS likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Re the QLD stewards, only thing I can think of is that they were told to wait till the whale was caught.....that happened then bang another caught out. One wonders how wide this net casts?