G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 34 Non Members

Brownlow Medal 2018

Sport
ciscocisco    805 posts
Hey Boys,

Any thoughts on who will win the Brownlow this year?

Cheers cisco

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Gaff

H-BOMBER, jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts

Its all Tommy Mitchells mate, Cripps was the better player. But Carlton did not win enough games.

So where Cripps gets 1s and 2s. Mitchell gets 3s and 2s

Manchild likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    RIO said:

Gaff

b-(  b-(  b-(  b-(  b-(  b-(  b-(  b-(  b-(

=))

RIO likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    RIO said:

Gaff

JOKES aside i think he'll win it too but will be obviously unable to collect it from that incident a few weeks ago, whoever does win it by default good luck to em

Clayton Oliver is my best eachway
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited September 2018
    Hash and a few others will be wiser on this...but noticed in team betting on the Brownlow Medal that Richmond are around $10 to poll the most votes and Melbourne a very tight $2.25.

The Tigers finished on top as we know and the Dees were no certainties to make the eight until the concluding stages.

Realise that finishing on top doesn't neccesarily to polling the most team votes but can't quite understand why the Demons are so short and the Tigers at double figures.

Perhaps Melbourne had some very big wins whereby all three votes will go to them and some close losses where they will probably poll too. But taking $2.25 on a team to poll the most votes that was in danger of missing the eight seems fraught with danger.

VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Great to have you back @Ridersonthestorm33 your great input has been missed on the forum mate!

cisco likes this post.

edited September 2018
    Good work VK...just about to check the WAFL page. Got a bit of catching up to do.

VillageKid likes this post.

edited September 2018
    With the team to poll the most votes - ineligible players - are counted so no problems there.
    Just can't work out the discrepancy in price between Melbourne around $2.25 and Richmond about $10.

Bearing in mind doesn't matter who gets the votes and with the Tigers finishing clearly on top why are they $10 ?
    No doubt will be answered on the night.
    My special for the Brownlow....
    Top 10 Finish ( Eligible players only which is a big help )
    He's only paying $1.80 but if doesn't finish top 10 will never bet on a Brownlow again!

Hint: Plays for Geelong.
    Second hint: He's already won a Brownlow.
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    Ablett :-?? :))
    That was going to be the third hint: it's not Gary Ablett Jnr. or Snr.
    This guy made the All Australian team again this year.
    Think a special to finish anywhere from about 7th to 10th.
    edited September 2018
    Also going to put a few buckaroos on Richmond to poll the most team votes...getting $10 about a team that finished on top of the ladder is worth a sneaky throw at the stumps and hopefully given out!

Think the Pies will do well in team votes too and could be a bit of value.
    Although once again they are just $4 in comparison to the Tigers $10. It's got me beat but that's not very hard to do b-(
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    Can't wait for the email with the "leaked" finishing order to do the rounds before Monday

Then the email with a PowerPoint presentation tation of the red carpet fillies.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts

My special for the Brownlow....
    Top 10 Finish ( Eligible players only which is a big help )
    He's only paying $1.80 but if doesn't finish top 10 will never bet on a Brownlow again!

Hint: Plays for Geelong.
    Second hint: He's already won a Brownlow.

Patrick Dangerfield Riders?

My tip is Max Gawn.
    Yes Patrick Dangerfield can't see him missing top ten @$1.80 especially with Gaff & Fyfe being ineligible.

Don't think he will be top five either but will slot in between 6th and 10th. Now watch him come 11th :-<
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    I have a few bob on Yeo and Sidebottom straight out, w/o mitchell and top 5.

But Mitchell should win in a canter.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    When are they going to change the name from Brownlow to midfielders medal

TheDiva likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    When are they going to retire Bruce.......totally nauseating.....and creepy!!

oldhendo likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Definitely nothing wrong with a b and f sports award but imo the whole shitshow is nauseating starting with the red carpet wankfest and then it drags on for 3 fugn hours.. hence why i dont watch a minute..the day King Carey never won the thing was the end for me.

Manchild likes this post.

• spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    When they stop getting mileage out of showing him when Winks goes round. Jeez what could of been for Cripps if the blues one more games . Ablett the goat in. Brownlow voting

jum likes this post.

edited September 2018
    VK & hash...he was never ever ever going to get there but thanks to three votes in the final game Dangerfield sneaks home into equal 10th ...as close to 11th as possible!

Angus Brayshaw's third placing has lifted the trifecta dividend to astronomical proportions.
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited September 2018
    Absolutley Best On
    PNG
    PNG
    Capture.PNG
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Are umpires influenced by the finishing places of the previous year or two or just the blokes who run around in the middle the most ? I see the Brownlow more and more becoming one of not the best or breakout year but one of umpires watching the blokes who polled well the previous year and not seeing much else.

jum likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    its time to ditch the umpires.. theyre stupid blind rabbits... how can they be trusted to vote for the brownlow. 
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    I like the coaches award as the best guide.
    They're the absolute top level experts (by virtue of their appointments) - so best judge.

TheDiva likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    edited September 2018
    TheDiva said:

its time to ditch the umpires.. theyre stupid blind rabbits... how can they be trusted to vote for the brownlow. 

You talking about Marley Williams getting 3 votes for his 12 touches and 63 ranking points in a game this year Diva 
    :D
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    marley who?  :D

jum likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts
    The Brownlow Medal is all about getting fairest and best votes from the umpires at the end of each game.
    How come no Brownlow Medal winner has ever thanked the umpires in their acceptance speech ??

Manchild, TheDiva likes this post.

edited October 2018
    Think great South Fremantle footballer Stephen Michael thanked the umpires after bolting in his Sandover Medal one year.
    What a player he was. Dual winner 1980 - 81.

TheDiva likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,360 posts

Think great South Fremantle footballer Stephen Michael thanked the umpires after bolting in his Sandover Medal one year.
    What a player he was. Dual winner 1980 - 81.

Great player. Obviously knew the votes were given by the officials on the ground and not the ones in the press box.