0 Members & 8 Non Members

On What Grounds?

Sport
TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts

Comments

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    I too wondered that
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Who would want to go there now when the CEO talks like this? Such an unhealthy environment in my opinion. 

RIO likes this post.

• tonytony    2,361 posts
    Surely if he did go to court there is a possible restraint of trade ruling which woujld get rid of the draft entirely and only make it worse for all "weak" teams.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    As a player manager, would you really want your best payers goign there?? I reckon they are giving the young fellas some great advice...however your 3rd and 4th stringers i'd be suggesting they go there and sign a 4 yr contract.....

Cant see how he could sue them for giving advice on where to go...as that is their job!?!?!?

Agree para, who would want to go there with a CEO like that!!
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    paraletic said:

Who would want to go there now when the CEO talks like this? Such an unhealthy environment in my opinion. 

If I was a potential player or draftee going to Gold Coast that's exactly how I'd want my CEO defending the club.

Mark Evans isn't some cowboy, he oversaw the program as footy manager at Hawthorn that lead to their three flags and then ran footy operations at the AFL very successfully.

That clubs needs to start talking and acting tough, it's good leadership.

jum likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    not disputing that he has to defend his club... 
    but how can you take a player manager to court for advising their client? 

RIO likes this post.

He won't, it's a ruse...

TheDiva likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

It works both ways I think. A manager could and should be advising his kids.........

There's two ways of looking at this son. firstly there facilities are shittt, you will play in front of 5000 people regularly, you will have no one around you for support, pick another club.

OR head there son, knuckle down for 3 years, you will get a massive opportunity to play in your first two years to show everyone your talent compared to say if you went to Richmond Geelong or Collingwood. If you dominate in that side. you can name your price at any other club in Australia. And pick where YOU want to go. $$$$$$$

$-) $-) $-)
    How about, be happy you're on an AFL list son!

jum, VillageKid likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    Be honest NSS, if your kid was talented enough and you could take the bias out of it. Surely you would take a big Melbourne club, Adelaide, WCE or Sydney over Gold Coast Suns
    The best kid goes to the bottom club, so what the parent wants is a moot point Jum
  • runyonrunyon    569 posts
    The real problem isn't getting them to the club. It's getting them to stay there.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

The best kid goes to the bottom club, so what the parent wants is a moot point Jum

Not if you do Jack Darling and get caught at school camp playing around with some girls in a tent and sent home. then get caught on the **** in Northbridge by the cops and have it conveniently thrown in the papers.

Left alone by all the bottom clubs and picked up by his club of choice.

:D  :D  I am a conspiracy theorist by the way :))  :))

Manchild likes this post.